***Auburn vs. Georgia Southern -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

If you say so.  I must be watching another game.  Don't confuse having a pulse on offense to being vanilla.  

:slapfh:

1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

If you say so.  I must be watching another game.  Don't confuse having a pulse on offense to being vanilla.  

You don't get 300 yards on offense with no pulse.  Clearly you are watching another game.

8 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Slayton with the catch and run but loses the ball and georgia southern recovers.  CRAP.  That's 3 turnovers in the half.  That needs to be corrected quickly.

So, is Slayton another Auburn receiver who has alot of talent but can't catch a cold?

Anyone at the game ? Does the student section DJ seem distracting ? Does the DJ and stadium music play at the same time ? Over my TV , it sounds like to much. And no I'm not trying to be an old fart.

Just now, WarTiger said:

You don't get 300 yards on offense with no pulse.  Clearly you are watching another game.

What good does that do if Clemson sells out the run next week and Stidham doesn't get more passing reps which he sorely needs?  

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

As jordan has said repeatedly, Guys have come open but instead of sliding, he keeps bailing. I get the pressure but sometimes he also bails

This is his first game in 2 years.....hes gonna have nerves and be in his own head somewhat. He also isn't being done any favors by his O-line or the play calling so far. This, in my opinion at least, was the same thing that was happening to both JJ and SW as far as play calling. Doesn't matter how good of a QB you are if you are constantly put in bad situations. HB dive for short gain, WR screen for no gain or a loss, 3rd and long pass with DE's ears pinned back. Brady might even look bad if he was forced to do that OVER AND OVER. 

1 minute ago, hutchids said:

I don't think so. He's under pressure every drop back. he needs a pocket to be effective, like most QBs.

Also a combination of maybe not being sure of what he's seeing and pulling the trigger on his throws. People have to remember he's been out of football (live contact) for a while. Oline certainly has to step up but improvements needed all around for a better second half from the offense. 

We should be thankful we're getting GA Southern game 1. Sure some may be like it doesn't look good for the Clemson game but we have the 2nd half to get in a rhythm on offense to carry it over to the Clemson game on offense. Starters need to play much of the 2nd half on offense.

I have yet to see anything that leads me to believe Chip is running the show.

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

So, is Slayton another Auburn receiver who has alot of talent but can't catch a cold?

What's scary is that he's playing and some of the others aren't. 

5 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

I'm not confused.  The play calling is basic as one would expect vs a Sunbelt team when you have Clemson the next week.  Execution is the issue.  Even that isn't horrible as we've run up 305 yds.  But turnovers and Stidham nerves are hindering the pass.

4 things:

Play calling is same- terrible. 

Stid looks scared. The timer in his head is going off too soon. But he has not played ball in 2 years. 

KJ is made of glass. 

Defense looks great. 

5 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

This is his first game in 2 years.....hes gonna have nerves and be in his own head somewhat. He also isn't being done any favors by his O-line or the play calling so far. This, in my opinion at least, was the same thing that was happening to both JJ and SW as far as play calling. Doesn't matter how good of a QB you are if you are constantly put in bad situations. HB dive for short gain, WR screen for no gain or a loss, 3rd and long pass with DE's ears pinned back. Brady might even look bad if he was forced to do that OVER AND OVER. 

I am not going to argue with you over this . Agree to disagree.

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

Also a combination of maybe not being sure of what he's seeing and pulling the trigger on his throws. People have to remember he's been out of football (live contact) for a while. Oline certainly has to step up but improvements needed all around for a better second half from the offense. 

We should be thankful we're getting GA Southern game 1. Sure some may be like it doesn't look good for the Clemson game but we have the 2nd half to get in a rhythm on offense to carry it over to the Clemson game on offense. Starters need to play much of the 2nd half on offense.

but you just know Gus will not do that. He will just keep handing it off and we will probaly win 56-14 but that is not going to help us vs clemson.

Just glad we play Clemson next week. Looking fo 2nd half improvements on the o line. Defense will keep us in games until the o gets on track

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I'm not confused.  The play calling is basic as one would expect vs a Sunbelt team when you have Clemson the next week.  Execution is the issue.

I'd expect to try to get Stidhams confidence by working on his progressions and getting him easy throws.  All his throws either confuse him or he's not certain what to do.  

Archived