***FINAL: Auburn 41 Georgia Southern 7 --- Post-Game Thread***

RunInRed

59 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'd love to hear everyone thoughts on this from Gus. 

“Really, some of it had to do with the way they were playing. Some of it had to do with the way the game unfolded,” said Malzahn of the GSU game. “When we had the turnovers early and we knew it was going to be a matter of time before, you know, we could wear them down and run the football."

Is this quote really why you are melting ? What he said was correct . We had turnovers early on, but it was a matter of time before we would overwhelm them. That we did. Reading too much into stuff .

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, triangletiger said:

Oh, I'm sure Malik could sustain an "injury", if it came down to it, and qualify for a medical redshirt.

If Gus isn't willing to pull Sean's "suspension" that is all him, there's no way he's going to fake an injury for a red shirt.

Our turnovers weren't even that bad on our part. Obviously it sucked to turn it over, but the sack fumble was a good D play even if our blocking was a little shabby. Slayton's fumble got punched out from behind. The INT was a dangerous throw but the defender still had to jump the route. A combination of bad luck and carelessness. At least they weren't like the turnovers of 2015!

Edit: I still throw a slew of expletives anytime they happen.

On 9/2/2017 at 11:25 PM, murpjf88 said:

If that's the case, Why didn't Auburn show them the Gene Chizik defense? Why show Clemson the vanilla offense but flash that stout Tiger defense? I agree about the vanilla offense though. Predictable playcalling was predictably predictable. I even think it was a nice touch to add a couple of staged fumbles and the offensive line  could have won the Oscar for faking a poor pass protection. Clemson isn't going to know what hit them next week if what you say is true.

If revisionist history means anything, my greatest fear going into next week is that the offense wasn't Vanilla and that we'll see much more of the same sans a couple of trick plays that fail spectacularly and that this game will be won or lost with the kicking game, assuming the defense is the real deal and that Georgia Southern is a better offensive team from what they showed tonight. 

It might not be a must win next week, but Auburn could definitely use a huge confidence boost especially after the way they lost last year at home to these same Tigers.

We didn't do anything exotic on defense.  We played disciplined, "fill your gap", assignment defense which is exactly how you attack an option offense like theirs.  That was it. 

Now, can you go away until February again?

On 9/6/2017 at 9:40 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'd love to hear everyone thoughts on this from Gus. 

“Really, some of it had to do with the way they were playing. Some of it had to do with the way the game unfolded,” said Malzahn of the GSU game. “When we had the turnovers early and we knew it was going to be a matter of time before, you know, we could wear them down and run the football."

To me this indicates Gus only thinks of the present game only and has little, if any, forethought about the big picture about future games.  He is so myopic in his views and will not let any other view to sway his thinking.  He goes game by game only and he has done this sense he has been here.

Who goes into a game with a gimpy QB (last year UGA game) and has no viable back up QB if that gimpy QB gets hurt?  Who goes into a game at the home of the defending NC when you suspend your backup QB and don't have a viable backup?  Who gambles on the health of his QB to come through a game so he can preserve a RS of an unproven, but potentially, great QB he needs to develop for future games?  Who does?  Gus does, every year.

15 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

To me this indicates Gus only thinks of the present game only and has little, if any, forethought about the big picture about future games.  He is so myopic in his views and will not let any other view to sway his thinking.  He goes game by game only and he has done this sense he has been here.

Who goes into a game with a gimpy QB (last year UGA game) and has no viable back up QB if that gimpy QB gets hurt?  Who goes into a game at the home of the defending NC when you suspend your backup QB and don't have a viable backup?  Who gambles on the health of his QB to come through a game so he can preserve a RS of an unproven, but potentially, great QB he needs to develop for future games?  Who does?  Gus does, every year.

Seriously? That is the most obvious "I hate Gus so I'm going to spin everything to make it seem like he is clueless" post I've ever read.

Every good coach goes game by game. Why? Looking ahead is how you loose to teams you shouldn't lose to.

What was he supposed to do at Georgia, last year?  You cant recruit a free agent mid-season in college. I guess we could have forfeited once we knew Franklin just wasn't going to get it.

