Upon Further Review - GSU Game

StatTiger

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Really?  I totally don't remember that.  No surprise, however, I bet he was tired.

This is the exact play I was referencing earlier and as you stated, I can understand running from the same formation but giving the same guy the ball after its obvious he ran out of steam is something I dont understand. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StatTiger said:

41.7% of Jarrett Stidham's pass attempts were within 5-yards of the line of scrimmage. He was only 3 of 8 in passing beyond 10-yards of the LOS, but three of those attempts were dropped passes.

Another troublesome stat. Expect 8 in the box if we cant do a better job of stretching the field. 

Thanks Stat.  I agree with you 1000% on Kam Martin.  He has a gear and elusiveness that KJ doesn't.   I feel a couple of those 2 yards up the middle would have been different if he played earlier.  I get KJ tho, as you have to block to protect the QB plus I am concerned with Kam's size.  

17 hours ago, StatTiger said:
  •  
  • The defense was stellar Saturday, preventing the Eagles from converting a single 3rd down conversion. GSU went 0 for 15 on third down but an even more telling stat was the yardage gained on third down. Of their 15 third down situations, the Eagles needed to gain 132-yards combined to convert all 15 third down plays. They netted -14 yards on third down.

This stat is just stunning.

I knew we were watching an amazing defensive effort Saturday night at J-H, but I had no idea just how special it was, statistically speaking.

47 minutes ago, Indy said:

This stat is just stunning.

I knew we were watching an amazing defensive effort Saturday night at J-H, but I had no idea just how special it was, statistically speaking.

Almost like we were playing 2005 bama.

On 9/5/2017 at 6:11 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Another troublesome stat. Expect 8 in the box if we cant do a better job of stretching the field. 

If you listen to Gus's press conference on Tuesday, the lack of long balls was by design.

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

If you listen to Gus's press conference on Tuesday, the lack of long balls was by design.

Thanks! I missed the press conference. Still no clue why we would not at least show the long ball as a possibility. Give Clemson something to think about. I suppose it goes back to what some have stated about not showing your hand. Just not sure I agree with that tactic.

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

So, he doesn't throw long in the game to keep Clemson in the dark about our plan.  But, he then gives his plan away in a press conference saying we didn't throw long on purpose?  OK, he's way smarter than me if that works.

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Thanks! I missed the press conference. Still no clue why we would not at least show the long ball as a possibility. Give Clemson something to think about. I suppose it goes back to what some have stated about not showing your hand. Just not sure I agree with that tactic.

Well... we tried... incomplete.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

So, he doesn't throw long in the game to keep Clemson in the dark about our plan.  But, he then gives his plan away in a press conference saying we didn't throw long on purpose?  OK, he's way smarter than me if that works.

He didn't say it was to keep them in the dark, he said that we used different plane for different games and Nate Craig Meyers was less sctive by design, but will be very active in future game plans. You can interpret that however you feel like you should.

22 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

by design

Question for anyone.  What does GM mean when he says "by design"?  Because, I don't think that phrase means what he thinks it means.  Inconceivable I know.

11 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Question for anyone.  What does GM mean when he says "by design"?  Because, I don't think that phrase means what he thinks it means.  Inconceivable I know.

Note, I paraphrased. I wasn't watching the conference when I wrote that.

That being said, what I got from it is that there is a different plan for each team based on their strengths/weaknesses and what it will take to beat them. If we can beat a team on the ground, easily, you know we're going to because of the "three things that can happen when you pass".

Here's an interesting thought. One of the reasons that we limited long routes last weak may have bent to minimize the number of potential hits Stidham would have to take.