NFL Thread

aujeff11

14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Mayfield, maybe. I’m not sold on Allen, Rosen and Darnold.

I think that was today's ranking..

And more interesting to me was the comment by one "expert" that Lamar Jackson...who is not apparently on any of the lists... has not been taught many of the necessary QB skills needed for the NFL.   Has numerous major flaws in throwing style,...and does not have a personal coach or an agent at this point..    Wondering if he's already decided he will have to change positions?   

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Gotcha. 

Most of the time, it’s also not the latest announcement. 

Such as this one which Tyler has pinned:

well then I got nothing for ya as Probst would say!!! haha

On 2/28/2018 at 8:04 PM, AU64 said:

I think that was today's ranking..

And more interesting to me was the comment by one "expert" that Lamar Jackson...who is not apparently on any of the lists... has not been taught many of the necessary QB skills needed for the NFL.   Has numerous major flaws in throwing style,...and does not have a personal coach or an agent at this point..    Wondering if he's already decided he will have to change positions?   

Hot Take of the day:

I actually think Lamar is a pretty good QB and will make a team as QB. Would be smart to not show his WR skills (Or lack of) at the NFL Combine imo. Let scouts ignorantly assume he’s still worth a WR spot if all else failed even though he probably hasn’t played the position since his younger years of HS. 

Edited by aujeff11

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Hot Take of the day:

I actually think Lamar is a pretty good QB and will make a team as QB. Would be smart to not show his WR skills (Or lack of) at the NFL Combine imo. Let scouts ignorantly assume he’s still worth a WR spot if all else failed even though he probably hasn’t played the position since his younger years of HS. 

That seemed to be the general view though folks who were discussing him did not rate his QB skills very high in terms of NFL play and still have him down the list a ways.  As noted...his WR skills, if any, are unknown.  Was still a question about IF he should throw at the combine...or let his career speak for itself..

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

That seemed to be the general view though folks who were discussing him did not rate his QB skills very high in terms of NFL play and still have him down the list a ways.  As noted...his WR skills, if any, are unknown.  Was still a question about IF he should throw at the combine...or let his career speak for itself..

He’s only going to throw, that’s a bold move imo. I wish he would at least run the 40 though. 

45 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He’s only going to throw, that’s a bold move imo. I wish he would at least run the 40 though. 

Gonna do some private workouts for those who are really interested.

His mother is his agent I hear.

• 2 weeks later...

Jordy cut from the  ? . I didn’t see that coming. The Packers are getting really long in the tooth. 

Jordy was 32 and was set to make 12 mill next year so it makes sense.

BUT WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at muhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy finally getting to play with a great tight end in Jimmy Graham!!! He is past his prime but still a lot better than the trash TE's he has worked with in the past since Jamichael Finley!!! LETS GOOOOOOO!!!! 

16 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Jordy was 32 and was set to make 12 mill next year so it makes sense.

He was the man. Don’t hate just because he is old.

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He was the man. Don’t hate just because he is old.

He was less the man this year without rodgers most of the year. His stats cratered!! You should know! You complained about him all season on twitter because of fantasy football! lol

Edited by GwillMac6

19 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

BUT WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at muhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy finally getting to play with a great tight end in Jimmy Graham!!! He is past his prime but still a lot better than the trash TE's he has worked with in the past since Jamichael Finley!!! LETS GOOOOOOO!!!! 

He is probably third best fantasy TE now.

• Thanks 1

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Jordan Stewart to the Giants...Gettlleman’s Giants

worst mistake the panthers ever made. They traded a penthouse GM in for a dude living in his car marty hurney. THEY WILL RUE THE DAY THEY DID THIS!!! gettleman was a beast! Hurney was awful and was the reason the panthers were in salary cap hell with so many bad contracts. SMH.

• Thanks 1

Just now, aujeff11 said:

You think he is ahead of olsen now?

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

He was less this man this year without rodgers most of the year. His stats cratered!! You should know! You complained about him all season on twitter because of fantasy football! lol

He quit trying and I don’t blame him.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You think he is ahead of olsen now?

Hell yeah. Graham was above average already last year..

Kelce, Gronk, Graham

Edited by aujeff11

14 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

TE is really top heavy. Gronk, Kelce, Ertz, are top tier. Then Olsen, Engram, and probably Graham. After that, A LOT of questions. 

49 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

TE is really top heavy. Gronk, Kelce, Ertz, are top tier. Then Olsen, Engram, and probably Graham. After that, A LOT of questions. 

Olson is in the second tier for now until I see how he does next year. He was hurt for most of the year last year and did nothing 3 of the four games back. Plus he keeps talking about wanting to be a broadcaster so he may be ready to pack it in. Meanwhile, Graham had roughly 9 TD’s last year despite being targeted so few times. 

The Cardinals signed Sam Bradford to a 20m deal.  :dead:

Then asks Tyrann Mathieu to take a pay cut. He refused so they released him.

The Cardinals :dead: 

It feels like if Bradford wasn’t so brittle, he’d be an above average quarterback. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Olson is in the second tier for now until I see how he does next year. He was hurt for most of the year last year and did nothing 3 of the four games back. Plus he keeps talking about wanting to be a broadcaster so he may be ready to pack it in. Meanwhile, Graham had roughly 9 TD’s last year despite being targeted so few times. 

Engram is going to be a monster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

It feels like if Bradford wasn’t so brittle, he’d be an above average quarterback. 

very accurate but he just does not wow me even when healthy.

46 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Engram is going to be a monster. 

He will and he will probably soon be tier one...especially in fantasy. He’s more a WR in my eyes though. TE’s that can block and catch are who can open up the  whole playbook. Gronk, Olson, and others prove their value then. 

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 1