NFL Thread

aujeff11

Wasn't over until it was over.....one of the Pats came close to catching that Hail Mary.....I'm not an NFL fan but that was quite a game... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Wasn't over until it was over.....one of the Pats came close to catching that Hail Mary.....I'm not an NFL fan but that was quite a game... 

Helluva game. For real though, the refs could’ve easily called PI on that Hail Mary as Gronk was straight molested at the goal line and it would’ve been a spot of the foul penalty and play extended. America would’ve been pissed. ;D

Edited by aujeff11

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Worst sports year ever. Freaking hate the eagles

I don’t like them but hate New England more. I felt the same way about this game as I did the Georgia Alabama game. Hate em both.

• Like 1

Just now, BJCrawford said:

I don’t like them but hate New England more. I felt the same way about this game as I did the Georgia Alabama game. Hate em both.

I was pulling for the Pats like hell. Greatest player of all time Tom Brady. Hope he makes it back. 

Just now, Randman5000 said:

I was pulling for the Pats like hell. Greatest player of all time Tom Brady. Hope he makes it back. 

I certainly can’t argue that! I thought right to the end that he would get them down the field.

Foles did everything right tonight. Reminds me of the Steven Garcia performance against Bama. What happens with him? Goes back to being a backup? Another team offers him a king’s ransom?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I certainly can’t argue that! I thought right to the end that he would get them down the field.

Nah. Before the fumble I did. With only a minute left and after Belichick called such a dumb ST return and no TO’s, I knew winning was no longer in the cards save for a desperation Hail Mary or spot of the foul Hail Mary.

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Foles did everything right tonight. Reminds me of the Steven Garcia performance against Bama. What happens with him? Goes back to being a backup? Another team offers him a king’s ransom?

the killer thing is that he's the first backup to win since Brady! How bout that!

• Love 1

1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

Did I just hear Pederson was a high school coach 8 years ago??? Wow didn’t know that! 

For real. 

Just now, WFE12 said:

the killer thing is that he's the first backup to win since Brady! How bout that!

wow 

44 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Announcers are O for 2 on stuff like that today....and clearly wrong both times.....wonder why? 

They didn't want to let go of their dreams of taking turns fellating Tom Brady in congrats for a great comeback win any sooner than they had to would be my guess. ;)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

If I'm in the Eagles front office I do my best to hang onto Foles unless and until I am sure of what happens with Carson Wentz's return from what turned out to be a pretty danged severe injury.

15 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

If I'm in the Eagles front office I do my best to hang onto Foles unless and until I am sure of what happens with Carson Wentz's return from what turned out to be a pretty danged severe injury.

It’s certainly interesting. Can be an awkward situation too. Wentz was considered a MVP candidate by many before he was injured. And then there is Foles the SB MVP. Maybe a QB controversy brewing.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 2

Another storyline that needs unraveling is Malcolm Butler. He got zero defensive snaps tonight and was crying during the anthem. He obviously could’ve helped that pathetic Patriot defense at least some.

37 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It’s certainly interesting. Can be an awkward situation too. Wentz was considered a MVP candidate by many before he was injured. And then there is Foles the SB MVP. Maybe a QB controversy brewing.

Maybe it's the system? :laugh:

13 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Another storyline that needs unraveling is Malcolm Butler. He got zero defensive snaps tonight and was crying during the anthem. He obviously could’ve helped that pathetic Patriot defense at least some.

Imo that's what cost them, not having a good defense. It cost them finally. Their defense was susceptible all year. They needed a decent performance and didn't show up.  Their defense was swiss cheese. Belichek will have his work cut out for him in the off season

Edited by Randman5000

Dougie P is the got damn real deal. Good googa mooga we just witnessed the best coaching performance throughout the whole playoffs I have ever seen. It is not a situation where the defense carried the backup qb. NO SIR! This team won BECAUSE of foles and the offense. The NFC title game and Super Bowl Dougie P and foles put on a clinic. Dougie P is everything gus is not. Aggressive! Fearless!!! Pushes the envelope and goes for the jugular. I LOVE IT! Can we trade?! Give 50 million to THIS former high school coach! lol. Wentz was the mvp front runner before he got hurt. Trade foles to the highest bidder. His value will never be higher. Try to con the browns in to giving up 1 of their first round picks. They are the worst organization in sports history. They may be dumb enough to do it At least try.

• Like 1

Foles had a great game... Have not followed the Eagles this year....probably first game that I have seen but from discussion during the game, sounds like when Foles started playing several games ago, looked like  the Eagles had gone back to some of the Chip Kelly stuff...RPO  which was what Foles ran when he was there previously.  If that's the case,  the Pats did not look prepared for it 'cause Eagles had receivers open much of the evening....for little darts or swings. Nicely called game by the Eagles OC and the HC played to win on those 4th down plays......rather than playing not to lose...and fortunately did not try to put the game on the defense. 

As for the aggressive play calling....I'm guessing that every HC in the NFL would have kicked in those situations...guarantee Rivera would have and most would have punted late in the 4th quarter in hopes of getting the ball back.  First time in a while I've seen an NFL coach put his neck on the line by doing something unconventional.   Paid dividends for the Eagles...and did not blow up in their faces. .

Edited by AU64
  • Like 1