Auburn vs. Clemson score prediction

AUwent

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yep. I won't lie this had me frustrated last night, but then I had to think..look at his background. He is used to that Texas style of football. Shotgun and quick hitters. Nevertheless, he absolutely needs to work on that. You can't even think about playing football at the next level if you can't maneuver in the pocket. The good thing, the season is still young and so is he. I don't think it will happen over night. We might not even see vast improvement from this department until next year ( I hope not), but people need to have some perspective including myself.

You're right.  Just from a coaching standpoint need to get his footwork down and composure in the pocket but need to get some safe easier underneath routes to get the ball out quick.  That will help him see some completions and shake off nerves and rust.  I love the skill of Will Hastings and think Hastings can have a monster year but Stidham also needs to learn how to go through his progressions I saw him dial in and stay locked on his first read may times but that's fixable all of this is.  Just have to be patient and hope the coaching staff can get it corrected very quickly.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Us: 27

Them: 16

I'm with you Bird. I know it's only one game but I believe that the AUburn defense has a chance to be the best in the conference and as good as their young QB looked, this defense is going to give him more than he can handle. 

6 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I'm with you Bird. I know it's only one game but I believe that the AUburn defense has a chance to be the best in the conference and as good as their young QB looked, this defense is going to give him more than he can handle. 

Yes, it was GaSo, but we were extremely vanilla on D.  I believe once we start stunting and blitzing our D is going to be NASTY!

AU - 27

CU - 17

We embarrass their DL running for over 300 yards.  Stidham hits 2 deep balls one for a walk in touchdown.  

At the end of the day it will be the more physical team and I've been preaching that since summer.  We have got to play "bully ball".

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Honestly, my favorite thing about last night was Stidham saying he didn't play a good game. Many QBs would take the touchdowns and win and call it good. I love having a QB who is his own worst critic once the game is over. That makes me think he will learn.

Yeah  I loved this. The kid is smart and he knows he can do better. Most QB's would be like everything is going great it was a good win for us blah blah.

Stidham was like this was very average....I have more to offer than this.

I think our defense can hang with anyone as long as the offense shows up.  We are not going to be able to just line up and run over those guys.  How well the OL protects and how well the passing attack works will be the key.  If they look like they did last night we won't have much of a chance especially if they turn the ball over.  Our best chance is probably a low scoring defensive battle.  

I think Auburn was playing possum. Pettway will wear Clemson down, 4th quarter will be all Auburn. 30-20 Auburn wins literally running h away. War Eagle! 

Clemson has historically had a tough time with big, physical backs. Even the last three years. Auburns ready and hungry and will wear Clemson down. Both sides of the ball. 

Auburn 31

Clemson 20

Realistically, I gotta give it to Clemson by a TD or so. The main things we got going for us is that Kelly Bryant hasn't played against a real opponent yet in his career, and Auburn is just such a massive bit better than his usual opponents.

So I'm going to go out on a limb, mix in some prayers, and HOPE Pettway can play an entire game without getting hurt, Lindsey is allowed to run the offense as aggressive as he sees fit, the offensive line's pass protection is slightly better than bottom tier D1 level, that KD can mesh back in the offense without any drop off, and that Clemson's DL gets the flu before the game 

From the pages of Leonard's Loser:

"The South Carolina puddy cats are on a roll after snuffing out the Golden Flashes of Kent State.  They played offense like a well oiled machine for sure.  However the East Alabama felines know a thing or two about machinery and could very easily engineer their own upset.  This game comes down to turnovers and a man known as "Legatron".  Leonards Loser:  Clemson. "

Aub 24

Clemson 21

I think our defense keeps them under 20 and can't see our offense not scoring at least 20. This means we win without factoring in turnovers.  A turnover and a short field for Clemson could be disastrous to our chances unless we can get the same thing in return.  I feel better after seeing Stidham in the 2nd half last Saturday.  He released the ball a little quicker than the first half.  I can see us with a double digit win if we click on offense.  I will be a little more cautious with the prediction.  23-17 Auburn. 

Thirty one/ twenty four Auburn Tigers win it!

17 hours ago, CountStandya said:

Yeah  I loved this. The kid is smart and he knows he can do better. Most QB's would be like everything is going great it was a good win for us blah blah.

Stidham was like this was very average....I have more to offer than this.

He looked nervous and rusty. He looked like a qb who had not played a real game in a while. but as the game moved into latter stages he looked more comfortable and settled. Remember this is a new QB, new offense....hopefully Stidham knocked the rust off and is ready for the fighting Dabos. as for the score....Auburn 30...Clemson 24

Espn FPI indicates we only have a 32.5% chance to win?. Gives us a better chance (right now) to beat bama at 39.1%. I'm sincerely hoping they are wrong. Line has gone to Clemson 5.5 so bettors putting some $ on AU.

Archived