NFL Thread

aujeff11

9 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Not allowing myself to get my hopes up too much but that would be something if they make it. ?

latest?cb=20161112053516

WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the best days of my life!!! I can now get back to watching nfl football religiously!!! lol

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the best days of my life!!! I can now get back to watching nfl football religiously!!! lol

Dang I wish I hadn’t dumped Jordy Nelson  on fantasy now.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Haha 1

On 12/12/2017 at 9:29 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Green Bay be like.. 

hes-back.jpgthe rest of the NFL be like.. 

he-amp-039-s-back_fb_2305193.jpg

Edited by gr82be
  • Love 1

Setting aside my Cowboys loyalties, Romo is a top tier announcer. I’ve watched several games this weekend and he’s better than all except maybe Aikman. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Setting aside my Cowboys loyalties, Romo is a top tier announcer. I’ve watched several games this weekend and he’s better than all except maybe Aikman. 

He’s a good announcer. Can feel positive energy with him. 

• Like 2

Love romo the player...... love romo the announcer even more!!! jeff nailed it. So much positive energy. It feels like he is sitting on the couch with you cracking those corny jokes as one of your boys haha. O and he is so damn smart as well. But he has that everyman charm where he does not come off as uppity like phil simms did.

• Like 1

Man the Raiders have such s*** luck. 

Held Dallas to 3 on a goal line stand with a minute to go. Get the ball, convert a 4th down via a 55 yard PI. 2nd down, Carr escapes pressure, gets outside the pocket. Looks home free for a moment, but Jeff Heath made a huge hustle play, meeting him at about the two. Carr extends, Heath knocks the ball out, rolls through the endzone. Cowboys kneel it out. 

It was pretty bad ball security imo. Even the play before was almost picked. Why be that careless with the ball when you are easily in FG range to tie the game? Same for the Steelers. Big Ben faked a a spike and really only one route was available for him but it was basically tripled covered and Big Ben threw it anyway. Dumb. You only needed three to live on. 

BTW, I think 55 yard penalties are beyond ridiculous. Like the college rules a heckuva lot better. 

Edited by aujeff11

Sheesh, Gurley two weeks in a row.  He’s basically beating by himself in one of my leagues. 

46 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Sheesh, Gurley two weeks in a row.  He’s basically beating by himself in one of my leagues. 

He got me 51 today. Goff got 39. Aujeff11 is about to get paid hopefully.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Garappolo is legit. So hawt right now.

I picked him up in my work league but left stafford in. :sad2:

• Sad 2

Saints and Panthers have already secured playoff spots. Believe the Falcons can secure a spot as well if they beat the Panthers this weekend. NFC south is stout this year. Very impressive. 

The NFL has finalized its schedule for Week 17, eliminating the Sunday night game so as to ensure that all matchups with playoff implications that affect one another will be played at the same time.

The last time the NFL regular season didn't end with a night game, either on Sunday or Monday, was in 1977 -- the last season with a 14-game schedule. The last time the final NFL Sunday fell on New Year's Eve was 2006.

Games on both Fox and CBS have been affected this year, with Fox flexing both NFC South games. Due in part to a back-loaded divisional schedule, the NFC South remains the only division that has not yet been clinched. The New Orleans Saints' game at Tampa Bay has been moved from 1 p.m. to 4:25 p.m. ET. The same goes for the Panthers-Falcons meeting in Atlanta.

Both New Orleans (11-4) and Carolina (11-4) clinched playoff berths Sunday, with the Saints needing either a win over the Bucs (4-11) or a loss by the Panthers next week to clinch the division. Carolina can claim the NFC South with a win over Atlanta and a Saints loss.

The Falcons (9-6) can't win the division but can advance to the playoffs by beating the Panthers.

On CBS, Bengals-RavensBills-Dolphins and Jaguars-Titans also have been moved to 4:25 p.m.

The Ravens (9-6), Titans (8-7) and Bills (8-7) are all fighting for a wild card, while the Jaguars already clinched the AFC South.

"We felt that both from a competitive standpoint and from a fan perspective, the most fair thing to do is to schedule all Week 17 games in either the 1 p.m. or 4:25 p.m. ET windows," NFL senior vice president of broadcasting Howard Katz said. "This ensures that we do not have a matchup on Sunday Night Football on New Year's Eve that because of earlier results has no playoff implications for one or both of the competing teams."

Edited by aujeff11

@aujeff11, what is your opinion about the Raiders possibly firing Del Rio and getting Gruden? I’m not as sold on it as many of the NFL personalities were this morning on the shows. He’s been out of coaching a long time and I don’t necessarily think Del Rio did a bad job this season. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

@aujeff11, what is your opinion about the Raiders possibly firing Del Rio and getting Gruden? I’m not as sold on it as many of the NFL personalities were this morning on the shows. He’s been out of coaching a long time and I don’t necessarily think Del Rio did a bad job this season. 

I’m not sold on it either. He was mocking these reports earlier saying just last week people had him pegged to TB, but I think he wants to coach again. He’s been out of the game for what? A decade? And he’s always been a coach just barely above what? Maybe .500? He’s an above average coach in my opinion because of his offensive prowess and his ability to communicate his vision to the players, but I have no clue why he’s on so many major college and NFL short lists.

Del Rio isn’t a bad coach but the Raiders had a lot of expectations during the preseason and every one of them weren’t met. The offense was supposed to be one of the best and the defense was supposed to be better. 

Jack Del Rio is officially fired. Let’s see if Gruden is still giving noncommittal answers.

Wow, that was quick. I think the biggest disappointment in my Raiders and Cowboys alike were the offensive lines. I also thought that the Oakland defensive front 7 would be much better. 

Also, the Browns have an opportunity to get some major talent in the draft. Picks 1 & 4.