***Auburn vs. Georgia Southern -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

I'd expect to try to get Stidhams confidence by working on his progressions and getting him easy throws.  All his throws either confuse him or he's not certain what to do.  

He's had some nerves, hasn't pulled the trigger a few times he should have.  It is his first live action since 2015.

2 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Unexplainable while Nate Craig Meyers isn't playing.  

This, he wasn't a 5 star best rated receiver in the country for no reason. At least give him a shot.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

but you just know Gus will not do that. He will just keep handing it off and we will probaly win 56-14 but that is not going to help us vs clemson.

Which i wouldn't agree with. Because if we can't execute the "vanilla" stuff as some say that's all we've run thus far....how can we expect to open it up against Clemson? That was my point in the thread about going vanilla or saving plays. I don't expect us to run the entire playbook but we clearly need to work on things when it comes to the offense. We need as many valuable reps as possible...esp. the Oline and JS.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

He's had some nerves, hasn't pulled the trigger a few times he should have.  It is his first live action since 2015.

Which is on Chip.  He's got to call easier plays to get Stidham going.  

13 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

I am sure that these coaches know their personnel, but Hastings is playing and NCM isn't?

Mutually exclusive events - they don't run the same routes

The real truth is that Stidham looks bad right now. He looks nervous. And the play calling is not helping at all. These plays take too long and he needs to get rid of the ball sooner. 

He needs to calm down. 

3 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

What good does that do if Clemson sells out the run next week and Stidham doesn't get more passing reps which he sorely needs?  

That's got absolutely nothing to do with your statement of the offense not having a pulse.  Quit changing the subject because you are losing the argument.

You don't have any idea what plays were called.  You're just speculating to justify being a Nancy.

Just now, WarTiger said:

That's got absolutely nothing to do with your statement of the offense not having a pulse.  Quit changing the subject because you are losing the argument.

:Sing: lol the passing game doesn't really have a pulse right now outside of Hastings.  

JMO but our offense looks like just about any other team's offense.   Not sure what anyone is expecting....but there have been plenty of passes called ....and not executed but the blend of plays looks pretty normal....like Michigan or FSU or just look around.   If there was some execution on the pass plays the situation would look totally.

I'm watching in prep for next week. Worried with oline. We need to be who we are which is run play action. Get the oline going get the run game established, then the pass game will come. The defense will be tested next week the secondary better be ready.

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

The real truth is that Stidham looks bad right now. He looks nervous. And the play calling is not helping at all. These plays take too long and he needs to get rid of the ball sooner. 

He needs to calm down. 

I think he has done decent considering his oline hasn't been helping much

It's been a combination of things. I don't think you can put it all on Chip. At moments it's been all of the above. The Oline just started to get it going run blocking in the 2nd Q. Just don't think it's fair to point all fingers at Chip at this point. Let's see how the 2nd half goes. 

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

None.  How many times has he gotten open?

Titan are you an oak tree? Because you throw some serious shade lol

Just now, TitanTiger said:

You don't have any idea what plays were called.  You're just speculating to justify being a Nancy.

I don't have any idea what plays were called?  Yeah ok, pal.  Not speculating, watching the game and seeing the plays unfold.  

Archived