KJ injury update?

thaitopher

I'd imagine we won't use him unless he is 100% necessary. I don't really see a scenario where that would be the case anyway. If KP can't get it done against Clemson, I doubt KJ could come in and blow their socks off.

But maybe this means Iggy back with JDavis for kickoffs..:bananadance:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

I'd imagine we won't use him unless he is 100% necessary. I don't really see a scenario where that would be the case anyway. If KP can't get it done against Clemson, I doubt KJ could come in and blow their socks off.

But maybe this means Iggy back with JDavis for kickoffs..:bananadance:

I think where we are going to miss KJ is as a receiver in space out of the backfield. I think Chip can do some serious damage with KJ as a receiver. Bubba can do damage do but it would be a different type of damage as a receiver and I don't think it would be as explosive. JMO.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I think where we are going to miss KJ is as a receiver in space out of the backfield. I think Chip can do some serious damage with KJ as a receiver. Bubba can do damage do but it would be a different type of damage as a receiver and I don't think it would be as explosive. JMO.

Definitely. I think KJ has his strengths. I just don't think he's the difference in winning and losing in this particular game since KP seemingly matches up better. I think if we lose then we would've lost with him in the game and vice versa. You're right though, I don't really know who will be our receiving back if the game plan calls for one -- Barrett maybe?

I wouldn't mind seeing some playing action and Chuck it long on the first play from scrimmage. Give Clemson something to think about. If we can get them on the ropes let's land that hay-maker that makes them wish they were somewhere else.

5 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I wouldn't mind seeing some playing action and Chuck it long on the first play from scrimmage. Give Clemson something to think about. If we can get them on the ropes let's land that hay-maker that makes them wish they were somewhere else.

Can our OL on a full play action pass play versus Clemson's 1st string D Line though? I think it's going to have to be more of RPO pass plays which are quicker and can disguise the pass even by blocking scheme.

46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Can our OL on a full play action pass play versus Clemson's 1st string D Line though? I think it's going to have to be more of RPO pass plays which are quicker and can disguise the pass even by blocking scheme.

Thats my big worry about this game. If we have slow developing pass plays they'll eat us alive. 

I actually like our O-Line for this game.  Our two biggest weaknesses supposedly are Tega and Horton right?  Well, Horton was graded one of the best lineman in the SEC last week, and Tega did pretty well too.  The other three guys I trust so the o-line should do better than we think.

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I actually like our O-Line for this game.  Our two biggest weaknesses supposedly are Tega and Horton right?  Well, Horton was graded one of the best lineman in the SEC last week, and Tega did pretty well too.  The other three guys I trust so the o-line should do better than we think.

Plus they didn't look that bad last week. Most of that was on the QB

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

You trust James at RT after last week? I don't. If he starts slow he may be pulled for Braden & Bell come in at RG.

3 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Plus they didn't look that bad last week. Most of that was on the QB

Some on QB, not most. James was flat out beat a number of times.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Some on QB, not most. James was flat out beat a number of times.

Agreed. All of the expert analysis I've heard has focused on weaknesses at RT, with the QB issues being of far less concern.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

You trust James at RT after last week? I don't. If he starts slow he may be pulled for Braden & Bell come in at RG.

If that is our worst case, then I am also good with that.  Bell did very well in his protection last week.  He moves really well for his size.  And he has been in big games before.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

As many said, I don't think these two are our weakest.  DJ is by far the weakest OL we have right now.  I got on my soap box already about him in the OL thread.  Bottom line is that this OL is going to have a very tough day if they play like they did last week.  Or I guess really JS will have the tough day

32 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

As many said, I don't think these two are our weakest.  DJ is by far the weakest OL we have right now.  I got on my soap box already about him in the OL thread.  Bottom line is that this OL is going to have a very tough day if they play like they did last week.  Or I guess really JS will have the tough day

A lot of if's, both good and bad.  But James held up on the left last year when he needed to, which is a harder protection than RG.  I have faith he will get the job done.  If not, slide KP over for assistance.

have-faith-young-padawan.jpg

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

A lot of if's, both good and bad.  But James held up on the left last year when he needed to, which is a harder protection than RG.  I have faith he will get the job done.  If not, slide KP over for assistance.

yes he did step up at times last year but also got beat bad at times last year.  RT seems almost a demotion from LT and maybe that is in his head.  I don't know.  What I do know is that he got beat on so many plays last week that I was waiting on them to pull him.

Faith is easy... Fandom is hard...

45 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

KP may not even play....been walking around with a boot all week (according to posters on another board, who claim to be students). I'm praying that it's just a rumor. 

14 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

^Kp or kj in a walking boot?

Neither should be in a boot. Can't imagine some "student" would notice it and it would slip by every sports writer covering Auburn.

1 hour ago, AUHighPlainsDrifter said:

KP may not even play....been walking around with a boot all week (according to posters on another board, who claim to be students). I'm praying that it's just a rumor. 

39 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Neither should be in a boot. Can't imagine some "student" would notice it and it would slip by every sports writer covering Auburn.

KP was reportedly in a boot (precautionary), but no boot in the reverse Tiger Walk.

I saw KJ after the game on Saturday and he was limping pretty good but they didn't have him on crutches so that's a good sign, I guess. He looked pretty down though but I can imagine fighting off injury after injury is very draining on an athlete.

7 hours ago, AUHighPlainsDrifter said:

He's playing. You'd be surprised to know how many players walk around in boots for precautionary reasons throughout the season that play the immediate game.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

He's playing. You'd be surprised to know how many players walk around in boots for precautionary reasons throughout the season that play the immediate game.

Hope you are right and KJ is good to go and will play.

2 or 3 times a year a "student" says they saw "a player" walking around campus with a "boot" and nothing ever comes to fruition as far affecting game day.  

The first time I can remember one of these "reports", it was 2010. And the "boot player" was Cameron J Newton.  If I remember correctly the "cause" of the "injury" was a "Moped Accident". 

Its that time of year again folks. Lol!!!

Archived