NFL Thread

aujeff11

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It really doesn’t. I guess the NFL got tired of hearing the complaints from the gr82be’s out there. 

And until changes are made, that’s on tbe Chiefs defense. 

Oh, if we all had the wisdom and wit of you. One can only hope and that one is obviously you. We have differing opinions Jeff. That's all. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Oh, if we all had the wisdom and wit of you. One can only hope and that one is obviously you. We have differing opinions Jeff. That's all. 

Don’t know what the heck you’re talking about but okay. 

Sorry I had to disagree with you but no event that occurs outside time of regulation actually determines the outcome of the game unless we are talking ejections or suspensions or something. Advantages can be had just as in CFB overtime format, but it’s still up to the players and the teams to do their job. 

Have a good day. 

12 hours ago, jw 4 au said:

Couldn’t happen for a BETTER  franchise.

FIFY

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

Petty I know, but not a fan of McVay, Kliff Kingsbury, Jordan Rodgers, etc.  Tired of The Bachelor look.:puke:

No kidding. Give me the old, fat, ugly guys. The last thing I need is for the damned coaches to be younger, wealthier and better looking than me, too. :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Patrick Mahomes missed a wide open receiver for an easy throw-and-catch TD.

Tom Brady gave 7 points away with that interception he threw in the end zone.

The supposed "best offense" in the NFL was held scoreless in the first half.

Dee Ford lined up off sides, else the Chiefs would have won.

Now England gained somewhat near twice as many yards as KC, ran twice as many plays, possessed the ball twice as long, etc.  The Chiefs were beaten worse than the score indicates.  They were very lucky to have made it to overtime.

Tom Brady's completed passes in overtime:

• 3rd-and-10 conversion.
  • 3rd-and-9 conversion
  • 3rd-and-10 conversion
  • 3rd-and-10 conversion

Un-freaking-real.

The lost coin toss is nowhere near the reason the Chiefs lost the game.  Based upon the stats and their mistakes, they had no business even being in the game at the end.

IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

and people will turn in hoping the Pats get beat.....they are the bama of the NFL I think.

Yes, but Bill and Nick have made their accomplishments in different ways.

Nick gets the best players every year, because college players can choose where they play.  In the NFL, that would be like getting 25 first round picks every year.

OTOH, Bill is restricted by the NFL's competitive balance rules, in a league that is designed for every team to go 8-8 every year.

I respect Bill's accomplishments much more than Nick's.

Edited by KolchakAU85
Spelling.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Nick gets the best players every year, because college players can choose where they play.  In the NFL, that would be like getting 25 first round picks every year.

OTOH, Bill is restricted by the NFL's competitive balance rules, in a league that is designed for every team to go 8-8 every year.

I respect Biill's accomplishments much more than Nick's.

I think he was referring more to the what than the how. In both cases, the country is sick of seeing these two unlikable *teams and their unlikable coaches in the championship game every year. 

It just occurred to me that these things are happening at the same time. A testament to the popularity of the sport that it can survive this. Although, we do love our villains.

* The teams might be unlikable even if they didn't win so much. The coaches are unlikable no matter what. And I'm actually half a Patriots fan. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I respect Bill's accomplishments much more than Nick's.

My comment about "bama of the NFL" was a sense that lots of people hate the Pats and are pulling for whoever they play.  

And yes, the dominated the game much more than just winning it in OT.  Those fluke INTs kept KC in the game ..and of course KC was playing a home game which should have given them some advantage. 

Pats were definitely better yesterday.

• Like 2

Let me start this post by saying I'm a huge Patriots fan.

I remember back in the 1980s when Joe Montana and the 49ers ruled for years.  I absolutely hated that team.  Hated to see them in the Super Bowl.  Hated to see Montana's picture on Cheerios boxes, and hated to see him in a TV commercial telling me to drink Pepsi (Coke has always ruled).  But there they were - every time I turned around, I was reminded about how great they were, and would continue to be.  That was probably the only time in my life that I ever got down on the NFL.

So even as a Patriots fan, I can understand how fans of other teams feel.  There has definitely been Patriots overload in the NFL for the last 15 years.

But have faith.  The 49ers dynasty crumbled, and so will the Patriots.  I know it's predicted every year, but I really feel this is their last year to make the Super Bowl before a thorough rebuild.

Edited by KolchakAU85
Grammar.