What do you mean we don't have a viable back-up? Just because we didn't burn Malik's red shirt last week does not mean he's not viable. Then the following week he likely becomes irrelevant to the season.

Gambling on the health of the QB? Coaches gamble on the health of their QB each week. Again, playing Malik last week is really irrelevant.

As to what coaches work to maintain red shirts of players who could be even more benefit in future seasons (wow... forethought)... pretty much all of them.

You need to figure out who keeps peeing in your cheerios and kick them out of the house.

I am going to ask a dumb question.    Isn't Malik W our back up this week?   If needed, of course.   And if we are in contention.

1 minute ago, Beaker said:

I am going to ask a dumb question.    Isn't Malik W our back up this week?   If needed, of course.   And if we are in contention.

Per Gus, yes.

28 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Seriously? That is the most obvious "I hate Gus so I'm going to spin everything to make it seem like he is clueless" post I've ever read.

Every good coach goes game by game. Why? Looking ahead is how you loose to teams you shouldn't lose to.

What was he supposed to do at Georgia, last year?  You cant recruit a free agent mid-season in college. I guess we could have forfeited once we knew Franklin just wasn't going to get it.

What do you mean we don't have a viable back-up? Just because we didn't burn Malik's red shirt last week does not mean he's not viable. Then the following week he likely becomes irrelevant to the season.

Gambling on the health of the QB? Coaches gamble on the health of their QB each week. Again, playing Malik last week is really irrelevant.

As to what coaches work to maintain red shirts of players who could be even more benefit in future seasons (wow... forethought)... pretty much all of them.

You need to figure out who keeps peeing in your cheerios and kick them out of the house.

I didn't say he was clueless, I said he was myopic.  If Gus shrinks in a game against GSU, that the defense was dominating, because of a fumble/TD does he have any confidence in his OC?  Does micromanaging his personnel instill confidence in Gus' pick of his new OC?

The looking ahead comment displays an misinterpretation of what was stated, I may have not been clear.  I am arguing he needed to look ahead with regard to his backup QB, not overlooking the opponent.  It's about adjusting to conditions as they unfold in the season, not one particular game, especially if you are the one that created the situation.

The Georgia game last year, well Lion, don't be so myopic yourself.  It didn't just happen that we didn't have a back up QB, it developed through the entire season.  JFIII was hand picked to be the starter, as some people suggested, JJ was still fighting for starting position and Queen was available.  What happened during the season that these QB's weren't developed enough to be a backup when needed?  No need to forfeit, just work hard to develop that talent you have, it appears Gus gave up.  Maybe it was because he knew he had SW and didn't think he needed to have a backup?  Pretty myopic if you ask me.

I guess I am comparing the backup to SW who is a capable backup.  Gus suspended SW, but hasn't adjusted for that lose so it seems.  Malik maybe, (and I hope he is), the second coming of NM, but as a fan I haven't seen it.  So, in my view, he isn't a viable backup like SW.  Malik looked great in the A day game, but you can't go by that.

As to the redshirt issue, the redshirt is not as untouchable as it once was.  No one knows if a kid will stay for his 4 years of eligibility or not, especially in a skill position.  Once Gus suspended SW he really put MW's redshirt in jeopardy.  This was self induced, he didn't suspend him for the opener, it was two games.  What was Gus' game plan with respect to the backup?  He knew well before the GSU game he was in this situation.  I have no idea who got more snaps in practice last week or this week, but I do know MW has not taken a meaningful snap in a game.  It maybe irrelevant to you, but I would bet MW would be more comfortable if he saw some game experience before an away game if called upon.

As for MW being irrelevant for the rest of the season, if SW did something to be suspended for two games, I would think MW could have meaningful playing time as the season goes on.  SW probably will graduate at the end of the season and could transfer, don't know, but it's a long season and Gus may have moved on from SW.

Gus is not clueless, he does have an issue (in my opinion) with anticipating problems and that could affect the team during the season.

53 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If Gus shrinks in a game against GSU, that the defense was dominating, because of a fumble/TD does he have any confidence in his OC?  Does micromanaging his personnel instill confidence in Gus' pick of his new OC?

