Null



aujeff11

All Things NFL Thread

Recommended Posts

Yes

10 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

 

What I wonder is if SF picked up Garopollo thinking the QBs in the draft weren’t up to par.

Yes.....and to their good fortune they did not fall to the pressure to bring Kaepernick back.    Just looking at the "top" QBs in the draft this year I wonder if any of them will make it as a starter in the NFL in the near future....even at Cleveland if the Browns can convince one of them to sign with them.  Some of those first round draft picks looked pretty questionable in the bowl games.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Darnold and Rosen have the size and potential to be really good QBs in the NFL but I think they need a situation where they can “redshirt”. Of course there is always the possibility of a small school QB being out there that will be a good one ie Romo, Jimmy G etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a side note, I saw a mock draft with Carlton going in the first round to the Falcons at #23, KJ second round to the Raiders (Yay!) and being the third rb taken, Braden in the third round to the Cowboys (double Yay!), and Holland going in the fifth round. I didn’t see a mock draft with Stidham being picked. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

On a side note, I saw a mock draft with Carlton going in the first round to the Falcons at #23, KJ second round to the Raiders (Yay!) and being the third rb taken, Braden in the third round to the Cowboys (double Yay!), and Holland going in the fifth round. I didn’t see a mock draft with Stidham being picked. 

If Holland is projected to he fifth round, I think he should come back. If KJ leaves for the draft after playing today despite all his his recent injuries, I would gladly buy him a beer for the rest of his life. He has had health issues the past couple months and he’s the one guy that probably would’ve benefited from not playing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yes

Yes.....and to their good fortune they did not fall to the pressure to bring Kaepernick back.    Just looking at the "top" QBs in the draft this year I wonder if any of them will make it as a starter in the NFL in the near future....even at Cleveland if the Browns can convince one of them to sign with them.  Some of those first round draft picks looked pretty questionable in the bowl games.   

I think Baker has the best shot even with his height. The Allen guy from Wyoming may be okay. I haven’t seen but maybe a quarter of his bowl game and that sample size wasn’t that impressive to me. Teams are hoping he’s the next Carson Wentz I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I think Baker has the best shot even with his height. The Allen guy from Wyoming may be okay. I haven’t seen but maybe a quarter of his bowl game and that sample size wasn’t that impressive to me. Teams are hoping he’s the next Carson Wentz I guess. 

The mock draft I was looking at had Mayfield to the Jets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I think Baker has the best shot even with his height. The Allen guy from Wyoming may be okay. I haven’t seen but maybe a quarter of his bowl game and that sample size wasn’t that impressive to me. Teams are hoping he’s the next Carson Wentz I guess. 

Mayfield would have to be at the right team.......maybe as backup to Brees :)   but the California guys did not help themselves and the WSU and Wash  guys did not help themselves either.  Funny that the Pac 12 seemed to have 4 if you listen to the experts and the teams are so bad....is there some relationship there? 

The problem I see is that a team drafting a QB in the first two rounds is putting out so much money in salary and bonus they almost have to get a guy who can contribute right away...and I don't see anyone who meets that standard....not even close.   JMO :dunno:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aubearcat said:

The mock draft I was looking at had Mayfield to the Jets. 

That could work. The NY tabloids would love him.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That could work. The NY tabloids would love him.

He probably needs a place like Charlotte or Indianapolis where there is no possible way for him to get into trouble .... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

He probably needs a place like Charlotte or Indianapolis where there is no possible way for him to get into trouble .... 

Denver could be a good spot for him as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aujeff11 said:

Denver could be a good spot for him as well.

legal MJ?   boy I don't know about that?  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

legal MJ?   boy I don't know about that?  

If Elway can straighten him out, his situation  becomes elite. Usually has a great defense backing him up, and usually has weapons around him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With his mobility and arm strength, with the right system and coaching, Russell Wilson part II. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Panthers have fired Shula

 

Edited by AUDub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Panthers have fired Shula

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

 

Woo!!!!!!!

 

And it seems like they’re finally focused on getting some talent to Charlotte to help Cam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Tony Romo is such a great announcer.

The Pats have got the RB screen going tonight and Brady is padding his stats. 

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

 

Tony Romo is such a great announcer.

The Pats have got the RB screen going tonight and Brady is padding his stats. 

 

Proud Romosexual fan over here!!!! lol So glad he will get to finally go to a super bowl next year. He is a dang fine announcer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Proud Romosexual fan over here!!!

He just gets so excited over formations and taking about the pre snap reads. And he literally gets excited! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He just gets so excited over formations and taking about the pre snap reads. And he literally gets excited! 

haha it is hilarious but very refreshing, very different from most boring analysts! We may be losing chucky but we still got romo when it comes to over enthusiastic announcers! WOOOOOO!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

haha it is hilarious but very refreshing, very different from most boring analysts! We may be losing chucky but we still got romo when it comes to over enthusiastic announcers! WOOOOOO!!!!

“What are they doing!” Lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Titans got hosed by the refs about three times that half and they won’t win the game. The NFC is down imo. Saints are the only team with a legit shot. I’m not sold on Minnesota’s offense and their defense will bend too much against the refs and their darlings Brady and Gronk. Pats will be the Super Bowl winners this year. Book it. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Titans got hosed by the refs about three times that half and they won’t win the game. The NFC is down imo. Saints are the only team with a legit shot. I’m not sold on Minnesota’s offense and their defense will bend too much against the refs and their darlings Brady and Gronk. Pats will be the Super Bowl winners this year. Book it. 

I hate the play that decided home field for the pats................ They have the same kind of bama luck in big games..............

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hate the play that decided home field for the pats................ They have the same kind of bama luck in big games..............

They are the luckiest team every year. Like just this game, the Pats deep snapper moves his head and his ass causing the Titan player to jump offsides. The refs initially and correctly called it a false start, and then changes it to an offsides penalty. Just like Bama. 

Edited by aujeff11
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now