Jump to content
Null

NFL Thread


aujeff11
 Share

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Also, the Browns have an opportunity to get some major talent in the draft. Picks 1 & 4. 

As many number one picks that they get, it’s criminal that they cannot win a single game. I can imagine they will probably try to trade away the number four pick. 

Edit: Just checked, Hue Jackson’s record with the Browns  is 1-30. The Browns better reup him before his agent starts shopping him around. :poke:

 

What I wonder is if SF picked up Garopollo thinking the QBs in the draft weren’t up to par.

Edited by aujeff11
Link to comment
Share on other sites





  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way Jimmy G is playing, the 9ers fleeced the Patriots. I suppose it’s almost a first rounder but...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes

10 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

 

What I wonder is if SF picked up Garopollo thinking the QBs in the draft weren’t up to par.

Yes.....and to their good fortune they did not fall to the pressure to bring Kaepernick back.    Just looking at the "top" QBs in the draft this year I wonder if any of them will make it as a starter in the NFL in the near future....even at Cleveland if the Browns can convince one of them to sign with them.  Some of those first round draft picks looked pretty questionable in the bowl games.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Darnold and Rosen have the size and potential to be really good QBs in the NFL but I think they need a situation where they can “redshirt”. Of course there is always the possibility of a small school QB being out there that will be a good one ie Romo, Jimmy G etc...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yes

Yes.....and to their good fortune they did not fall to the pressure to bring Kaepernick back.    Just looking at the "top" QBs in the draft this year I wonder if any of them will make it as a starter in the NFL in the near future....even at Cleveland if the Browns can convince one of them to sign with them.  Some of those first round draft picks looked pretty questionable in the bowl games.   

I think Baker has the best shot even with his height. The Allen guy from Wyoming may be okay. I haven’t seen but maybe a quarter of his bowl game and that sample size wasn’t that impressive to me. Teams are hoping he’s the next Carson Wentz I guess. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I think Baker has the best shot even with his height. The Allen guy from Wyoming may be okay. I haven’t seen but maybe a quarter of his bowl game and that sample size wasn’t that impressive to me. Teams are hoping he’s the next Carson Wentz I guess. 

The mock draft I was looking at had Mayfield to the Jets. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I think Baker has the best shot even with his height. The Allen guy from Wyoming may be okay. I haven’t seen but maybe a quarter of his bowl game and that sample size wasn’t that impressive to me. Teams are hoping he’s the next Carson Wentz I guess. 

Mayfield would have to be at the right team.......maybe as backup to Brees :)   but the California guys did not help themselves and the WSU and Wash  guys did not help themselves either.  Funny that the Pac 12 seemed to have 4 if you listen to the experts and the teams are so bad....is there some relationship there? 

The problem I see is that a team drafting a QB in the first two rounds is putting out so much money in salary and bonus they almost have to get a guy who can contribute right away...and I don't see anyone who meets that standard....not even close.   JMO :dunno:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That could work. The NY tabloids would love him.

He probably needs a place like Charlotte or Indianapolis where there is no possible way for him to get into trouble .... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

legal MJ?   boy I don't know about that?  

If Elway can straighten him out, his situation  becomes elite. Usually has a great defense backing him up, and usually has weapons around him. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

 

Tony Romo is such a great announcer.

The Pats have got the RB screen going tonight and Brady is padding his stats. 

 

Proud Romosexual fan over here!!!! lol So glad he will get to finally go to a super bowl next year. He is a dang fine announcer.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He just gets so excited over formations and taking about the pre snap reads. And he literally gets excited! 

haha it is hilarious but very refreshing, very different from most boring analysts! We may be losing chucky but we still got romo when it comes to over enthusiastic announcers! WOOOOOO!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

haha it is hilarious but very refreshing, very different from most boring analysts! We may be losing chucky but we still got romo when it comes to over enthusiastic announcers! WOOOOOO!!!!

“What are they doing!” Lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Titans got hosed by the refs about three times that half and they won’t win the game. The NFC is down imo. Saints are the only team with a legit shot. I’m not sold on Minnesota’s offense and their defense will bend too much against the refs and their darlings Brady and Gronk. Pats will be the Super Bowl winners this year. Book it. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Titans got hosed by the refs about three times that half and they won’t win the game. The NFC is down imo. Saints are the only team with a legit shot. I’m not sold on Minnesota’s offense and their defense will bend too much against the refs and their darlings Brady and Gronk. Pats will be the Super Bowl winners this year. Book it. 

I hate the play that decided home field for the pats................ They have the same kind of bama luck in big games..............

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hate the play that decided home field for the pats................ They have the same kind of bama luck in big games..............

They are the luckiest team every year. Like just this game, the Pats deep snapper moves his head and his ass causing the Titan player to jump offsides. The refs initially and correctly called it a false start, and then changes it to an offsides penalty. Just like Bama. 

Edited by aujeff11
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ellitor changed the title to NFL Thread

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...