Shrinks? He ran a game plan that worked against our opponents weaknesses and helped to bolster Stidham's confidence? We scored 41 points and Stidham got better as the game went on. Our last touchdown was a perfect corner route.  When was the last time you saw one of those at Auburn?

As for micromanaging... really?  He's the head coach.  It's his job to run the team. Chip called the plays.

52 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The Georgia game last year, well Lion, don't be so myopic yourself.  It didn't just happen that we didn't have a back up QB, it developed through the entire season.  JFIII was hand picked to be the starter, as some people suggested, JJ was still fighting for starting position and Queen was available.  What happened during the season that these QB's weren't developed enough to be a backup when needed?  No need to forfeit, just work hard to develop that talent you have, it appears Gus gave up.  Maybe it was because he knew he had SW and didn't think he needed to have a backup?  Pretty myopic if you ask me.

Could it be that the QBs were developed as much as they could have been? Queen was already long gone. Jeremy just couldn't get it together. Franklin, after working with an outside coach and blowing all of Fall practice trying to get him ready, just couldn't turn the corner, and apparently Woody was worse than all of the above. It was our lack of development? Then why is Franklin now a receiver at FAU? Why were Woody's stats his first game as QB at community college less than impressive? Could it be that they just weren't cut out for the gig? The whole assumption that our coaches are at fault whenever a player fails, but the players are the reason for their success is getting boring.

I guess I am comparing the backup to SW who is a capable backup.  Gus suspended SW, but hasn't adjusted for that lose so it seems.  Malik maybe, (and I hope he is), the second coming of NM, but as a fan I haven't seen it.  So, in my view, he isn't a viable backup like SW.  Malik looked great in the A day game, but you can't go by that.

Sean made his bed and now he has to lie in it.  If Stidham goes down and Malik can't handle the spotlight, then that's on Sean. I applaud Gus for putting discipline above all. I would also be willing to bet that Chip is well aware of what every one of our QBs is capable of. 

As to the redshirt issue, the redshirt is not as untouchable as it once was.  No one knows if a kid will stay for his 4 years of eligibility or not, especially in a skill position.  Once Gus suspended SW he really put MW's redshirt in jeopardy.  This was self induced, he didn't suspend him for the opener, it was two games.  What was Gus' game plan with respect to the backup?  He knew well before the GSU game he was in this situation.  I have no idea who got more snaps in practice last week or this week, but I do know MW has not taken a meaningful snap in a game.  It maybe irrelevant to you, but I would bet MW would be more comfortable if he saw some game experience before an away game if called upon.

What Gus knows all too well, and it's about time if you ask me, is that we need to have a decent stable of QBs going forward. We basically need one each class to stay as long as possible, so we insure that we have a capable back-up. That means it's best to red shirt Freshman, unless they are so good that they win the start. In the case of Malik, the odds of him going early are pretty high.

Yes, Gus is fully aware that Sean's suspension puts Malik's red shirt in jeopardy, but there is absolutely no reason to burn it until it's required, because odds are it won't be. I'm amazed how many people are so worried that Stidham will go down. Sure Sean was some combination of fragile and unlucky, but seriously... of the hundred plus in Div 1, how many QBs are knocked out for the season. 

As for the rest of the season, Gus stated on Tuesday that Sean is the #2 QB and he has no intention of burning Malik's red shirt, unless it's required. What's probably going to happen is that Stidham will play the whole game and Malik will become relevant next year, as planned.

FWIW, Gus said at some point that he wishes he'd played Barrett against UGA. He whiffed on a few things that were obvious to the average fan last year. I'm no Woody Barrett apologist, but any form of logic or rational thought dictates that you try something that might work over something that you know isn't working. One might also ponder the definition of insanity in that situation. 

As for Malik Willis, I previously advocated for keeping on the redshirt. Not only was I wrong; I was being flat out stupid. And so is Gus if he doesn't develop other depth behind Stidham. Not only would it be stupid in any context, but it would be particularly stupid given that roster mismanagement at the most important position on the field has been the defining characteristic of our failures for the last two years.

Gus was caught with his pants down when Jeremy bombed. He was caught with his pants down again when Franklin bombed. And then he was caught with his pants down once again when Sean got hurt.

