Auburn vs. Clemson score prediction

AUwent

Their secondary is unproven without Cordrea Tankersly (sp?) and ours is a group of veterans. I don't think they will be able to run at will against us. Their OL is worse at run blocking than pass blocking and we have a whole gang of run stoppers. Their defense will give our O fits to start but I think Jarrett's deep ball is going to surprise a lot of people in this game.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good tigers - 27

Bad tigers - 17

I don't care who their qb is...He's not Watson and we handled him pretty well last year anyway. Deon Cain and Renfrow are the guys to watch.. Especially Cain on deep balls. Their d-line will get some big stops and be disruptive but the Bubba and Stid connection will prove to be too much in the end. 

As I said in the MMW thread, Carlson wins the Clemson game in the final 2 minutes.

Auburn 26

Clemson 24

Gus emphatically yells at mid-field on the post-game interview, "I can't think of a better place to end this streak than Death Valley, South Carolina baby!!!"

I have a good feeling about his game.  I think JS has a better game, having gotten that first one under his belt and understanding where he needs to improve.  Having KP and KD back will also help.  I think a heavy dose of Pettway and JS feeling more comfortable and hitting his targets will result in a much better looking offense.  Defense looked very good.  They will still look good this game but will give up around 17 points.  It will not be a high scoring game because both defenses are good.  I think AU comes out on top, 24-17 and that begins the ball rolling down hill for AU for the rest of the season.  We only get better game by game.  This will be a huge step and a monumental confidence boost for the team.

Don't think the offense is in as much trouble as many of you think. First game jitters + QB playing first game in 2 years + no Kam Pettway/Kyle Davis still equals 41 points and over 500 yards? 

Defense looks really really good.

Auburn 30

Clempson 21

i'll say 26 - 20 AU assuming we fix the turnover issues. Our offense played much better in the second half and i'm hoping against hope that we have some new wrinkles for Clemson that we were saving

32 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

35 - 9 Clemson. Don't have the coaching on the O to keep up. Not with Gus meddling.  

So hopefully the PTB tell Gus "hands off or you're fired" afterwards?

I got 

Auburn - 35

Clem - 17

I believe Chip showed Clemson a bunch of the old stuff last week and kept a lot in his pocket for this week. We are going to come out and surprise them and take an early 2 TD lead and they won't catch up from there. #WDE

On paper Clempson should win, that's why the line at 5.5. Clempson looked methodical against KSU while we struggled to execute our offense at times. We're goin to have to play flawless football in order to win. AU 28 Clempson 27

52 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

35 - 9 Clemson. Don't have the coaching on the O to keep up. Not with Gus meddling.  

Ouch! What happened to Gus staying outta the way? ....

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Good question. 

So you don't think that Lindsey will open up the playbook for Clemson and we will look different?  So many of us were hoping that what we saw on Saturday was the plan...

Legit question - I know you're one to trust on these boards although I can't remember why. Lol. 

22 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

So you don't think that Lindsey will open up the playbook for Clemson and we will look different?  So many of us were hoping that what we saw on Saturday was the plan...

Legit question - I know you're one to trust on these boards although I can't remember why. Lol. 

Lindsey isn't the problem. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Why don't you tell us how you really feel? hahaha

Archived