***Auburn vs. Georgia Southern -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

Our offense has looked pretty ugly this evening. I really hope we open it up a ton next week

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

You taking shots at the wrong person. Now you're just seeking confrontation. Enjoy the game and stop making smart-alec comments.

My bad. Apologies.

Just now, Tiger said:

Are our WRs not getting open or is Stidz mega rusty? At times he's had more than ample time but hasn't thrown it.

Probably both

Just now, Tiger said:

Are our WRs not getting open or is Stidz mega rusty? At times he's had more than ample time but hasn't thrown it.

Good question. I'd like to know as well. 

I think Jarrett needs to work on getting the ball out quicker and Chip needs to call some plays with some hot routes and safety valves.  The holding the ball so long is concerning if he makes this a habit against Clemson or elite SEC defenses.  

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

I think holland has superhuman powers

I'll reserve judgment until after Clemson, UGA, LSU, Turds, etc. Whole D looks superhuman against these guys. 

Boy it is a shame there is not a 0 on the scoreboard for this defense.  They have earned it.  

Just now, cammycam2 said:

Our offense has looked pretty ugly this evening. I really hope we open it up a ton next week

We have almost 400 yds, 34 points and it's still the 3rd quarter.  It might not be as tight as we'd hoped, but it's hardly ugly.

Just now, AUBwins said:

Boy it is a shame there is not a 0 on the scoreboard for this defense.  They have earned it.  

Defense didn't allow the TD. :dunno:

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

D is pitching a shutout. 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

We have almost 400 yds, 34 points and it's still the 3rd quarter.  It might not be as tight as we'd hoped, but it's hardly ugly.

I think they may be referring to the glaring issues that must be fixed starting with the next practice.  Some good things tonight and some not so good things.  

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Agree. QB play not what I was hoping for. Hopefully just rust.

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Defense didn't allow the TD. :dunno:

That was my point.  

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

So now you're allowed to make a fair catch, and then take off running with the football. Must be a rule change.

I wondered the same thing.  I was sure he called for a fair catch.

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I'll reserve judgment until after Clemson, UGA, LSU, Turds, etc. Whole D looks superhuman against these guys. 

We will not have better talent than any of those teams. It will likely come down to execution as it normally does. 

1 minute ago, 80Tiger said:

Agree. QB play not what I was hoping for. Hopefully just rust.

Heisman talk to Stidham probably a bit premature but he's not getting lost mentally and letting it affect him so its improvement I'd say.  But teams usually make their biggest improvement from week one to two.  And th offense could use that now if the defense makes that kind of huge improvement then this could defensively be one of the better defenses in AU history.  Let's hope.  

Archived