Cam's Little Brother

subterranean_jack

Baylor a 31 point favorite last night....could of made good money on that one too.....

12 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Yeah, but his name is Will Hastings, not Will Newton.

Ooh ok now it makes sense.....

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Ooh ok now it makes sense.....

Well, it should be quite obvious why a 5'10" 150lb receiver (Hastings) might fly under the radar vs a guy (Newton) who is the brother of arguably the best college football player ever. :-\

4 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Well, it should be quite obvious why a 5'10" 150lb receiver (Hastings) might fly under the radar vs a guy (Newton) who is the brother of arguably the best college football player ever. :-\

Yeah a 5'10" wr vs a 5'10" qb. But you really can't be trying to be sarcastic and argue this. There are literally hundreds of success stories of guys who were overlooked and you're trying to use that as an argument.....And even an eye roll emoji.....that's funny. How about Derek Carr, he ended up at Fresno st. 

This is the argument we see every time we don't sign somebody's bother or son who played at Auburn. This is similar to the * argument and finding the diamond in the rough. It is easy to second guess after the player goes somewhere else and is great but at the time of the recruitment how do you pick up a 5'11" 186 pound QB wit decent but not great speed.  By the numbers Caylin was not SEC caliber QB and at his height and weight 4.8 forty doesn't fit top athlete either.

Coaches are in atough position with a 25 per year limit that is why we don't always offer legacies or even some 3 star players there are people higher on the board. 

Caylin made the right choice starting at Harvard get a world class education and an assurred job coming out of Howard. At his size he won't play at the NFL level.

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

This is the argument we see every time we don't sign somebody's bother or son who played at Auburn. This is similar to the * argument and finding the diamond in the rough. It is easy to second guess after the player goes somewhere else and is great but at the time of the recruitment how do you pick up a 5'11" 186 pound QB wit decent but not great speed.  By the numbers Caylin was not SEC caliber QB and at his height and weight 4.8 forty doesn't fit top athlete either.

Coaches are in atough position with a 25 per year limit that is why we don't always offer legacies or even some 3 star players there are people higher on the board. 

Caylin made the right choice starting at Harvard get a world class education and an assurred job coming out of Harvard. At his size he won't play at the NFL level.

Actually it was Howard...but still a probably a good choice for him.  He's likely to have  a good football career there and get a good education.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Actually it was Howard...but still a probably a good choice for him.  He's likely to have  a good football career there and get a good education.

Thanks I updated mine to say Howard.

On 9/3/2017 at 8:45 AM, cole256 said:

I expect he wanted to go where he can play too, but I also suspect they didn't offer him a scholly. And I would bet if he has some unexpected growth spurt he'll transfer to a big time school. But I really wasn't talking scholly I was talking stashing him like they did Fisher and tubberville's kid. Nobody has a problem with them being on the team

well i hope we didn't turn him down. i don't know if we "recruit" walkons or not. would love to have him on the team but i think too many of us fans WOULD have jumped the gun on expectations. he probably did himself a favor.

10 hours ago, alexava said:

well i hope we didn't turn him down. i don't know if we "recruit" walkons or not. would love to have him on the team but i think too many of us fans WOULD have jumped the gun on expectations. he probably did himself a favor.

There are preferred walk ons all the time. One of my good friends was one and got his scholly second or third year. Playing time too. He turned down smaller school's full scholarship offers

Archived