If he is counting on Stidham (could go pro after this season), White (evidently neither his body nor his decision making can be trusted for an entire season; will likely transfer after this season), Adams (a walk-on), and guys who have never taken a college snap before (see: early Sean White performances), then he will have very much created a wholly preventable lack of depth at quarterback *yet again*. 

But I don't think that's the case. I'm not sure why he didn't play Willis the other night and I definitely question the wisdom in that. Gus certainly hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt the last couple years when it comes to QBs and game plans in early season games. But I think he realizes he needs to get Willis on the field some this year. He's got to. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not only would it be stupid in any context, but it would be particularly stupid given that roster mismanagement at the most important position on the field has been the defining characteristic of our failures for the last two years.

tenor.gif

18 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

IF stidham is out for a prolonged period- if its temporary or short term i believe it will be Adams or Wildcat

I'd guess wildcat if he loses his helmet or something and is out for a play.

23 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

As for micromanaging... really?  He's the head coach.  It's his job to run the team. Chip called the plays.

Yes, micromanaging.  I believe it was passthebiscuits that mentioned Gus told Chip what to call after the early turnovers.  That would be mircromanaging.  Also if Gus is micromanaging now, I wonder if when he will trust his OC to be the OC like he trusts Steele to be his the DC.  I know Chip will have to earn Gus' trust, but against GSU?

31 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Could it be that the QBs were developed as much as they could have been? Queen was already long gone. Jeremy just couldn't get it together. Franklin, after working with an outside coach and blowing all of Fall practice trying to get him ready, just couldn't turn the corner, and apparently Woody was worse than all of the above. It was our lack of development? Then why is Franklin now a receiver at FAU? Why were Woody's stats his first game as QB at community college less than impressive? Could it be that they just weren't cut out for the gig? 

Why did Gus sign these QBs if he didn't think he could develop them into SEC QBs?  Queen is the only one I'll give Gus a pass on, as he was hurt.  

40 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Sean made his bed and now he has to lie in it.  If Stidham goes down and Malik can't handle the spotlight, then that's on Sean. I applaud Gus for putting discipline above all. I would also be willing to bet that Chip is well aware of what every one of our QBs is capable of. 

If Malik can't handle the spotlight, that's on Malik, Sean has nothing to do with that.  Sean put himself before the team, Gus instituted the discipline and SW is paying the price.  We'll see if SW grows from this or not.

50 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

What Gus knows all too well, and it's about time if you ask me, is that we need to have a decent stable of QBs going forward. We basically need one each class to stay as long as possible, so we insure that we have a capable back-up. That means it's best to red shirt Freshman, unless they are so good that they win the start. In the case of Malik, the odds of him going early are pretty high.

Gus had a decent stable of QBs last year, as you mentioned above, he had SW, JJ, JFIII, Queen and Woody.  What he doesn't have is a stable of decent QBs and again, that's on Gus.  I agree, unless the Freshman is good enoug to start he should be redshirted.  Circumstances change and if needed you pull the redshirt.  JJ's redshirt was pulled his freshman year as circumstances dictated.  Gus created this circumstance.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Yes, Gus is fully aware that Sean's suspension puts Malik's red shirt in jeopardy, but there is absolutely no reason to burn it until it's required, because odds are it won't be. I'm amazed how many people are so worried that Stidham will go down. Sure Sean was some combination of fragile and unlucky, but seriously... of the hundred plus in Div 1, how many QBs are knocked out for the season. 

As for the rest of the season, Gus stated on Tuesday that Sean is the #2 QB and he has no intention of burning Malik's red shirt, unless it's required. What's probably going to happen is that Stidham will play the whole game and Malik will become relevant next year, as planned.

Well, FSU and T A&M had their QBs out for the season.  It's not the percentage when it happens to you, it's how well prepared you are to weather the storm.  I have insurance for fire and casualty on my home, there is a low percentage that anything will happen, but I could ill afford to lose the house.

Gus also stated at the beginning of last year that SW was the staring QB and he did start.  I'm sure SW has a warm and fuzzy feeling hearing that from Gus on Tuesday.

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

FWIW, Gus said at some point that he wishes he'd played Barrett against UGA. He whiffed on a few things that were obvious to the average fan last year. I'm no Woody Barrett apologist, but any form of logic or rational thought dictates that you try something that might work over something that you know isn't working. One might also ponder the definition of insanity in that situation. 

