Rush Limbaugh claims Hurricane Irma is part of a vast conspiracy

homersapien

“Here comes a hurricane, local media goes on the air, ‘Big hurricane coming, oh, my God! Make sure you got batteries. Make sure you got water. It could be the worst ever. Have you seen the size of this baby? It’s already a Cat 5. Oh, my God, oh, my God, it’s bigger than the island of Haiti. Oh, my God.’ People run to the stores, they stock up everything, and they hoard. And they end up with vacant stores, nothing there. And it’s a big success. TV stations got eyeballs, the advertising businesses have sold out of business, gotta restock and the cycle repeats.”

In a transcript of his Tuesday radio show, Limbaugh repeatedly complained about the stores in Palm Beach ― where he lives and broadcasts from ― being out of water despite the uncertainty of the storm’s path. 

Limbaugh also claimed the storm was being used to push an environmental agenda. He said, “People in all of these government areas” are “hell-bent” on proving climate change.

“You can accomplish a lot just by creating fear and panic,” he said. “You don’t need a hurricane to hit anywhere. All you need is to create the fear and panic accompanied by talk that climate change is causing hurricanes to become more frequent and bigger and more dangerous, and you create the panic, and it’s mission accomplished, agenda advanced.”

Even Hurricane Harvey, which devastated portions of the Gulf Coast of Texas, was part of this conspiracy. 

“Hurricane Harvey and the TV pictures that accompany that go a long way to helping further and create the panic,” Limbaugh said. 

After spending the entire segment politicizing storm preparations and coverage, Limbaugh lamented how political everything has become. 

“I wish that not everything that involved news had become corrupted and politicized, but it just has,” he said. 

Limbaugh made similar comments about hurricanes last year, claiming the storms were being used to push a political agenda. 

“It’s in the interest of the left to have destructive hurricanes because then they can blame it on climate change, which they can desperately continue trying to sell,” he said in October 2016. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just trying to understand what the hell this boob thinks they should be doing regarding Irma?  I mean, 95% of the forecasts have it plowing right up through Florida.  The rest have it spinning into the Gulf and hitting another state or running up the East Coast.  The hurricane is, as a plain matter of fact, an extremely powerful Cat 5 right now, a high Cat 4 by the time it hits the US mainland.  That's not agenda driven, it's just basic meteorology.

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yep,  Rush is it right. Got to politicize the thing

Earlier this year, he found in a paper in the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society that climate change will make this kind of rapid intensification more likely. “There’s a lot more cases of rapid intensification [in a warmed climate], and that includes the accident of it rapidly intensifying just before it makes landfall,” he said.

20 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

The worst about this is that some morons will take his word as gospel and get themselves killed because they didn't stock up or evacuate.

These folks use the "Spiderman is behind this!" level of logic. 

I actually heard him say this on the radio..(granted maybe just a few minutes of it).  Personally I did not pick up that he was trying to make the actual threat and seriousness of these storms a conspiracy. I picked up that he was trying to explain how there's an agenda to use these storms as proof of man made climate change.  At least that's the context I picked up with out hearing the beginning or the end of it. 

19 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Wonder if Golf panicked?...........ran out and bought up all the PBR in Palm Beach.

Me panicked...................I'm always prepared. Live in Winter Park, Fl now use to live in West Palm Beach.....I have seen Rush house now bad right on the beach.

image.jpeg

13 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Yep,  Rush is it right. Got to politicize the thing

Earlier this year, he found in a paper in the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society that climate change will make this kind of rapid intensification more likely. “There’s a lot more cases of rapid intensification [in a warmed climate], and that includes the accident of it rapidly intensifying just before it makes landfall,” he said.

Honest question.  How is this link politicizing strengthening hurricanes?  This is an academically researched paper from scientists.

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Honest question.  How is this link politicizing strengthening hurricanes?  This is an academically researched paper from scientists.

Honest answer Brad......I asked myself that very same question after posting last night.

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Honest answer Brad......I asked myself that very same question after posting last night.

Fair enough.  My point basically comes down to Rush being the one to throw politics into this.  No one else has come out and said anything other than "get ready for this hurricane and be safe".  But of course, that's Rush and it's what he does.

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Me panicked...................I'm always prepared. Live in Winter Park, Fl now use to live in West Palm Beach.....I have seen Rush house now bad right on the beach.

image.jpeg

So Rush is sucking off the government tit?

Figures.     

