NFL Thread

aujeff11

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

DB is a good fit, especially to line up opposite of Michael Thomas.

Welp time to get my Dez bryant 88 (if that is in fact the number he does get. I kinda hope not. The last WR to wear 88 for the saints Nick Toon was absolutely trash, terrible and abysmal lol) Saints jersey to add to my DEZZZZZZZZZZ collection!!! WOOOOOOOO!!! Def not a saints fan at all but I will be rooting for DEZ!!! LETS GOOOO BABY!!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!

Former Vikings defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd has filed a lawsuit against a prominent surgeon over an allegedly botched operation that took place in September 2016

According to ESPN.com, the lawsuit was filed on Tuesday in Florida and names multiple defendants, including Dr. James Andrews, who has performed hundreds of surgeries on athletes over the course of his medical career. Other defendants in the case include the anesthesiologist that worked during the Floyd operation, the two fellows who aided in the surgery and the Andrews Institute. Floyd is seeking a total of $180 million.

According to Floyd's lawyer, Brad Sohn, the reason his client is seeking so much money is because Floyd believes he could have made at least $180 million if the surgery hadn't ended his career. Floyd, who was selected by the Vikings with the 23rd overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, never earned a second contract because he was never able to play again after the operation. 

"We believe that if Sharrif had not been the victim of the medical negligence we allege, he would've been paid commensurate with some of the top players at his position, if not some of the top defensive players in football," Sohn said this week, via Sports Illustrated. 

When Floyd originally went under the knife in September 2016, he thought the operation was going to be a routine arthroscopic knee surgery. However, that's apparently not what happened. According to the lawsuit, Floyd ended up undergoing a more "significant procedure" which led to permanent nerve and muscle damage. Floyd's team believes the damage was caused partially by a pain blocker that was incorrectly administered. 

At the time, Floyd thought the operation would sideline him for 3-4 weeks, but instead, the surgery ended his career. Floyd played one game in 2016 before suffering the injury that led to his knee surgery. 

Floyd has also been fighting with the Vikings to get some of the money he believes he was owed for the 2017 season. As a first-round selection, Floyd was given a four-year deal with a team option for a fifth year. Since the Vikings picked up the option in May 2016, Floyd thought he would be getting $6.8 million for the 2017 season. However, the Vikings put him on the non-football injury list that season, which meant they didn't have to pay him. Floyd filed a grievance with the NFLPA and was eventually paid $2 million by the Vikings, according to ESPN.com. 

As for the lawsuit, it's expected to go to trial in late 2019 after a discovery process that could go on for nearly a year. 

45 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Most scopes don’t end up with nerve damage. Something went wrong. 

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

You have to love this guy

1. Am I wrong to be really impressed by the athleticism?

2. I basically spent that whole TD record celebration a few weeks ago doing a bored wanking motion and then he went over to kiss his kids and somebody in my house started chopping onions. I have to hate him a little as a Falcons fan first and a Cam fan second, but I 97% respect the hell out of the guy and am very happy for all of his success. And I agree that it would be criminal if he finishes his career without an MVP. 

On 11/6/2018 at 6:53 PM, AUBwins said:

Why are the Saints shopping for a WR? Was there an injury I missed? 

FTR, I would love for Dez to come to NOLA. Who Dat!!

Cam Meredith is headed to tbe IR. Getting his knee scoped.

9 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Cam Meredith is headed to tbe IR. Getting his knee scoped.

Well that explains it.  Pretty coy to bring in Dez early enough before playing the 'Boys on 11/29 in Dallas. He will have a chance to go off that game.  You know he will.

Edited by AUBwins
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Well that explains it.  Pretty coy to bring in Dez early enough before playing the 'Boys on 11/29 in Dallas. He will have a chance to go off that game.  You know he will.

THROW UP THE X WINS!!!!!!! lol

• Facepalm 2

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

THROW UP THE X WINS!!!!!!! lol

Threaux, not throw. Geez man,  he in Cajun country now.  Lol

• Haha 1

:party:

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Threaux, not throw. Geez man,  he in Cajun country now.  Lol

I gave him a facepalm too. He should have known that.

• Haha 1

Steelers have improved on D from the first of the season, really amazing how they have gotten better

• Like 1

Leveon who? Tired of them talking about him. Conner is a beast. This one finna turn ugly. Hope they get it together and don't make it butt ugly.

• Like 1

I do like how the Thursday night crew does the Timeless segment at the beginning of the game, that’s pretty cool.

The Panthers defense has been bad all year. The offense has bailed them out time and time again. But now everyone sees how bad the panthers defense in since it is a prime time game. SHEEEEEEEESH they have regressed a lot. Me and @WFE12 been talking about how overrated the panthers defense has been all year.

Steelers were ready for Primetime, Panthers not so much.

The Steelers play is impressive, especially after playing a black and blue rivalry game against the ravens Sunday

• Like 1

😷

• Haha 2