Auburn vs. Clemson score prediction

AUwent

I expect an extremely low scoring affair.

Clemson 17, Auburn 10--gonna take a few weeks before our OL gels, I think.

Fortunately Mercer and Mizzou's Ds are probably worse than GSU's. So hopefully KJ can get the rest he needs by the end of the month.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got two predictions based on if playcalling improves and o line meshes. If all goes well and we are less predictable I say 27-20 auburn. If our defense is on the field too long from offensive shortcomings I say 27-17 Clemson. 

After seeing our defensive line annihilate GASO I feel good about this game. I think our offense is much more effective with Pettway, we still don't know a whole lot about Clemson. They did give up 119 yards rushing to Kent state and Bryant threw an INT in the red zone  

Auburn 31

Clemson 20 (they get a last minute touchdown) 

Watched the Clemson vs Kent St game and Clemson's O looked very smooth. I know it's Kent St. but you can still see the how well the plays are executed . 

I think our Defense will keep us in the game as long as our offense can sustain drives and we don't" have to" rely on the big play every time we score. I'm all about scoring any way you can, but we need to keep our D fresh in this game and wear down theirs.

Clemson hasn't had a dose of Pettaway yet and I hope his rust is dusted off before this game is over.

One last note ....it sure didn't help that our secondary wasn't anything other than run support in the first game. This is going to be a coverage nightmare and we need practice.

I'm an Auburn fan so even though I'm realistic I'm NOT gonna pick against my favorite team.

Auburn 22

Clemson 20

weird score huh

Kent didn't have a head coach among other issues

Us 27 Clem 17

dont read into week 1 too much, teams across the nation struggled USC, Ohio State etc etc 

24-20 Clemson...but its all about how we lose. If we play well and lose only because Clemson outplays us fine. If we lose because of horrible offensive playcalling, then katy bar the door on the rest of our season.

1 hour ago, AU Is Gold said:

Clemson 23

Auburn 26

Auburn wins on a game winning field goal. 

Carlson goes 4-4

Nate craig-myers td

Pettway td

If this happens, everyone owes me $5

If this happens, I'll send it

My heart says AU, my head says Clemson. I don't think any team will be scoring 30 or more points though...

A few things:

Majority of the teams this past week who were superior to their talent struggled early on except Clemson. They looked good starting off and finishing. They did what a good team is supposed to do to inferior talent. They are extremely well coached with added talent.

They have a very good defensive line. JS is going to have to maintain his composure and that starts with the coaching staff calling plays to settle him in and players executing. We are going into a very hostile environment. The line needs to be keyed in as it will be deafening there.

I am not sold on Clemson's QB passing ability, but he is very dynamic. We have to play disciplined ball. If we miss a tackle, we have to be sure to stay with our guys in the secondary. He can improvise and throw a long ball. Clemson still has athletes on the outside.

Turnovers...they need to be limited. Also, being in 3rd and long...very problematic. Yesterday, it was nice to see pace football, but sometimes I felt we were going fast just to go fast. We need to make sure we get the appropriate play to counter the defensive looks. If not, we can be facing those dreaded 3rd and longs. Also, we will see just how innovative CCL is next week. HB dive left, HB dive right will not work with against this bunch. We are going to have to show them different looks, window dressing if I may, to keep them off balance. Clemson is very much an aggressive, attacking team..let's try to exploit that.

This game is nearly impossible to pick. Thanks to opponent quality and game plan, no one has a clue what either team is truly capable of. I agree with DAG that it likely won't be a high scoring game.

One more thing to add. I hope JS leans on SW and LEARNS how to maneuver in the pocket. Yes, I know he hasn't played in a year, but that can be a bad habit to break. One thing I loved about SW was he knew how to subtlely slide left or right to evade pressure. Too many happy feet from JS, which delays him from throwing to those check downs due to the fact he has to completely reset his feet. Coaches need to put as much pressure on him as possible this week. 

This is a tough one to predict.  I expect both teams to score but defense may be the story of the game here.  Lots of ifs.  If the offense can be less one dimensional and predictable, if the offensive line can open some holes, if Chip calls some quick passes to get the ball out, if WRs can catch, then Auburn can pull the win.  If not, Clemson could win by 10-14.  I see this being very close like a last possession winner type game.  Auburn 21 - Clemson 18.  Jarrett throws for 200 plus yards and 2 TDs and Kam has 1 TD.  

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

One more thing to add. I hope JS leans on SW and LEARNS how to maneuver in the pocket. Yes, I know he hasn't played in a year, but that can be a bad habit to break. One thing I loved about SW was he knew how to subtlely slide left or right to evade pressure. Too many happy feet from JS, which delays him from throwing to those check downs due to the fact he has to completely reset his feet. Coaches need to put as much pressure on him as possible this week. 

I'd like him to watch video of Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers in the pocket.  This is where QB development comes in where Chip has to earn his paycheck.  

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Honestly, my favorite thing about last night was Stidham saying he didn't play a good game. Many QBs would take the touchdowns and win and call it good. I love having a QB who is his own worst critic once the game is over. That makes me think he will learn.

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

I'd like him to watch video of Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers in the pocket.  This is where QB development comes in where Chip has to earn his paycheck.  

Yep. I won't lie this had me frustrated last night, but then I had to think..look at his background. He is used to that Texas style of football. Shotgun and quick hitters. Nevertheless, he absolutely needs to work on that. You can't even think about playing football at the next level if you can't maneuver in the pocket. The good thing, the season is still young and so is he. I don't think it will happen over night. We might not even see vast improvement from this department until next year ( I hope not), but people need to have some perspective including myself.

Archived