NFL Thread

aujeff11

28 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

This was the least attractive of the possible Super Bowl matchups

Not to the NFL.  They wanted these two teams because of TV markets.  

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

I'm pulling for Kansas City, but god, that tomahawk cheer still gives me some very painful flashbacks to THAT game.

You and me both brother. But the chiefs are the only team that uses the tomahawk cheer who I do not absolutely despise! lol Fsu and Braves? can't staaaaaaaaaaaaand em especially free shoes U!!!!!!! haha

• Like 1

BEST NEWS OF THE FREAKING DAY!!!!!!! these are the best looking uniform in sports. I absolutely love them. So glad they are wearing them for the Super Bowl at that plain jane bland stadium in the ATL.

WAR DAMN EAGLE to Auburn alum and member of the 93 undefeated team Les Snead!!! WOOOO!!!!!

2 hours ago, djg0017 said:

This was the least attractive of the possible Super Bowl matchups

I think this was the most attractive to the NFL. These 2 are the biggest markets left and the Patriots are a huge brand. But for me personally? Yah I wanted that Chiefs and Rams re match for sure without a doubt. 

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

NFL needs to modify playoff overtime rules

I mean they have. It used to be even a field goal would beat you if you got the ball and scored first. At least you have to score a touchdown now when you get the ball first to win the game. If you only make a field goal the other team still gets a chance.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You and me both brother. But the chiefs are the only team that uses the tomahawk cheer who I do not absolutely despise! lol Fsu and Braves? can't staaaaaaaaaaaaand em especially free shoes U!!!!!!! haha

It was February before I got that damn tune out of my head.

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think this was the most attractive to the NFL. These 2 are the biggest markets left and the Patriots are a huge brand. But for me personally? Yah I wanted that Chiefs and Rams re match for sure without a doubt. 

I make $0 off the super bowl, so there is nothing for me to gain from it now. There aren’t really any storylines stemming from this matchup. Yawn! Rams-Chiefs or Brees-Brady would’ve been bigger hype trains

2 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

I make $0 off the super bowl, so there is nothing for me to gain from it now. There aren’t really any storylines stemming from this matchup. Yawn! Rams-Chiefs or Brees-Brady would’ve been bigger hype trains

McVay and The Hoodie is a huge storyline. Boy Wonder offensive genius vs the OG defensive genius and wiz. They will be putting in a lot of air time from that angle leading up to the game. But yah I was so excited for Mahomes and Goff part 2.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

McVay and The Hoodie is a huge storyline. Boy Wonder offensive genius vs the OG defensive genius and wiz. They will be putting in a lot of air time from that angle leading up to the game. But yah I was so excited for Mahomes and Goff part 2.

Brady and the Pats going for #6 against the team that they got #1. It is serendipitous. 

9 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

NFL needs to modify playoff overtime rules

Yep, no way a coin toss should determine a game. You get to overtime in this case because both defenses gave up a scoring drives late in the 4th. Neither team was stopping the other one anymore. I'd just as soon them go to the college format of overtime. At least it's fair. And how does Dee Ford line up offside in this situation? The game is over if he just pays attention to that detail. I'm not a Chief's fan but the Pats are like Bama, I pull for whoever is playing them. Rant over, go Rams! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Yep, no way a coin toss should determine a game

What? The Chiefs allowing a TD in overtime is what decided the game. If the Chiefs can’t stop tbe Josh Gordonless Patriots on multiple 3rd and long attempts they didn’t deserve to win anyway. 

Edited by aujeff11

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

What? The Chiefs allowing a TD in overtime is what decided the game. If the Chiefs can’t stop tbe Josh Gordonless Patriots on multiple 3rd and long attempts they didn’t deserve to win anyway. 

I get that captain obvious. The point is that whoever wins the toss has a huge advantage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I get that captain obvious. The point is that whoever wins the toss has a huge advantage. 

You’re impossible. I guess I’m supposed to assume a successfully called coin toss is equal to a TD? 

There is no real advantage to winning tbe toss if defense can actually be played.

It’s not the like the NFL hasn’t already eliminated the FG for tbe win. Maybe then you’d have a better complaint. 

22 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Yep, no way a coin toss should determine a game.

I mean there are advantages that can be shifted in favor of one team over another based on a damn coin toss in college football as well. 

Damn son. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

You’re impossible. I guess I’m supposed to assume a successfully called coin toss is equal to a TD? 

There is no real advantage to winning tbe toss if defense can actually be played.

It’s not the like the NFL hasn’t already eliminated the FG for tbe win. Maybe then you’d have a better complaint. 

Not impossible at all. But one team scoring a TD on the first drive ends the game but a team kicking a FG doesn't? That makes zero sense. So the Chiefs defense failed to stop them, that's true but the Patriots didn't even have to prove they could stop the Chiefs in OT. That's what I think is the problem with this OT structure. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

But one team scoring a TD on the first drive ends the game but a team kicking a FG doesn't? That makes zero sense.

It really doesn’t. I guess the NFL got tired of hearing the complaints from the gr82be’s out there. 

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

but the Patriots didn't even have to prove they could stop the Chiefs in OT. 

And until changes are made, that’s on tbe Chiefs defense. 

10 hours ago, around4ever said:

Not to the NFL.  They wanted these two teams because of TV markets.  

and people will turn in hoping the Pats get beat.....they are the bama of the NFL I think.

• Like 1