NFL Thread

aujeff11

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

f adam tweets it I believe it. Dude is the most well sourced person in sports.

Adam only said it was a theory being pushed. Plenty of fan accounts push this information. Remember when Tunsil’s bong photo surfaced? Shefter is just the NFL’s shill also. 

Edited by aujeff11

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Adam only said it was a theory being pushed. Plenty of fan accounts push this information. Remember when Tunsil’s bong photo resurfaced? Sheffer is just the NFL’s shill also. 

If I were fans and I thought my team was going to pick josh allen I may push that to!!!! lol I would not want my team wasting a high pick on mr 50% completion percentage josh allen! lol.

Edited by GwillMac6

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Bruh played like a #1 pick against us. Get money, ya douche. 

Really hoping my wife's Patriots take Lamar Jackson. 

Manziel Deja-vu

• Like 1

Just now, WFE12 said:

Manziel Deja-vu

Have pondered the same possibility.

Or he could be Winston Deja-vu, although Winston was more stupid child than straight up disrespectful douchebag. 

• Like 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

Or he could be Winston Deja-vu, although Winston was more stupid child than straight up disrespectful douchebag. 

BUT I think Baker needs that boulder on his shoulder to give him that edge and play great. It is why he has overcame the odds at every level and absolutely crushed the competition. There is no comp of him and johnny ON THE FIELD. Baker is a great passer who can run. Manziel was a legit dual threat. Baker showed he can throw from the poclet and is great at it. BUUUUUUUUUUT It is the browns so these things tend to not work out for them so yah it could easily end up like johnny just because #lolbrownssuck.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That no.1 pick is only going to feed his ego. This was pretty cool though not gonna lie.

Edited by WFE12
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

BUT I think Baker needs that boulder on his shoulder to give him that edge and play great. It is why he has overcame the odds at every level and absolutely crushed the competition. There is no comp of him and johnny ON THE FIELD. Baker is a great passer who can run. Manziel was a legit dual threat. Baker showed he can throw from the poclet and is great at it. BUUUUUUUUUUT It is the browns so these things tend to not work out for them so yah it could easily end up like johnny just because #lolbrownssuck.

Laughing at the last part. You're probably right about the first part. But the NFL sometimes humbles a man. Especially in the Land, as you said. We'll see.

Can't lie, though. Respect the hell out of the dude's game. Best QB we've played against since Lamar Jackson and Winston before him, IMO. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Laughing at the last part. You're probably right about the first part. But the NFL sometimes humbles a man. Especially in the Land, as you said. We'll see.

Can't lie, though. Respect the hell out of the dude's game. Best QB we've played against since Lamar Jackson and Winston before him, IMO. 

If he is humbled then I do not think he will play as great as we have been used to. Now off the field? I think that is just gonna take time and won't come until he gets older and gains some maturity. Baker is a frickin beast. He showed it this year losing perine and joe mixon to the draft AND not to mention his number 1 WR in Biletnikoff Award winner Dede Westbrook and yet still dragged his team to the brink of the natty game. THEY SHOULD of won that game but lincoln riley pulled a gus and went all conservative. SMH.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Side note, imagine how Florida fans feel.

They ceased to exist nationally as a program when Urb decided to broker some backroom deals with ohio state to retire for a year and then get hired at his dream job lol.

• Like 1

:ucrazy:

So still no consensus about the first pick?    notice someone out poisoning the well today on the kid from Wyoming.....and after all day chatter, it was recommended that Cleveland swap it's pick and get a few more picks and when 4 or 5 comes around, just take whatever QB was left on the board....since there was not a clear favorite and odds of top QB picks making it is not much over 50:50.  

And heard bammers bragging that they would have 4 or 5 first round picks......and I'm wondering how a team with that many first round picks got beat by a team that is hoping to get two or three within three rounds......talk about under-utilizing your talent  :dunno:

26 minutes ago, AU64 said:

notice someone out poisoning the well today on the kid from Wyoming.....

Quit acting like he is the victim.. lol.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Quit acting like he is the victim.. lol.

Thanks for the lol......but you know he was a stupid 16 year old and I guess you never did anything stupid at 16...?  Back when I was 16, we could do stupid stuff and generally nobody knew even a few months later. 

This was deliberate to hurt him or maybe help some team hoping to affect his draft status.    The league takes and keeps guys who do criminal acts as adults...so we can be sure that it's not about someone trying to take the moral high ground by revealing this the night of the draft.    

But....I would not take him just based on his performance....but then again, Dak surprised the heck out of me as a passer in the NFL so you never know.

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Thanks for the lol......but you know he was a stupid 16 year old and I guess you never did anything stupid at 16...?  Back when I was 16, we could do stupid stuff and generally nobody knew even a few months later. 

In the day and age of internetting, 16 year olds are responsible for their own actions. Kids misuse Facebook and can end up arrested as a matter of fact. Can’t feel sorry for people once they have their own old photos or old posts brought up from the past. 

Lastly, the kid should’ve scrubbed his social media account clean knowing his growing stature. 

23 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

In the day and age of internetting, 16 year olds are responsible for their own actions. Kids misuse Facebook and can end up arrested as a matter of fact. Can’t feel sorry for people once they have their own old photos or old posts brought up from the past. 

ccount clean knowing his growing stature. 

Understand that scrubbing accounts is not that easy.....but yep, lots of dumb stuff shows up there .....my grand daughter who was a straight A student was surprised to find that I could see her Facebook account a few years ago....thought only 'friends" could see it....."live and learn". 

But NFL has never taken the high ground on anything for long....so this is not going to make any difference....

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

But NFL has never taken the high ground on anything for long....so this is not going to make any difference....

This is true. Not for long or voluntarily anyway. If I was a scout though, social media would be the first place I go to. Herb Hand posted a couple times on Twitter about kids getting schollys pulled over social media. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

This is true. Not for long or voluntarily anyway. If I was a scout though, social media would be the first place I go to. Herb Hand posted a couple times on Twitter about kids getting schollys pulled over social media. 

Things have changed a bit...not that long ago we saw pix of guys with $$$ and rap language all over the place and mostly nobody questioned it.....league is becoming a bit more attuned to public perception of stuff like that but colleges routinely signed up kids with thug background that bragged about.  Glad AU is taking a look...but as you suggest, kids are learning  (or maybe not) to clear their accounts....and the fact that there is no history may or may not signify anything.    Instagram or something like it apparently self- scrubs so kids now use that for anti-social stuff and only the naïve .....of those looking for notoriety use Facebook or Twitter. 

Georgia fans are miserable this morning b/c the Patriots got Winn and Michel (thus salting the SB wound for the Falcons fans among them). Happy Friday, you crybaby mutts!

It's the little things...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I was gonna ask you how you felt about this. I like it. He's a real solid back. Norv has plenty weapons at his disposal. If Curtis can come back healthy and produce than cam has every kind of weapon he needs. Torrey, Jarius, DJ,Curtis,Olsen,CMC, Funchess and now CJ. I hope CAP gets some meaningful carries as well.

Edited by WFE12