Pettway vs. Clemson

StuntMan06

8 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I think we would have beaten Kent State 76-3 if we had played them instead of GSU. If Kent State had played GSU, GSU wins 42-10 or worse. GSU is no doubt a better team than Kent State IMHO.

We all know Clemson is an excellent team to say the least.  I think Bubba runs for no less than 130 yards and up to 160.  You ask me why?  Why not boys? Why not!  We can make believers out of Dabbo and the rest of the country. We will not be the darlings Saturday night and will not be given all of the accolades Clemson will be given as we all know. We need to go into that game and play like Louisville did last year against FSU.

We make our own destiny, we make our own reality. We play mean and nasty, but fair and clean at the same time.  I think we will see an Auburn team much different than what we saw Saturday. By this, I mean a team focused willing to do what is necessary to come away with a big win and one that will make the rest of the country stand up and take notice.

My take is that we will have approx. 244 yards rushing with 215 through the air. A lot of you will say this is not possible. Most of you would say that having well over 500 yards offense and holding GSU to 78 yards of offense and come away thinking we played poorly. Folks, lets think positive. We can, and will kick Clemson out of their own stadium like the butt whipping they endured at the hands of FSU a few years ago. I think the score was something like 56-10 or thereabouts. Clemson had a stout team that year and Venables was the DC as well. Can we beat them 56-10? Who thought we would have beaten Arkansas 56-3 or whatever it was last season.

My gut says we win folks. Whatever the score is, really does not matter as long  as we do like I think we will. Yes, I feel great about a win in Clemson as should any Auburn fan. May Dabbo cry a river come late Saturday night!

Agree Doc....I think win and make look easy.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somethin's gotta give! Either Pettway eventually pumbles them or the defense over rides everything their offense does. Or both! They won't be able to handle us all night.

6 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

You must be projecting a loss. Pettway will have to have a pretty good day for us to have a chance. Most SEC Network guys have said our best chance is to pound Clemson with Pettway runs. Pettway is a truck. Lots of people don't want to tackle him later in games. 

I hate the words predicting a loss but even though it was Kent State, Clemson came out like a well oiled machine.  Our boys came out on offense and the timing was off on the motor.  The motor can be fixed but I'd hate to run it down the drag strip wide open without testing it first.  Bottom line is we should have ran our offense to it's full potential in a game time situation to KNOW what we have instead of thinking we know what we have.  Dabo came out and ran his team without caring what Gus saw.  It seems like every year we have these games where the fans think we just played vanilla on offense and they are quickly shown the next week that we were giving it everything we had.  I hope we were playing just to get by and we will unleash the beast against Clemson but past experience tells me we will not be as sharp as we hope.  I hope I'm wrong and will eat crow if that is the case.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

I think we would have beaten Kent State 76-3 if we had played them instead of GSU. If Kent State had played GSU, GSU wins 42-10 or worse. GSU is no doubt a better team than Kent State IMHO.

We all know Clemson is an excellent team to say the least.  I think Bubba runs for no less than 130 yards and up to 160.  You ask me why?  Why not boys? Why not!  We can make believers out of Dabbo and the rest of the country. We will not be the darlings Saturday night and will not be given all of the accolades Clemson will be given as we all know. We need to go into that game and play like Louisville did last year against FSU.

We make our own destiny, we make our own reality. We play mean and nasty, but fair and clean at the same time.  I think we will see an Auburn team much different than what we saw Saturday. By this, I mean a team focused willing to do what is necessary to come away with a big win and one that will make the rest of the country stand up and take notice.

My take is that we will have approx. 244 yards rushing with 215 through the air. A lot of you will say this is not possible. Most of you would say that having well over 500 yards offense and holding GSU to 78 yards of offense and come away thinking we played poorly. Folks, lets think positive. We can, and will kick Clemson out of their own stadium like the butt whipping they endured at the hands of FSU a few years ago. I think the score was something like 56-10 or thereabouts. Clemson had a stout team that year and Venables was the DC as well. Can we beat them 56-10? Who thought we would have beaten Arkansas 56-3 or whatever it was last season.

My gut says we win folks. Whatever the score is, really does not matter as long  as we do like I think we will. Yes, I feel great about a win in Clemson as should any Auburn fan. May Dabbo cry a river come late Saturday night!

