Pettway vs. Clemson

StuntMan06

I believe we win this game because we divert from some tendencies in the first half and burry them in the second with a power run game and play action. Clemson hasn't handled big backs well in recent years but we have to be balanced. KP has 124 yards on 26 carries. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Let's remember,. Pettway has also lost some pounds,. So not sure he will be as bruising. 

Well you and clemson(if they are thinking that way) are in for a rude awakening.

Hey everyone. Clemson fan here. Not coming to talk smack but I wanted to point out a few things that may be overlooked. For starters I am really nervous about this game. I think y'all have a great looking team on both sides of the ball. I noticed quite a few of you point out how many rushing yards we gave up against Kent St. keep in mind we played 91 players combined on offense and defense. So many 2nd and 3rd string players saw many meaningful reps as I'm sure your backups did too. It's safe to assume had the starters played the entire game then those rushing numbers would be significantly less. I was disappointed they didn't attempt to pass. Hard to get sacks when they only pass 5 times and seemed to deliberately chew clock. They basically rolled over to get a paycheck. Really sad they didn't give us their best. So lots of unknowns still so don't read in too much to the stats. They really don't tell anything about our defense or offense for that matter. Looking forward to the game and for those of you going to the game safe travels and Go Tigers (Clemson that is ;) )

26 minutes ago, ClemsonFan4Life said:

Hey everyone. Clemson fan here. Not coming to talk smack but I wanted to point out a few things that may be overlooked. For starters I am really nervous about this game. I think y'all have a great looking team on both sides of the ball. I noticed quite a few of you point out how many rushing yards we gave up against Kent St. keep in mind we played 91 players combined on offense and defense. So many 2nd and 3rd string players so many meaningful reps as I'm sure your backups did too. It's safe to assume had the starters played the entire game then those rushing numbers would be significantly less. I was disappointed they didn't attempt to pass. Hard to get sacks when they only pass 5 times and seemed to deliberately chew clock. They basically rolled over to get a paycheck. Really sad they didn't give us their best. So lots of unknowns still so don't read in too much to the stats. They really don't tell anything about our defense or offense for that matter. Looking forward to the game and for those of you going to the game safe travels and Go Tigers (Clemson that is ;) )

War eagle and good luck! May the best Tiger come out on top. (P.S.- Glad y'all beat Bama)

6 hours ago, damabama said:

he better be in shape is all i know. malzahn will run him 30-40 times whether he's gaining any yards or not

No reason for him not to be in shape....a guy built to take some punishment...and to dish it out too.

8 hours ago, ClemsonFan4Life said:

Hey everyone. Clemson fan here. Not coming to talk smack but I wanted to point out a few things that may be overlooked. For starters I am really nervous about this game. I think y'all have a great looking team on both sides of the ball. I noticed quite a few of you point out how many rushing yards we gave up against Kent St. keep in mind we played 91 players combined on offense and defense. So many 2nd and 3rd string players saw many meaningful reps as I'm sure your backups did too. It's safe to assume had the starters played the entire game then those rushing numbers would be significantly less. I was disappointed they didn't attempt to pass. Hard to get sacks when they only pass 5 times and seemed to deliberately chew clock. They basically rolled over to get a paycheck. Really sad they didn't give us their best. So lots of unknowns still so don't read in too much to the stats. They really don't tell anything about our defense or offense for that matter. Looking forward to the game and for those of you going to the game safe travels and Go Tigers (Clemson that is ;) )

Yep..they just went through the motions...a waste of money by Clemson for a team that would not even make an honest effort. 

Perhaps Kent State did not throw much because they did not want to risk losing wide receivers to injury because they have so few...

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/ncaa-football/kent-state-tweets-out-ad-looking-for-walk-on-wrs-and-offensive-linemen/71871391/

Feel like Bubba will have a solid game against Clemson. Nothing crazy but feeling around 125 with two scores. Just  really depends on if we can soften their linebackers and secondary with the passing game. 

KP, like all big backs, needs room to get going.    Great defenses don't just allow that to happen, you have to force the issue by having an effective passing game and having the O-line man-up and push people around.   Basically it comes down to who's tougher and smarter.     KP will be rested and ready I think....it will be interesting to see if the O-Line and coaching staff are as well.

11 hours ago, ClemsonFan4Life said:

Thanks for the insight. Looking forward to a good game. Anything you recommend seeing/doing Saturday for traveling fans?

Just now, ellitor said:

You may be right but I don't remember that.

I am... I double checked just to make sure before I posted it. They replaced him with Kerryon in the 2nd half where he racked up 93 yards. That tells me that, if Kam was able to stay in, he would have probably added 130-150 yards in the second half, since he consistently outperforms Kerryon. 

11 hours ago, ClemsonFan4Life said:

Both Auburn or Clemson didn't really get tested. A lot of questions and unknowns for both of us. Hoping for a great game, and sorry, but a victory for the good guys! 

If we lose this game because we are clearly outmatched, I can live with that. If we lose because we fail to execute on a couple plays but otherwise play a solid game, I can live with that. It's still early in the season on the road against the defending champs. If we lose to Clemson again because of poor play calling, my blood is going to boil.

16 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I am... I double checked just to make sure before I posted it. They replaced him with Kerryon in the 2nd half where he racked up 93 yards. That tells me that, if Kam was able to stay in, he would have probably added 130-150 yards in the second half, since he consistently outperforms Kerryon. 

Kam had 2 carries for 5 yards in 3rd quarter.  Don't know how many snaps he played, but he may have been dinged up or GM may have decided KJ was a better option.

2 hours ago, Newbomb said:

Perhaps Kent State did not throw much because they did not want to risk losing wide receivers to injury because they have so few...

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/ncaa-football/kent-state-tweets-out-ad-looking-for-walk-on-wrs-and-offensive-linemen/71871391/

or they didn't want to show their hand to Howard?

1 hour ago, 1auburn1 said:

KP, like all big backs, needs room to get going.    Great defenses don't just allow that to happen, you have to force the issue by having an effective passing game and having the O-line man-up and push people around.   Basically it comes down to who's tougher and smarter.     KP will be rested and ready I think....it will be interesting to see if the O-Line and coaching staff are as well.

Yep. That's why those big backs do so well at bama. They frequently breeze through gaping holes and get to the 2nd level with a lot of velocity. And that's a big reason why KP has so much success last season. Not saying he's not our best back, but even he's not going to break many tackles at the LOS against quality DLs. (Linebackers, though... y'all stay safe out there when we come to town.)

Games like this are why we needed, and got, Stidham. To make good teams pay for selling out to stop our run game.

KP needs Stidham and WRs to play well for him to play well. This is going to be a huge game for our young WR unit. We can't afford to have careless drops kill drives. On the road. At night. VS a top 3 team that is also the defending national champs. We need to make plays when the opportunities present themselves.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Kam had 2 carries for 5 yards in 3rd quarter.  Don't know how many snaps he played, but he may have been dinged up or GM may have decided KJ was a better option.

Per the article I read yesterday, he was hurt in the second quarter. He tried to go in the third, but realized it wasn't happening, so they sat him and brought in Kerryon.

2 hours ago, StuntMan06 said:

Thanks for the insight. Looking forward to a good game. Anything you recommend seeing/doing Saturday for traveling fans?

Definitely the Smoking Pig in Pendleton and the Esso Club in Clemson. Those are the main attractions for visiting fans and for good reason. Great food at the Pig and great atmosphere at the Esso. 

Archived