Null

Sign in to follow this  
aujeff11

All Things NFL Thread

aujeff11    1,160

The NFL season is finally here so let's talk NFL. Game threads, favorite players/ teams, matchups,  fantasy, smacktalk, etc. I'm a Panthers fan (since the Stephen Davis days) and my favorite player is Cam Newton. 

To start the thread off, just yesterday morning on the radio somebody said this year's Pats team was going to be stronger than the Pats team that almost finished undefeated a few years ago.  So what does Alex Smith and the Chiefs do to them week one? They disrespect and embarrass the Pats on their own turf. So take the L, Pats and anonymous radio guy on the zone. 

Edited by aujeff11

aujeff11    1,160

Stefon Diggs is doing work. I wish we could've gotten him way back when.

Dalvin Cook is running hard as well. Sam Bradford played like a baseball hitter on a ten game hitting streak seeing beach balls for fastballs.

I guess the 'aints are going to suck at D again.

Edited by aujeff11

aujeff11    1,160

I feel bad for Adrian Peterson now; he had a bad, humbling night. He was barely used all game ( 18 yards) and he threw a fit with Sean Payton for not putting him in(The aints have AP, Ingram, and Kamara...and Kamara is starting to eat the carries.)

And then last regular play of the day, Dalvin Cook breaks AP's Viking rookie record on a long run. 

DONT DISRESPECKT THE MAN LIKE THAT!

Edited by aujeff11

AU64    1,958
16 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I feel bad for Adrian Peterson now; he had a bad, humbling night. He was barely used all game ( 18 yards) and he threw a fit with Sean Payton for not putting him in(The aints have AP, Ingram, and Kamara...and Kamara is starting to eat the carries.)

And then last regular play of the day, Dalvin Cook breaks AP's Viking rookie record on a long run. 

DONT DISRESPECKT THE MAN LIKE THAT!

Yep....kind of interesting ....Payton just ignored him and continued walking.......so how long can AP get away with that?   I'm guessing not long. Also guess AP is paying for enough "love children" that he can't afford to quit....

Edited by AU64

Very surprised last night by the Vikes, the OLine did work and give Bradford time to actually make a read/throw the ball and made the Saints pay.  D Cook looked like he's the real deal too.  They continue this and they could be a force in NFC with the D they have.

aujeff11    1,160

Jay Prosch has been getting a lot of love for his blocks in the second half. The announcers are even pointing out that the linebackers are so scared of getting manhandled by Prosch that they'll go ahead and take themselves out of the play and go for for Prosch's knees. 

Bigbens42    1,340
1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Jay Prosch has been getting a lot of love for his blocks in the second half. The announcers are even pointing out that the linebackers are so scared of getting manhandled by Prosch that they'll go ahead and take themselves out of the play and go for for Prosch's knees. 

He is a damn fine fullback. His name really should come up more often when discussing our success in 13.

• Love 1

aujeff11    1,160

An interesting two play sequence for the Browns, an incompletion to Sammie Coates and then the next play, Shon Coleman gets called for a hold on a play where Ricardo Louis drops a pass. War Damn Doo Doo Browns?

Ricardo Louis is matched up against Marlon Humphrey too. 

There needs to be more NFL fans on the board. 

Edited by aujeff11

aujeff11    1,160
9 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Who knew Blake Countess made an NFL roster?

Me.

I watched minutes ago him run into a crowd and help allow a 61 yard TD run too.

Edited by aujeff11

jared52    1,013
1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Me.

I watched minutes ago him run into a crowd and help allow a 61 yard TD run too.

Which is what prompted my post. :D

he just picked the wrong way to go. 

• Like 1

aujeff11    1,160
20 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Which is what prompted my post. :D

he just picked the wrong way to go. 

I'm guessing you were waiting for the lightning delay to end too.

• Like 1

aujeff11    1,160

Cody Parkey hit a 54 yard game winning FG for the Dolphins with about 1:05 left in the game.