I agreed doc! I believe this team has an attitude that we can beat anyone anywhere anytime! They have something that I haven't seen since 2010 , when it comes to confidence and heart and shear will to win! Especially our defense and that rubs off on our offense, especially with bubba and Davis back, and adding in JS second game confidence is going to be better after playing that first game to get the nerves out! I'm a believer! Also believe in gus and chip, and our placekicker will be ? this weekend!!!!! War Eagle ? 

Clemson was getting gashed by Bama until their RB got hurt.  I expect CCL has watched that game a few times in preparation and we try to do the same thing.  Bama lost because they got away from their game plan.  Also, Watson was unbelievably good. Glad he is gone. 

I hope we are able to move the chains on the ground early leading to a successful deep shot on the first drive for a score or leading to a TD to take the crowd out of it early. If we can keep the Clemson crowd from every truly getting into the game it will be a huge help and a successful deep shot will also keep the safeties from creeping up towards the LOS early in the game.

I am actually giddy about the possibilities if we get good OL play. A lot of KP's damage is done when he is able to get to the 2nd level and start running downhill and he starts to really punish LBs and the secondary. If our OL play is shoddy it will, like all RBs, severely diminish what he brings to the table (duh). A lot of KP's highlights are on runs where nobody even gets a hand on him until he's 7+ yards down field. We are going to need that type of blocking and make those Clemson DBs take a pounding and have to cover a dangerous passing attack to win this one IMO.

Yeah, I'm gonna say I'd rather not go with our 6th string RB. You'll see Martin, Miller, and/or Barrett before Tolbert.

I'm excited to see Pettway play against these guys though. It's strength (our interior OL + Pettway) on strength (their interior DL). That's always fun to see.

13 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Idk.. he had a good spring. We just need another physical runner like KP. Hopefully Malik is that guy. I always thought of Martin/Barrett as more speed guys but maybe I'm wrong 

From what all of the insiders are saying, he might not be there weight wise, yet, but Barrett is going to be an all around back. I doubt he'll ever be a bulldozer, but he's shown good vision and shiftiness to go with the ability to finish strong.

17 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Let's go Bubba!!!!!

Oh, man, this did my heart good. I have butterflies now. (PS - NSFW warning on the lyrics of the music playing in the background!)

Something that is overlook with KP is his cutting ability. He's so patient and can change direction in an instant. Very unusual for a converted H-back for sure. I don't care if you're the best defense in the country -- may the Force be with you if you're trying to stop him.

20 minutes ago, bryanlooney said:

Oh, man, this did my heart good. I have butterflies now. (PS - NSFW warning on the lyrics of the music playing in the background!)

Yes my bad should've warned y'all.

18 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I honestly think we're going to come out throwing early. I'm calling a play action deep bomb on the first drive. 

Wouldn't be shocking. 11 of our first 20 plays against Ga Southern were pass plays. So, we were better than 50/50 early in the game. The 20th play was the sack fumble. I think we got a little conservative for a bit after that because of the 2 turnovers in 3 plays. 

36 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Something that is overlook with KP is his cutting ability. He's so patient and can change direction in an instant. Very unusual for a converted H-back for sure. I don't care if you're the best defense in the country -- may the Force be with you if you're trying to stop him.

He truly is the whole package. How he wasn't the starting RB game 1 last year is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, StuntMan06 said:

He truly is the whole package. How he wasn't the starting RB game 1 last year is beyond me.

Most of game 1 last year is beyond me lol

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I still truly believe we could've won that game if he would've played 

Wouldn't have taken a whole lot more to win that game. KP would have been more than enough.

3 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I still truly believe we could've won that game if he would've played 

We probably could've won if he played, if Sean played the whole game, or if KJ's goal line catch had counted. If all 3 of those happen and Clemson still plays the same way then we would've smashed them and they might not have made the playoff.

1 hour ago, djg0017 said:

We probably could've won if he played, if Sean played the whole game, or if KJ's goal line catch had counted. If all 3 of those happen and Clemson still plays the same way then we would've smashed them and they might not have made the playoff.

Saturday is our chance at redemption.

Archived