On 9/7/2017 at 11:01 AM, Brad_ATX said:

Because he - and a few others - are so invested in the 'AGW as hoax' paradigm.  After all, such denial is already founded on a complete dismissal of the science.

Ergo, Irma becomes a simple political device perpetuated by the scientific community.

Insane?  You betcha.   :ucrazy:

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Because he - and a few others - are so invested in the AGW as hoax paradigm.  After all, such denial is already founded on a complete dismissal of the science.

Ergo, Irma becomes a simple political device perpetuated by the scientific community.

Insane?  You betcha.   :ucrazy:

Well brother Homer, today Rush said that he did not say what he said. Also said that internet talk like this thread is put out by "irrational people".  Guess that would mean you.^-^

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Well brother Homer, today Rush said that he did not say what he said. Also said that internet talk like this thread is put out by "irrational people".  Guess that would mean you.^-^

Wait, so the quotes that he literally said (and are on tape) are not actually what he said?  Huh.  I'll be damned.

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Wait, so the quotes that he literally said (and are on tape) are not actually what he said?  Huh.  I'll be damned.

Yep, that is not what he actually said Brad. You know us morons..........gotta stand by Rush.

18 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Yep, that is not what he actually said Brad. You know us morons..........gotta stand by Rush.

Except it is EXACTLY what he said.  From his own website transcript:

"Here comes a hurricane, local media goes on the air, “Big hurricane coming, oh, my God! Make sure you got batteries. Make sure you got water. It could be the worst ever. Have you seen the size of this baby? It’s already a Cat 5. Oh, my God, oh, my God, it’s bigger than the island of Haiti. Oh, my God.” People run to the stores, they stock up everything, and they hoard. And they end up with vacant stores, nothing there. And it’s a big success. TV stations got eyeballs, the advertising businesses have sold out of business, gotta restock, and the cycle repeats."

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/09/05/my-analysis-of-the-hurricane-irma-panic/

:blink:

Rush Limbaugh spent the first part of this week acting as a Hurricane Irma truther, but now it seems he’s taking cover. 

On Thursday, the conservative radio host announced on his show that he’d be evacuating South Florida, where he lives, and would be off the air for the next couple of days. This comes mere days after he lambasted media stations for their coverage and storm preparers for battening down their hatches. 

“May as well announce this: I’m not going to get into details because of the security nature of things, but it turns out that we will not be able to do the program here tomorrow,” Limbaugh said on his Thursday broadcast.

“We’ll be on the air next week, folks, from parts unknown... Tomorrow will be problematic. Legally impossible for us to originate the program out of here.”

Limbaugh has long been hell-bent on saying hurricanes and storms like it are part of a liberal conspiracy solely aimed at furthering the discussion on climate change, but his claims about Irma in his Tuesday broadcast sent many over the edge.....  

Full article at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rush-limbaugh-says-hurricane-irma-is-conspiracy-evacuates-anyway_us_59b29c31e4b0354e44115aa8?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

I bet he "evacuated" in a private jet too.  ;D

21 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Rush Limbaugh spent the first part of this week acting as a Hurricane Irma truther, but now it seems he’s taking cover. 

On Thursday, the conservative radio host announced on his show that he’d be evacuating South Florida, where he lives, and would be off the air for the next couple of days. This comes mere days after he lambasted media stations for their coverage and storm preparers for battening down their hatches. 

“May as well announce this: I’m not going to get into details because of the security nature of things, but it turns out that we will not be able to do the program here tomorrow,” Limbaugh said on his Thursday broadcast.

“We’ll be on the air next week, folks, from parts unknown... Tomorrow will be problematic. Legally impossible for us to originate the program out of here.”

Limbaugh has long been hell-bent on saying hurricanes and storms like it are part of a liberal conspiracy solely aimed at furthering the discussion on climate change, but his claims about Irma in his Tuesday broadcast sent many over the edge.....  

Full article at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rush-limbaugh-says-hurricane-irma-is-conspiracy-evacuates-anyway_us_59b29c31e4b0354e44115aa8?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

I bet he "evacuated" in a private jet too.  ;D

Yep, Mark Stein filling in for Rush today. Hate it when I can't get my noon Rush fix. Guess I will go fishing.

Always love it when people quote Rush without actually listening to him or the context....kind of like non-Christians telling me  what I believe.  

Heard him miss-quoted or quoted totally out of context a half dozen times yesterday by various network talking heads.....that's the great conspiracy in my view.

Archived