NFL Thread

aujeff11

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Thought he was Pats QB of the future.....guess that might be Brady now.  :-\

Certainly seems to be too risky of a move for an otherwise stable organization. One injury and Brady may not come back to his current shape. And he’s been hit a lot this year.

41 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Certainly seems to be too risky of a move for an otherwise stable organization. One injury and Brady may not come back to his current shape. And he’s been hit a lot this year.

Also pretty sudden.....late last week there was discussion about him and when he would take over for Brady....then boom.....maybe trying to avoid a QB squabble?    I don't know much about the Pats but as you note,  does not seem like the kind of move they would make.

On 9/8/2017 at 7:26 AM, aujeff11 said:

The NFL season is finally here so let's talk NFL. Game threads, favorite players/ teams, matchups,  fantasy, smacktalk, etc. I'm a Panthers fan (since the Stephen Davis days) and my favorite player is Cam Newton. 

To start the thread off, just yesterday morning on the radio somebody said this year's Pats team was going to be stronger than the Pats team that almost finished undefeated a few years ago.  So what does Alex Smith and the Chiefs do to them week one? They disrespect and embarrass the Pats on their own turf. So take the L, Pats and anonymous radio guy on the zone. 

Jeff, how about my Saints? I wish they weren't in same division as Carolina. I love Cam, but when he wins, bad for Saints.

Hard to imagine Saints are  now 5-2 after starting 0-2. Sean Peyton had me convinced he wouldn't last another season. I know it is still (kinda) early, but right now Saints are one of the hotter teams. Traded Peterson, then it looks like something "clicked." 

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Jeff, how about my Saints? I wish they weren't in same division as Carolina. I love Cam, but when he wins, bad for Saints.

Hard to imagine Saints are  now 5-2 after starting 0-2. Sean Peyton had me convinced he wouldn't last another season. I know it is still (kinda) early, but right now Saints are one of the hotter teams. Traded Peterson, then it looks like something "clicked." 

That would be the stupidest thing they could ever do to get rid of the best coach they ever had and one of the few great coaches in the NFL. His offense has been historical every season and is not the problem. The front office has let Sean Payton down in building the defense.

Edited by GwillMac6

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That would be the stupidest thing they could ever do to get rid of the best coach they ever had and one of the few great coaches in the NFL. His offense has been historical every season and is not the problem. The front office has let Sean Payton down in building the defense.

Can you really blame the unease though when you go 7-9 for three straight seasons??? Lots of impatience began accruing for Peyton and Loomis. For example, in recent years our higher picks have been busts. I think the dwindling patience is/was justified. 

Oh well, seem to be doing something right, now

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Can you really blame the unease though when you go 7-9 for three straight seasons??? Lots of impatience began accruing for Peyton and Loomis. For example, in recent years our higher picks have been busts. I think the dwindling patience is/was justified. 

Mickey Loomis should of been let go a long time ago. People forget how awful he was at his job till Payton and Brees made him look good.

7 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Jeff, how about my Saints? I wish they weren't in same division

I love the Saints until they play the Panthers.  I really like Brees and that’s the main reason why. I also like Ginn. 

Kamara has also become a my darkhorse PPR fantasy weapon as well. He has been my  best post- draft decision so far. 

12 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Hard to imagine Saints are  now 5-2 after starting 0-2

Their defense is staring to come alive apparently. They stonewalled the Panthers.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Kamara has also become a my darkhorse PPR fantasy weapon as well. He has been my  best post- draft decision so far. 

He may have benefited most from Peterson trade. Really gives him room to develop. 

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

In those 7-9 seasons hasn't the saints had some of the all time worst nfl defenses. I think 1 year they gave up the most points given up in a season in NFL history. I think the saints have been a top 3 offense every season to in those 7-9 seasons as well. Sean Payton is a beast. That would of been a mistake NOLA would of regretted forever. The NFL has a even more of a crapshoot coaching hiring process than college since you cannot just go and hire away opposing teams head coaches. You have to hire these assistants who no one really even barely knows till they become head coaches! lol.

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

He may have benefited most from Peterson trade. Really gives him room to develop. 

His success is really surprising. Players that get processed out of Bama usually don’t do much. I mean we got Corey Grant but Kamara is like a cheaper and more effective CMC. 

We could’ve gotten Hooker or the other great safety and then get Kamara.

Edited by aujeff11

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

His success is really surprising. Players that get processed out of Bama usually don’t do much. I mean we got Corey Grant but Kamara is like a cheaper and more effective CMC. 

Interesting. Never knew he played at Bammer before Tennessee 

7 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yep. Flamed out. Saban probably didn’t know how to use him.

45 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Without looking it up, I think he redshirted, played sparingly for a year, and then went to UT.

Wow....so Panthers traded Cam's friend (Benjamin) and favorite wide receiver for future draft picks.    Someone sending a message that the season is already over?  

20 hours ago, AU64 said:

Wow....so Panthers traded Cam's friend (Benjamin) and favorite wide receiver for future draft picks.    Someone sending a message that the season is already over?  

That’s what it seems like to me. Unless we are now calling back All-Pro receiver Brenton Bersin from the practice squad to lead us to the promise land. It’s like the Panthers get bored with only screwing Cam over in the draft, so they have to actively find ways to make Cam miserable throughout the year. If the front office had the energy to dig a manhole just so our best OL would fall through it, the would in a heartbeat. They wouldn’t do it to our LT though, they already made sure that he sucks before they signed him.

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

That’s what it seems like to me. Unless we are now calling back All-Pro receiver Brenton Bersin from the practice squad to lead us to the promise land. It’s like the Panthers get bored with only screwing Cam over in the draft, so they have to actively find ways to make Cam miserable throughout the year. If the front office had the energy to dig a manhole just so our best OL would fall through it, the would in a heartbeat. They wouldn’t do it to our LT though, they already made sure that he sucks before they signed him.

Wonder if Steve Smith would give up his gig with Dr. Pepper and come back.  I think he was the last WR on that team that would actually block for Cam...

On 10/23/2017 at 10:23 AM, aujeff11 said:

Catch-22 might be a good pass catching RB but he’s not a serviceable running RB. Neither is Stewart at  this point in his long RB career. 

I really wish they would get rid of Jonathon Stewart at this point. Two lost fumbles in the first quarter and hasn’t done anything of note since since his Super Bowl 1 yard TD run.

The suspension of Fournette is a hit on my lineup in the “Family League”. I didn’t even check in on it before the games started. 

21 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

The suspension of Fournette is a hit on my lineup in the “Family League”. I didn’t even check in on it before the games started. 

I meant to mention it bere. My bad. Ertz is out too. Some one probably got screwed there too.

I had Ertz in two of my lineups along with Fournette. I also benched Alshon since he was going against Denver. This week has been my brain dead week I hope. 

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

I had Ertz in two of my lineups along with Fournette. I also benched Alshon since he was going against Denver. This week has been my brain dead week I hope. 

Philly is on freaking fiyah! ???

Looks like Cam may run for a ? today.