As for Malik Willis, I previously advocated for keeping on the redshirt. Not only was I wrong; I was being flat out stupid. And so is Gus if he doesn't develop other depth behind Stidham. Not only would it be stupid in any context, but it would be particularly stupid given that roster mismanagement at the most important position on the field has been the defining characteristic of our failures for the last two years.

Gus was caught with his pants down when Jeremy bombed. He was caught with his pants down again when Franklin bombed. And then he was caught with his pants down once again when Sean got hurt.

If he is counting on Stidham (could go pro after this season), White (evidently neither his body nor his decision making can be trusted for an entire season; will likely transfer after this season), Adams (a walk-on), and guys who have never taken a college snap before (see: early Sean White performances), then he will have very much created a wholly preventable lack of depth at quarterback *yet again*. 

But I don't think that's the case. I'm not sure why he didn't play Willis the other night and I definitely question the wisdom in that. Gus certainly hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt the last couple years when it comes to QBs and game plans in early season games. But I think he realizes he needs to get Willis on the field some this year. He's got to. 

I still argue that there' very little chance of Stidham going early (incidentally, I think Sean will grad transfer to get one last shot). The QB field for the NFL is solid this year and the Stidham we saw, last week wasn't NFL ready. If he had come out in veteran form from the start, maybe, but you have to know the NFL was already wondering if a one-year and 3 game, sophomore would be ready, and now they have to be questioning it even more. 

Here's how I see our QB breakdown

2018 - Stidham - Fields/Willis - Gatewood
2019 - Fields/Gatewood - Gatewood/Willis - Nix
2020 - Fields/Gatwood/Nix - Willis

That's 4 years where you have a reliable back-up no matter how the new recruits pan out, and if by some unbelievable coincidence they don't, you have someone you know could start.

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Someone pee in your Cheeros this morning?

9 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

2018 - Stidham - Fields/Willis - Gatewood
2019 - Fields/Gatewood - Gatewood/Willis - Nix

That's 4 years where you have a reliable back-up no matter how the new recruits pan out, and if by some unbelievable coincidence they don't, you have someone you know could start.

If Willis doesn't play this year and show that he is a reliable backup, then you go into 2018 with no reliable backup. If Stidham *does* go pro or get injured, then you don't even have a reliable starter. 

Starting in 2019, your list only has 1 guy who's ever worn an Auburn uniform and 1 other guy who's currently committed. Then you have 2 guys who aren't even committed, one of whom who isn't even in this recruiting cycle. 

We had far better depth charts on paper going into spring ball each of the previous 2 seasons.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, micromanaging.  I believe it was passthebiscuits that mentioned Gus told Chip what to call after the early turnovers.  That would be mircromanaging.  Also if Gus is micromanaging now, I wonder if when he will trust his OC to be the OC like he trusts Steele to be his the DC.  I know Chip will have to earn Gus' trust, but against GSU?

I've heard that Gus told Chip to focus on the ground game. I know he wasn't calling the plays. I don't know about you but my boss tells me the direction to move in all of the time. He's not micromanaging me, he's running the department that he's in charge of.

I don't get why people think Gus should just hire coordinators and then do nothing. I can't name a single head coach who does that.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If Malik can't handle the spotlight, that's on Malik, Sean has nothing to do with that.

What that does to the team is on Sean, because he was supposed to be available as the #2 QB.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Gus had a decent stable of QBs last year, as you mentioned above, he had SW, JJ, JFIII, Queen and Woody.

Gus didn't have a decent stable of QBs. As mentioned before Queen was already gone, Franklin is apparently a wide receiver, Woody apparently doesn't qualify as decent, and Jeremy has whatever Jeremy's mental issue is. Gus had Sean last year. That's why he's finally realized that he needs to recruit more QBs so that he can make-up for the ones that don't pan out.

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, FSU and T A&M had their QBs out for the season.  It's not the percentage when it happens to you, it's how well prepared you are to weather the storm.  I have insurance for fire and casualty on my home, there is a low percentage that anything will happen, but I could ill afford to lose the house.

