Auburn vs. Clemson score prediction

AUwent

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Battle in the trenches is basically offset early in the game. 

Our new punter may cost us field position vs their new punter. 

I think their QB has more pressure to "replace Watson/win at home/continue the streak" and will throw the ball up for grabs a couple of times for INTs. 

Stidham is a better pure passer and I think will take what their D gives and won't force things.

But the biggest difference in the game is we have more depth on the DL. 

Auburn gets the ball back late and runs the clock out with a back-breaking drive.

AU 26 CU 20

AU 31 - Clemson 17

Clemson is going to stack the box on us early and force Stidham to make throws. I think he'll make plenty and KP will start gashing the Clemson defense. We'll put up 4 TDs and then Gus will go conservative again. :P

Well, folks, I have a bad omen for the game tomorrow. I'm staying at a buddy's place this weekend (he's a Clemson fan) and we're planning to watch the game together. Our dogs just met for the first time, mine in her Auburn collar, his in her Clemson collar. It did not end well for my dog. Clemson dog jumped her, unprovoked, and got a few good bites in. At the vet now getting her checked out.

So... If you believe in that sort of suspicious stuff... I'm looking for Clemson to dish out some cheap shots tomorrow and play dirty. We may see some bloodshed early. Just reading the tea leaves.

(For those concerned... My dog seems fine, by the way... Just needs to get some wounds cleaned up, maybe a couple stitches. I just thought this might provide a little comic relief.)

1 hour ago, looney said:

Well, folks, I have a bad omen for the game tomorrow. I'm staying at a buddy's place this weekend (he's a Clemson fan) and we're planning to watch the game together. Our dogs just met for the first time, mine in her Auburn collar, his in her Clemson collar. It did not end well for my dog. Clemson dog jumped her, unprovoked, and got a few good bites in. At the vet now getting her checked out.

So... If you believe in that sort of suspicious stuff... I'm looking for Clemson to dish out some cheap shots tomorrow and play dirty. We may see some bloodshed early. Just reading the tea leaves.

(For those concerned... My dog seems fine, by the way... Just needs to get some wounds cleaned up, maybe a couple stitches. I just thought this might provide a little comic relief.)

sue the SOB...........................

2 hours ago, looney said:

It did not end well for my dog. Clemson dog jumped her, unprovoked, and got a few good bites in.

There are very few bad dogs, but lots of bad dog owners.  Keep an eye on your friend.

Head says Clemson, heart says AU but I will be very disappointed if we lose this one.   CU isn't dropping back to 8-5 after winning the NC and losing its best QB ever and I'm just not sure about us with Gus.   Are we (and Gus) a contender or a pretender?    Gotta win this one to be in the conversation.  

6 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

Head says Clemson, heart says AU

Agree 100%. This team has so much talent and potential. I just don't think we're ready yet. I hope I'm wrong. And even if we do lose, I hope it's like a 2013 LSU game where it makes the team for the rest of the season!!!

Auburn's gonna walk right over Clemson. This is my prediction,  not....even....close.  I think Auburn's offense struggled against Ga Southern and scored 41 points without it's best RB. I feel like I'm listening to a bunch of Auburn fans who've already given up on the season after a 41-7 win. Come on! Our defense looked like it was playing against a middle school team. I haven't seen that kind of domination by our defense in a decade, regardless of the opponent! Clemson's rookie QB is going to be luck to make it out of the game with enough confidence to still play college ball. I'm grateful Auburn didn't come out and beat Ga. Southern 70-0 because I know the whole team has a chip on their shoulder now to show that they have what it takes to win today. Clemson's gonna get their head knocked off just for being there.

Auburn 42 Clemson 17  --------------------> BOOOM!

They have a Skinny qb. I worry for his safety. ???

2 minutes ago, WarTim said:

They have a Skinny qb. I worry for his safety. ???

Safety?

I like the sound of that too.

Let's get one of those!

On 9/5/2017 at 9:07 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don't think Gus cares or is listening to the PTB. 

IF Gus is fired  at the end of the season, do you see him writing "Tell All" like Terry  Bowden did? @WarDamnEagleWDE

14-6 Clemson. Not sure our O is ready for prime time yet !

LOL! I cracked myself up!

Archived