NFL Thread

aujeff11

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Uncle Norv has been a godsend to this offense!!! Defense though looks a lot shakier than what we are used to seeing from the panthers.

Yes! He has unleashed the college beast in  McCaffrey. 185 yards rushing?! A week removed from having a big receiving day. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Yes! He has unleashed the college beast in  McCaffrey. 185 yards rushing?! A week removed from having a big receiving day. 

THANK GOODNESS vanilla mike shula is gone and creativity is back in the panthers offensive playcalling sheet!!! It reminds me of when Cam first got there and Chud was the OC and they lit the league on fire.

Ive always thought Bill Belichick was arrogant but I always thought he was a great coach and I loved his arrogance. That’s starting to wear on me. I see how he treated Malcolm Butler before the last Super Bowl, how distressed he makes his own superstar players feel, and  how he won’t even high five little kids walking through tbe stadium.  Now, I don’t like it near as much and he’s definitely a darker individual than what  I thought he was. 

• Like 1

The NFL needs to do away with this roughing the passer rule. They are screwing up the whole game just because one star QB went out for a few months. Pathetic. 

lol

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

The NFL likes versatile backs like McCaffrey,  Chris Thompson, Tarik Cohen, Jerrick McKinnon, and Theo Riddick that can be great third down receiving backs if not starters. 

And my man Kamara 

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

And my man Kamara 

How in the heck did I forget about that PPR savage?

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 1

Slightly different subject but which college coaches have enjoyed the most success with putting quarterbacks into the NFL?

I ask that because of some negative comments about Gus not preparing QBs for he NFL....so which HC or OC has more than one QB in the NFL?    And who are the real rock stars of college QB coaching and what have they done to earn that reputation?  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/24/the-2018-starting-quarterbacks-ranked-by-apy/

Interesting to me that these top QBs come from everywhere, not many from the SEC considering the number and quality of teams in the league....but otherwise, I don't see much of a pattern.  Did not research them but looks like ACC might have the most. 

7 hours ago, AU64 said:

Slightly different subject but which college coaches have enjoyed the most success with putting quarterbacks into the NFL?

I ask that because of some negative comments about Gus not preparing QBs for he NFL....so which HC or OC has more than one QB in the NFL?    And who are the real rock stars of college QB coaching and what have they done to earn that reputation?  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/24/the-2018-starting-quarterbacks-ranked-by-apy/

Interesting to me that these top QBs come from everywhere, not many from the SEC considering the number and quality of teams in the league....but otherwise, I don't see much of a pattern.  Did not research them but looks like ACC might have the most. 

Yep. Jimbo with 4 first round picks. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yep. Jimbo with 4 first round picks. 

Thanks...and on the other hand, with all his NCs and top teams NS has one guy who is a sometimes starter in more than a 20 years of coaching.   But looking at the list, it's hard to say that any HC or OC (other than Jimbo I guess) has any kind of history developing QBs to the NFL and I think Jimbo's guys were special right out of HS. . 

• Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, AU64 said:

Thanks...and on the other hand, with all his NCs and top teams NS has one guy who is a sometimes starter in more than a 20 years of coaching.   But looking at the list, it's hard to say that any HC or OC (other than Jimbo I guess) has any kind of history developing QBs to the NFL and I think Jimbo's guys were special right out of HS. . 

John Parker Wilson, Greg McElroy and AJ McCarron all went to the NFL. Tua is looking like a lock for the first round. Saban's basically putting a QB in the league every other year.

And every QB that starts at an FSU, bama, uga, Clemson, Oklahoma, or Auburn is special right out of high school. 

I almost benched Kupp in my work league because I was nervous about him facing Minnesota’s defense. But 28 points later I’m looking good heading into Sunday. ?

20 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I almost benched Kupp in my work league because I was nervous about him facing Minnesota’s defense. But 28 points later I’m looking good heading into Sunday. ?

Goff got me 52...while on my bench. ?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

I panicked and thought I'd pulled him. Of course, the other guy had Cousins and Diggs :( 

• Sad 1

Well I just saw another fourth and short attempt on the wrong side of their own forty in the NFL. That’s got to be five that I’ve seen personally this season. Doug Pederson ball is catching on.

Edited by aujeff11

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

The real GOAT

IMG_1514.JPG

Dear lord I've never seen anything like it. Not just one of the most clutch performances I've ever seen from a quarterback, but so damn fun to watch. These guys are appointment television as long as he's playing.

That was a rookie on Monday Night Football and the left-handed pass wasn't even the most impressive thing he did. Smdh.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

The real GOAT

IMG_1514.JPG

The announcers are really trying to push the Showtime Mahomes nickname aren’t they? Let the guy get through half a year first at least. Chill.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The announcers are really trying to push the Showtime Mahomes nickname aren’t they? Let the guy get through half a year first at least. Chill.

That was painful. 

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Dear lord I've never seen anything like it. Not just one of the most clutch performances I've ever seen from a quarterback, but so damn fun to watch. These guys are appointment television as long as he's playing.

That was a rookie on Monday Night Football and the left-handed pass wasn't even the most impressive thing he did. Smdh.

The future is bright I tell ya. How do you feel about the Favre comparison minus the picks? I haven't caught much of him but I will definitely tune in when they play the jags next. THAT will be a game to really see if he's IT. 

Can't help but to think the Chiefs will pull a Chiefs and lose in the playoffs after winning like 10+ games. Andy Reid offense with Mahomes, Watkins, Hunt, Hill and the like plus that defense....They should go deep into the playoffs.