NFL Thread

aujeff11

11 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Another storyline that needs unraveling is Malcolm Butler. He got zero defensive snaps tonight and was crying during the anthem. He obviously could’ve helped that pathetic Patriot defense at least some.

This is one I'm very curious about, too. His agent is a friend. Saw him on Friday afternoon and he didn't look too excited about the SB, but he also has the flu...so that's what I attributed it to. I also understand that sitting Butler was a game time decision? 

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Dougie P is the got damn real deal. Good googa mooga we just witnessed the best coaching performance throughout the whole playoffs I have ever seen. It is not a situation where the defense carried the backup qb. NO SIR! This team won BECAUSE of foles and the offense. The NFC title game and Super Bowl Dougie P and foles put on a clinic. Dougie P is everything gus is not. Aggressive! Fearless!!! Pushes the envelope and goes for the jugular. I LOVE IT! Can we trade?! Give 50 million to THIS former high school coach! lol. Wentz was the mvp front runner before he got hurt. Trade foles to the highest bidder. His value will never be higher. Try to con the browns in to giving up 1 of their first round picks. They are the worst organization in sports history. They may be dumb enough to do it At least try.

I don't want Foles to turn into Brock Osweiler or Ryan Fitzpatrick after they had their career years, I actually like Foles. That pass to Foles in the endzone after the Pats failed their attempt to pass to Brady was glorious. Nothing better than a cheating team getting their comeuppance. Same thing needs to happen to Bama but it hasn't...good guys finish last. I don't envy the Eagles front office.

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I don't want Foles to turn into Brock Osweiler or Ryan Fitzpatrick after they had their career years, I actually like Foles. That pass to Foles in the endzone after the Pats failed their attempt to pass to Brady was glorious. Nothing better than a cheating team getting their comeuppance. Same thing needs to happen to Bama but it hasn't...good guys finish last. I don't envy the Eagles front office.

lol not the eagles problem once they trade him.

Guess he found out some bad news on Lucks bum shoulder. Only reason to take the colts job. One of the least talented teams overall.

On 2/5/2018 at 7:28 PM, WFE12 said:

That's so wrong to do that to Eli, or should I say Ellie? :-\

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Considering he still hasn’t achieved much( his SB bowl rings from the bench doesn’t count in this instance), he would’ve been better served taking less so that he could atttact more offensive help. He looks better when his unit play well and vice versa and then his next contract won’t be a joke . 

43 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Considering he still hasn’t achieved much( his SB bowl rings from the bench doesn’t count in this instance), he would’ve been better served taking less so that he could atttact more offensive help. He looks better when his unit play well and vice versa and then his next contract won’t be a joke . 

take that money when you can get it!!! I mean I do not blame him. He did a lot in his limited time with limited weapons plus they still have a high draft pick that they can get him some help if they want to. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

take that money when you can get it!!! I mean I do not blame him. He did a lot in his limited time with limited weapons plus they still have a high draft pick that they can get him some help if they want to. 

I don’t know fam. He really hasn’t proven much yet. I guess you’re right.... that San Francisco housing market is....sheesh.

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t know fam. He really hasn’t proven much yet. I guess you’re right.... that San Francisco housing market is....sheesh.

Yah he has def not proven enough to earn that contract but even average qbs are coveted in the nfl where they get overpaid. Kind alike 3 and D guys in the nba. But yah he is older than people think at 27 so get that green man!!! Probaly will be the only big contract he will get.

I love to win as much as the next guy but I’m getting paid as much as possible. With injuries and all, I’d want to set my family and I up for life then get some rings if possible. 

27 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I love to win as much as the next guy but I’m getting paid as much as possible. With injuries and all, I’d want to set my family and I up for life then get some rings if possible. 

True, but a 120 million dollar contract would’ve been just as fine. I realize the dude is older and needs to get the money but if he’s eating up the payroll, he’s really not helping himself out.

• Like 1

So why didn't they bring Kaepernick back?   Could have had him at  fraction of that salary.....and Namath seems to think he should be playing in the league. :-\

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

So why didn't they bring Kaepernick back?   Could have had him at  fraction of that salary.....and Namath seems to think he should be playing in the league. :-\

I saw a meme that compared Jimmy G and Colin K, they had nearly identical numbers. I understand what message was being implied by the comparison, however, chemistry is a big deal. I think Jimmy gelled with the 49ers from day one and Kapernick had already fell out of favor before his protests. 

6 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I saw a meme that compared Jimmy G and Colin K, they had nearly identical numbers. I understand what message was being implied by the comparison, however, chemistry is a big deal. I think Jimmy gelled with the 49ers from day one and Kapernick had already fell out of favor before his protests. 

Also, Jimmy G looks and plays a lot like the guy that Shanahan turned into the league MVP year before last. Kap plays a different style and I'm not sure Shanahan would know what to do with him. Could be wrong, though.

Also, the Patriots loved Jimmy G. LOVED him. They really didn't want to let him go but there was no way they could keep him and the GOAT. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Panthers cut RB Jonathan Stewart today.

And cut Kurt Coleman and Charles Johnson the other day. YOUNGER! YOUNGER! YOUNGER! Still wish Gettleman was the GM and not marty frickin Hurney again. UGHHHHHHHHHHH.

So is there a QB out there that you would take with your first round draft pick?   

Every time I listen to discussions on the subject there is a new name and several reasons why none of them are worth the price to get them.   Sounds like there are four or five 4* QBs available. 

43 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And cut Kurt Coleman and Charles Johnson the other day. YOUNGER! YOUNGER! YOUNGER! Still wish Gettleman was the GM and not marty frickin Hurney again. UGHHHHHHHHHHH.

I don’t know much about Hurney. I’m asking this here because I don’t care to hear smart A responses from you know who, but what does it mean when a recruit pins an offer announcement on the top of their Twitter? I’ve seen that several times despite the players having great offers( including us from the ones I’ve seen.) Does that mean the pinned school lead? 

42 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So is there a QB out there that you would take with your first round draft pick?   

Every time I listen to discussions on the subject there is a new name and several reasons why none of them are worth the price to get them.   Sounds like there are four or five 4* QBs available. 

Mayfield, maybe. I’m not sold on Allen, Rosen and Darnold.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t know much about Hurney. I’m asking this here because I don’t care to hear smart A responses from you know who, but what does it mean when a recruit pins an offer announcement on the top of their Twitter? I’ve seen that several times despite the players having great offers( including us from the ones I’ve seen.) Does that mean the pinned school lead? 

Hurney was the GM who got the panthers in salary cap hell giving AWFUL BLOATED contracts to charles johnson, J STEW, Deangelo Williams and Jon Beason. Gettleman whole tenure of being a GM was digging them out of it. Gettleman as you know drafted really well. Hurney nailed some first round picks but he did not do well rarely anywhere else in the draft or free agency like gettlemagic. L O L. As far as your question I think it is just the latest offer that they pin to the top.

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hurney was the GM who got the panthers in salary cap hell giving AWFUL BLOATED contracts to charles johnson, J STEW, Deangelo Williams and Jon Beason. Gettleman whole tenure of being a GM was digging them out of it. Gettleman as you know drafted really well. Hurney nailed some first round picks but he did not do well rarely anywhere else in the draft or free agency like gettlemagic. L O L. As far as your question I think it is just the latest offer that they pin to the top.

Gotcha. 

Most of the time, it’s also not the latest announcement. 

Such as this one which Tyler has pinned:

Edited by aujeff11