***Auburn vs. Georgia Southern -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose that I may be a debbie downer and in the minority, but thus far I have seen Stidham do nothing that White was not or is not capable of.  The ONLY thing that has changed as best as I can tell is that Lindsey now calls a more balanced amount of passes in relation to run plays.  Which is great.  But Stidham looks scared to death out there and holds the ball entirely too long.  It is Jeremy Johnson esque only in that both seemed gun shy and afraid of making a mistake more so than just working hard to make a play.  Stidham is rusty and I get that, but I am skeptical that Stidham is as good as everyone (yes the coaches and team not the media) sold him to be.  Now next week he may very well prove me wrong but up to now he is just a more gun-shy Sean White.

As for the defense, the defensive line looks absolutely dominant I look forward to watching them.  The secondary looks good in run support we will see about pass defense next week.

When Stidham has thrown it he has mostly been right on the money. Only a few off passes. Couple drops too. He would have probably around ~200 yards or more right now if not for 2 drops. Slayton on the bomb and Sal just now

3 minutes ago, AUTiger2012 said:

I suppose that I may be a debbie downer and in the minority, but thus far I have seen Stidham do nothing that White was not or is not capable of.  The ONLY thing that has changed as best as I can tell is that Lindsey now calls a more balanced amount of passes in relation to run plays.  Which is great.  But Stidham looks scared to death out there and holds the ball entirely too long.  It is Jeremy Johnson esque only in that both seemed gun shy and afraid of making a mistake more so than just working hard to make a play.  Stidham is rusty and I get that, but I am skeptical that Stidham is as good as everyone (yes the coaches and team not the media) sold him to be.  Now next week he may very well prove me wrong but up to now he is just a more gun-shy Sean White.

Their long balls don't look anything alike IMO

1 minute ago, AUTiger2012 said:

Well...he just threw a TD pass and we have not seen SW do that often

Nice throw!  I don't know what other people are watching, but Stidham is impressing me with his arm

Well...we see why he favors 33....the only one who looks reliable tonight...

2 minutes ago, AUTiger2012 said:

As for the defense, the defensive line looks absolutely dominant I look forward to watching them.  The secondary looks good in run support we will see about pass defense next week.

Yeah just go ahead and log off.

Martin is just as a small as last year. Looks like a 6 year old with an adult helmet on. He should be faster lol. He has ran hard and has been a spark..

drops drops drops . Come on guys. Get this trash out of your system before Clemson 

3 minutes ago, AUTiger2012 said:

Are we watching the same game, with all due respect.

Archived