And if he burns his red shirt, and he would have been our best option at QB his RS Senior Year, due to whatever circumstance, everyone would be pissed that Gus burned his red shirt in case of a 1 game eventuality that didn't happen.

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Gus also stated at the beginning of last year that SW was the staring QB and he did start.  I'm sure SW has a warm and fuzzy feeling hearing that from Gus on Tuesday.

Now we're back to expecting the worst case scenario from Gus. There is no chance at all that Gus is not being truthful about Sean being our #2 QB. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If Willis doesn't play this year and show that he is a reliable backup, then you go into 2018 with no reliable backup. If Stidham *does* go pro or get injured, then you don't even have a reliable starter. 

Starting in 2019, your list only has 1 guy who's ever worn an Auburn uniform and 1 other guy who's currently committed. Then you have 2 guys who aren't even committed, one of whom who isn't even in this recruiting cycle. 

We had far better depth charts on paper going into spring ball each of the previous 2 seasons.

When did it become law that, if a player hasn't played in live action, that they aren't reliable/capable? Fromm did a pretty darn good job last week for Georgia. 

Even if we don't get Fields/Nix, we have Gatewood/Willis. I say Willis play in the A-Day game and I've heard what people have seen from him in practice. He has the tools.  We've got to stop assuming that every QB that comes through Auburn is going to be Jeremy. Jeremy's are the exception to the rule, not the rule.

We had more bodies, but we know Willis can play ball. We didn't know if a single one of them, other than Sean could.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

When did it become law that, if a player hasn't played in live action, that they aren't reliable/capable? Fromm did a pretty darn good job last week for Georgia. 

Even if we don't get Fields/Nix, we have Gatewood/Willis. I say Willis play in the A-Day game and I've heard what people have seen from him in practice. He has the tools.  We've got to stop assuming that every QB that comes through Auburn is going to be Jeremy. Jeremy's are the exception to the rule, not the rule.

We had more bodies, but we know Willis can play ball. We didn't know if a single one of them, other than Sean could.

Definition of reliable: "consistently good in quality or performance; able to be trusted". To me that means we've seen him do it in live action against an opponent more than once. 

Are we saying that experience doesn't matter? Let me ask you another question: Would you feel good about our chances of winning the SEC West with a freshman quarterback who had never taken a college snap before? 

I'm not assuming that Willis is anything like Jeremy. I've said many times that we won't see another Jeremy. Jeremy's start to the 2015 season was bad in, literally, a historical context. And, that being the case, there is a vast space between 2015 Jeremy Johnson and QB play I'd call adequate (or "reliable"). And we're going to need *good* QB play. Every season. We should expect that. 

We know Willis can play ball in practice. We know even less about Gatewood. Things change when a kid has to play under the lights in front of a crowd, and they change even more on the road. 

Clemson's QB is a junior who played in each of his first two seasons. He was the team's 5th leading rusher as a true freshman. It will be interesting to see whose QB is sharper Saturday.

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Ouch!

Succinct (I got it), if stark.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Would you feel good about our chances of winning the SEC West with a freshman quarterback who had never taken a college snap before? 

I wouldn't be placing bets on it, but I wouldn't be going into the season saying there was no chance. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm not assuming that Willis is anything like Jeremy. I've said many times that we won't see another Jeremy.

My point in bring up Jeremy is that NEED from fans for the coaches to see a player in live action in order for them to be comfortable in knowing what that player is capable of, and for that player to be ready to lead the team, came from the fact that the coaches didn't know Jeremy's weakness until he was starting under the lights. Now that we have Chip, who is very much a QB coach, I don't think the coaches need to see them in live action, or they are under-prepared without live action.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Clemson's QB is a junior who played in each of his first two seasons. He was the team's 5th leading rusher as a true freshman. It will be interesting to see whose QB is sharper Saturday.

This is so the truth. I didn't watch Clemson play last week, but everything I've read about it makes it seem like he would have been better off playing a scrimmage against his own guys as far as honing his skills. At least Georgia Southern tried. It will be interesting to see how he handles a relentless defense that appears to be very good at containing.

46 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Someone pee in your Cheeros this morning?

See Lion's original answer to my original post.  

Archived