• Like 2

aufan57    493
27 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Cody Parkey hit a 54 yard game winning FG for the Dolphins with about 1:05 left in the game.

Cody still looks like a teenager.

'The long kick was Parkey’s fourth field goal of the game. He also hit from 3k, 28 and 35 yards. The final kick turned out to be the game-winner as Chargers kicker Younghoe Koo missed a 44-yard field goal wide right with six seconds left ."

What a leg, 3k yards! Hit that one from Palm Springs.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/game-replay-dolphins-cody-parkey-wins-game-yard-field-goal/AwzAxLV9G1Qfgn0B84yA9M/

Edited by aufan57

aujeff11    1,160
24 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

What a leg, 3k yards! Hit that one from Palm Springs.

😂 

Bigbens42    1,340
1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I'm glad Cody got it back together mentally after washing out of Philly and Cleveland. 

augolf1716    3,087
On 9/17/2017 at 4:18 PM, aujeff11 said:

An interesting two play sequence for the Browns, an incompletion to Sammie Coates and then the next play, Shon Coleman gets called for a hold on a play where Ricardo Louis drops a pass. War Damn Doo Doo Browns?

Ricardo Louis is matched up against Marlon Humphrey too. 

There needs to be more NFL fans on the board. 

Browns are just a doomed team feel bad for anyone who plays for them as well as there fans and this is coming from a Steelers fan

• Love 1

augolf1716    3,087
22 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

I'm glad Cody got it back together mentally after washing out of Philly and Cleveland. 

If I remember correctly Cody did not wash out at Philly he actually set a record his first year and then got some type of injury. As for the Browns well anyone who plays for the Browns will be a wash out. Could be wrong 

• Haha 1

aujeff11    1,160
44 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Browns are just a doomed team feel bad for anyone who plays for them as well as there fans and this is coming from a Steelers fan

Can't blame it on Cleveland either. Their basketball team just recently won a championship two years ago and their baseball team is the hottest team in baseball and went to the WS last year. 

Edited by aujeff11

augolf1716    3,087
2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Can't blame it on either Cleveland either. Their basketball team just recently won a championship two years ago and their baseball team is the hottest team in baseball and went to the WS last year. 

true  poor browns

aujeff11    1,160

Greg Robinson is getting worked now for the Lions. Been called for some penalties and is allowing a lot of pressure at LT.

aufan57    493
2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

If I remember correctly Cody did not wash out at Philly he actually set a record his first year and then got some type of injury. As for the Browns well anyone who plays for the Browns will be a wash out. Could be wrong 

Browns drafted Zane Gonzales from Arizona State, 2016 Groza Award Winner.

aufan57    493
Just now, aujeff11 said:

Greg Robinson is getting worked now for the Lions. Been called for some penalties and is allowing a lot of pressure at LT.

Heard Gruden say the Lions have issues at Left Tackle. Robinson would probably work out better at guard.

aujeff11    1,160
1 hour ago, aufan57 said:

Heard Gruden say the Lions have issues at Left Tackle. Robinson would probably work out better at guard.

Yep. Eric Flowers, the Giants LT is playing just as bad. Maybe there just isn't enough elite blindside LT's to protect all of these  DL specimens. 

A link to show how bad it's been:

https://mobile.twitter.com/guga31bb/status/909968929765945348/video/1

Edited by aujeff11

AU64    1,958

Right now I mostly just watch to see how many of the idiots will take a knee during the National Anthem and then I head for a baseball game. .

Sorry Jeff but about the only good reason to watch an NFL game ....any NFL game...... is to see Cam play..  And unfortunately, the Panthers seem to be in the process of wrecking his career by making him just another ordinary drop back passer with no OL.    When he's gone, my NFL watching hours will fall off dramatically.    

Nice to see the Auburn names on the rosters but I'm not going to spend an afternoon hoping to see if one of our former DBs actually breaks up a pass..... or hoping that Sammy will catch a pass. . :gofig: