Cam's Little Brother

subterranean_jack

12 minutes ago, subterranean_jack said:

Cam Newton's little brother, Caylin, plays QB for Howard, and Howard just upset UNLV 43-40. Caylin is starting as a true freshman and rushed for 190 yards, 2 TDs.

Is he playing QB?

Yes he is and we should have gotten him

24 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

One of the Bigger upsets in college football really. Wow. 

HUGE upset. Howard was horrible last year. I would think this is the biggest athletic victory in the history of the school.

I'm glad we got Malik and I would have taken him over Caylin, but I fear we should have tried harder to get Caylin too.

5 hours ago, subterranean_jack said:

HUGE upset. Howard was horrible last year. I would think this is the biggest athletic victory in the history of the school.

I'm glad we got Malik and I would have taken him over Caylin, but I fear we should have tried harder to get Caylin too.

Well, there must be a reason he didn't get any offers from big schools? Did everyone misunderestimate him?

So we should of signed him instead of signing who ?:dunno:

2 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Well, there must be a reason he didn't get any offers from big schools? Did everyone misunderestimate him?

They did Hastings

58 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So we should of signed him instead of signing who ?:dunno:

Don't we have a couple of long snappers and holders on scholarship?

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I have no idea...maybe...but was just thinking that we sign a limited number of players each year and if we should have signed the little brother, then who do we give up to get a QB we probably don't need ?.  

Expect the kid wanted to go where he had a good chance to play and looks like he made a good choice.  Nothing wrong with Howard as an educational institution either. .  And who would want to go to a school where his brother is a legend?  

Nice to see a school like Howard take down one of the bigger guys....like Liberty taking down Baylor last night....the kind of stuff that makes following college football fun.

I expect he wanted to go where he can play too, but I also suspect they didn't offer him a scholly. And I would bet if he has some unexpected growth spurt he'll transfer to a big time school. But I really wasn't talking scholly I was talking stashing him like they did Fisher and tubberville's kid. Nobody has a problem with them being on the team

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

One reason is, he is 5'11" and 185 lbs. 

J3 wait what, who didn't have 3300 yards passing and over 1000 yard rushing in his senior season (yes high school at Grady), since I live in Atlanta I get a lot of people that have come up to me in the last year when wearing my Auburn gear and say "Man Cam's little brother is tearing it up at Grady we couldn't stop him"

Why didn't Auburn offer?  40 time 4.8.  Throwing strength is middle of the road and I assume height played into it and we had a strong list of QBs and he wanted to play QB, Howard is an awesome school and he stays far away from Cam's shadow.   Well sort of it was Cam's little brother that beat UNLV not Caylin hopefully that changes for him

Archived