Pettway vs. Clemson

StuntMan06

Rod just mentioned on pregame that KP will be ready to go but does have a sore heel that requires a little extra attention pregame. He won't be 100%, but hopefully the adrenaline will mask the pain to be productive. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Everyone wondering where this story came from- Chris Renkel from WIAT

what story?

I hope we can use Eli Stove in different roles tonight. He can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball. We may very well wind up having to use our true freshman RB in this game and likely however many games it takes KJ to get well and back in the game. Maybe, just maybe, Gus is holding out and giving the impression that KJ is out for the next few games, and surprises old Dabbo when he enters the game fit and fresh ready to do damage. This would make us all smile and enjoy the evening even better than it is going to be.

One thing men, when we following the game on this site, please post the score here and there.  I try to watch the game and this site at the same time, but sometimes lose track of the score of the game. This would be great to have on the game thread here and there.  Talking about injuries; I was teeing off on a par 3 hole of 165 yards and lost my balance causing me to injure a muscle in my rear end today. This hurts worse than I ever thought this kind of injury would. Old men like me have to be careful on the links!

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I hope we can use Eli Stove in different roles tonight. He can take it to the house anytime he touches the ball. We may very well wind up having to use our true freshman RB in this game and likely however many games it takes KJ to get well and back in the game. Maybe, just maybe, Gus is holding out and giving the impression that KJ is out for the next few games, and surprises old Dabbo when he enters the game fit and fresh ready to do damage. This would make us all smile and enjoy the evening even better than it is going to be.

One thing men, when we following the game on this site, please post the score here and there.  I try to watch the game and this site at the same time, but sometimes lose track of the score of the game. This would be great to have on the game thread here and there.  Talking about injuries; I was teeing off on a par 3 hole of 165 yards and lost my balance causing me to injure a muscle in my rear end today. This hurts worse than I ever thought this kind of injury would. Old men like me have to be careful on the links!

Careful Doc!

Let me give you my Grandfather's remedy for such things:

2 motrin and a beer.

Or was it, 2 beers and a motrin.

Either way a cold beer is helpful in most such situations.

Good luck and don't let it slow down the good vibes for our Tigers!

Gus's injury reports really give me heartburn. 

So what's the scoop now? Seems like at this time last weekend, we were finding out that we had key players suspended even though he had a perfect opportunity to say it earlier in the week when he also said  "everybody will get on the bus."

44 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I guess it's safe to say you have a real pain in the a$$

5 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I do

Cough, cough...Golf, cough

43 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Careful Doc!

Let me give you my Grandfather's remedy for such things:

2 motrin and a beer.

Or was it, 2 beers and a motrin.

Either way a cold beer is helpful in most such situations.

Good luck and don't let it slow down the good vibes for our Tigers!

Don't you know @doc4aday that you shouldn't mix pain relievers and alcohol. Forget the Motrin and just have a beer. :cheers:

3 hours ago, milehighfan said:

after this horrific display of offense, I will not sit down for a long time.  Gus should have suspended SW for next week's game and  have him for tonight. I am beginning to think JS is not the QB we thought.  He needs to get rid of the ball instead running around to no where except trouble in the arms of Clemson defenders. The game is not over as I write this note.

Finally over. Our defense is as good as Clemson and our offense is well......I hope a progress in work. We need to get SW back asap.  We never made the adjustments that a good coaching staff would have done. I am usually sunshine and really thought we would have gone there and won. That play that caused our player to be expelled from the game was a very bad call. The announcers were on that one from the get go. That call should have been overturned.

I am tired of playing Clemson and whoever keeps making these games needs to be demoted to cleaning the cleats and jerseys after every game for the next 5 seasons. I hope in a few weeks I will be back to the Doc with a lot sunshine. There are teams in the SEC with great defenses of which we are one of them. There are teams with great offenses in the SEC, and we are not one of them at the moment. We cannot win the west without at least an offense that can average 440 ypg.

I need to go to bed and ask the Good Lord for his forgiveness over my temper rant that will likely go on till the wee hours our the morning.  Get up and go to church and face all of my Clemson friends. The only thing I dislike to the max about Clemson is Dabbo.  I hope that Venables gets a HC job this season as well as Aranda at LSU and the OC Canada at LSU. Why can't we do the smart thing like LSU and play BYU for our early season big game. If Gus is still the HC next season, someone needs to make darn sure that he does not suspend any key players for the first few games and do this only with cupcake teams.

I feel like Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation when he goes on his rant after the Jelly of the month club gift!

11 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I feel like Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation when he goes on his rant after the Jelly of the month club gift!

Same here earlier in the game and the end.

I sit here watching the Oklahoma offense and am just amazed even more at how bad ours is 

Archived