NFL Thread

aujeff11

49 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Also, the Browns have an opportunity to get some major talent in the draft. Picks 1 & 4. 

As many number one picks that they get, it’s criminal that they cannot win a single game. I can imagine they will probably try to trade away the number four pick. 

Edit: Just checked, Hue Jackson’s record with the Browns  is 1-30. The Browns better reup him before his agent starts shopping him around. :poke:

What I wonder is if SF picked up Garopollo thinking the QBs in the draft weren’t up to par.

Edited by aujeff11

The way Jimmy G is playing, the 9ers fleeced the Patriots. I suppose it’s almost a first rounder but...

Yes

10 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

What I wonder is if SF picked up Garopollo thinking the QBs in the draft weren’t up to par.

Yes.....and to their good fortune they did not fall to the pressure to bring Kaepernick back.    Just looking at the "top" QBs in the draft this year I wonder if any of them will make it as a starter in the NFL in the near future....even at Cleveland if the Browns can convince one of them to sign with them.  Some of those first round draft picks looked pretty questionable in the bowl games.   

• Like 1

Darnold and Rosen have the size and potential to be really good QBs in the NFL but I think they need a situation where they can “redshirt”. Of course there is always the possibility of a small school QB being out there that will be a good one ie Romo, Jimmy G etc...

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yes

Yes.....and to their good fortune they did not fall to the pressure to bring Kaepernick back.    Just looking at the "top" QBs in the draft this year I wonder if any of them will make it as a starter in the NFL in the near future....even at Cleveland if the Browns can convince one of them to sign with them.  Some of those first round draft picks looked pretty questionable in the bowl games.   

I think Baker has the best shot even with his height. The Allen guy from Wyoming may be okay. I haven’t seen but maybe a quarter of his bowl game and that sample size wasn’t that impressive to me. Teams are hoping he’s the next Carson Wentz I guess. 

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I think Baker has the best shot even with his height. The Allen guy from Wyoming may be okay. I haven’t seen but maybe a quarter of his bowl game and that sample size wasn’t that impressive to me. Teams are hoping he’s the next Carson Wentz I guess. 

The mock draft I was looking at had Mayfield to the Jets. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Mayfield would have to be at the right team.......maybe as backup to Brees :)   but the California guys did not help themselves and the WSU and Wash  guys did not help themselves either.  Funny that the Pac 12 seemed to have 4 if you listen to the experts and the teams are so bad....is there some relationship there? 

The problem I see is that a team drafting a QB in the first two rounds is putting out so much money in salary and bonus they almost have to get a guy who can contribute right away...and I don't see anyone who meets that standard....not even close.   JMO :dunno:

• Like 1

Just now, aubearcat said:

The mock draft I was looking at had Mayfield to the Jets. 

That could work. The NY tabloids would love him.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That could work. The NY tabloids would love him.

He probably needs a place like Charlotte or Indianapolis where there is no possible way for him to get into trouble .... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

He probably needs a place like Charlotte or Indianapolis where there is no possible way for him to get into trouble .... 

Denver could be a good spot for him as well.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Denver could be a good spot for him as well.

legal MJ?   boy I don't know about that?  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

legal MJ?   boy I don't know about that?  

If Elway can straighten him out, his situation  becomes elite. Usually has a great defense backing him up, and usually has weapons around him. 

• Like 1

With his mobility and arm strength, with the right system and coaching, Russell Wilson part II. 

• 2 weeks later...

Panthers have fired Shula

Edited by AUDub

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Panthers have fired Shula

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Woo!!!!!!!

And it seems like they’re finally focused on getting some talent to Charlotte to help Cam.

Tony Romo is such a great announcer.

The Pats have got the RB screen going tonight and Brady is padding his stats. 

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Tony Romo is such a great announcer.

The Pats have got the RB screen going tonight and Brady is padding his stats. 

Proud Romosexual fan over here!!!! lol So glad he will get to finally go to a super bowl next year. He is a dang fine announcer.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Proud Romosexual fan over here!!!

He just gets so excited over formations and taking about the pre snap reads. And he literally gets excited! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He just gets so excited over formations and taking about the pre snap reads. And he literally gets excited! 

haha it is hilarious but very refreshing, very different from most boring analysts! We may be losing chucky but we still got romo when it comes to over enthusiastic announcers! WOOOOOO!!!!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

haha it is hilarious but very refreshing, very different from most boring analysts! We may be losing chucky but we still got romo when it comes to over enthusiastic announcers! WOOOOOO!!!!

“What are they doing!” Lol

• Haha 1

Titans got hosed by the refs about three times that half and they won’t win the game. The NFC is down imo. Saints are the only team with a legit shot. I’m not sold on Minnesota’s offense and their defense will bend too much against the refs and their darlings Brady and Gronk. Pats will be the Super Bowl winners this year. Book it. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Titans got hosed by the refs about three times that half and they won’t win the game. The NFC is down imo. Saints are the only team with a legit shot. I’m not sold on Minnesota’s offense and their defense will bend too much against the refs and their darlings Brady and Gronk. Pats will be the Super Bowl winners this year. Book it. 

I hate the play that decided home field for the pats................ They have the same kind of bama luck in big games..............

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hate the play that decided home field for the pats................ They have the same kind of bama luck in big games..............

They are the luckiest team every year. Like just this game, the Pats deep snapper moves his head and his ass causing the Titan player to jump offsides. The refs initially and correctly called it a false start, and then changes it to an offsides penalty. Just like Bama. 

Edited by aujeff11
  • Angry 1