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Yep, no way a coin toss should determine a game. You get to overtime in this case because both defenses gave up a scoring drives late in the 4th. Neither team was stopping the other one anymore. I'd just as soon them go to the college format of overtime. At least it's fair. And how does Dee Ford line up offside in this situation? The game is over if he just pays attention to that detail. I'm not a Chief's fan but the Pats are like Bama, I pull for whoever is playing them. Rant over, go Rams! 

Yeah I wish it was like the college set up with the exception being they probably start the ball back farther. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Let me start this post by saying I'm a huge Patriots fan.

I remember back in the 1980s when Joe Montana and the 49ers ruled for years.  I absolutely hated that team.  Hated to see them in the Super Bowl.  Hated to see Montana's picture on Cheerios boxes, and hated to see him in a TV commercial telling me to drink Pepsi (Coke has always ruled).  But there they were - every time I turned around, I was reminded about how great they were, and would continue to be.  That was probably the only time in my life that I ever got down on the NFL.

So even as a Patriots fan, I can understand how fans of other teams feel.  There has definitely been Patriots overload in the NFL for the last 15 years.

But have faith.  The 49ers dynasty crumbled, and so will the Patriots.  I know it's predicted every year, but I really feel this is their last year to make the Super Bowl before a thorough rebuild.

I married into it 7 years ago. Wife was born in Connecticut, her dad's family are Ma**holes. So I definitely see both sides of it. Actually had somebody yell "Patriots suck" at me at an airport. In Atlanta. Before they played each other in the SB.

When Belichick is done, the Patriots dynasty is done IMO. Brady is amazing but I think Cassel showed that Belichick is going to win no matter what. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

All hail Tony Romo

Just the first play:

“Ahh they’re killing it, usually means a motion and a run to the outside.”

Romo= wizard that knows Brady’s audibles.

He works for CBS right? They’d be stupid to let him walk.

Edited by aujeff11

And another 

Tom Brady taking this under dog role to the max. Anything to keep you motivate but majority of football fans never counted the patriots out. Rooting against them and counting them is a big difference. A true underdog was when broken down Peyton Manning QBd an NFL champion broncos team who beat my panthers 😪😪😪

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Tom Brady taking this under dog role to the max. Anything to keep you motivate but majority of football fans never counted the patriots out. Rooting against them and counting them is a big difference. A true underdog was when broken down Peyton Manning QBd an NFL champion broncos team who beat my panthers 😪😪😪

The guy is what?   40 years old...isn't he ready for Social Security or something by now?    And he's as slow as me in the backfield.....think his pass receiving days are over.....but still waiting on him to "run" another ROP  and walk into the end zone….......

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The guy is what?   40 years old...isn't he ready for Social Security or something by now?    And he's as slow as me in the backfield.....think his pass receiving days are over.....but still waiting on him to "run" another ROP  and walk into the end zone….......

Tom Brady probably was as slow as you when he first entered the draft. Tom Brady is the GOAT. No doubt. Not buying this “counting you out story line.” He has been playing at a high level for quite some time despite of age. If anything the characters around him has changed but they system is still great. It’s like a Tim Duncan led spurs team. As long as the big three were together with Pop, most people aren’t going to count them out. Saying this as a huge spurs fan. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Not really. They had problems with communication throughout the first half despite saying all week they wouldn’t.

What the guy also said was that the crowd noise was not sustainable IIRC....which was true. They figured out a way around it and in the end it wasn't.

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

What the guy also said was that the crowd noise was not sustainable IIRC....which was true. They figured out a way around it and in the end it wasn't.

The way around it was the refs tbh.

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

Tom Brady probably was as slow as you when he first entered the draft. Tom Brady is the GOAT. No doubt. Not buying this “counting you out story line.” He has been playing at a high level for quite some time despite of age. If anything the characters around him has changed but they system is still great. It’s like a Tim Duncan led spurs team. As long as the big three were together with Pop, most people aren’t going to count them out. Saying this as a huge spurs fan. 

Manufactured motivation on Brady's part IMO. 

• Like 1

Yall do realize the Patriots were the underdog right? Lot of people counted them out. Gronk had been basically nonexistent all year, the Josh Gordon experiment didn’t last, and at one point their record was 9-5. 

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-wentz-exclusive-sources-paint-eagles-quarterback-as-selfish-not-team-player/

I’m not one to believe things that are sourced by unknown people but looking like Wentz v Foles may be causing some disruption behind closed doors.