NFL Thread

aujeff11

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I can name 2 NHL players. (yup you guessed it. The obvious ones in Ovi and Crosby.) Never seen a game ever for NHL. What can I say?! I am just a simple redneck kid who grew up in alabama! lol. But even because of that I rather watch the NHL all star game than the Pro Bowl.

Google John Scott when you get some time. WWE storylines come to life. 

I love going to hockey games but I just can't make myself care about watching it on TV. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I love going to hockey games but I just can't make myself care about watching it on TV. 

Good looking out fam!!! You are good peoples Loofy!! I appreciated it. Say no more!!! You had me at WWE storylines! lmao

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I can name 2 NHL players. (yup you guessed it. The obvious ones in Ovi and Crosby.) Never seen a game ever for NHL. What can I say?! I am just a simple redneck kid who grew up in alabama! lol. But even because of that I rather watch the NHL all star game than the Pro Bowl.

Hockey is a beautiful sport when you understand what’s going on. I didn’t get into it until my time at AUburn in the mid ‘90s. It started then because a friend and I started playing the NHL game on the first generation of PS. The mid 90s Red Wings with the Russians were surgical. 

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

lol VERY VERY WWE esque. Your description was spot on.

If you’re not familiar with Scott’s story, it really is one of the most delightful things to happen in the NHL in recent years. Though he had scored only five goals in 285 career NHL games, a massive online campaign made the veteran enforcer the top vote-getter in 2016 All-Star Game balloting. Despite initial efforts by the NHL to keep Scott out of the game, the league caved to public pressure and allowed him to participate. He ended up winning All-Star Game MVP honors as a write-in candidate and took home a new car.

The All-Star Game ended up being the second-to-last time Scott ever played on an NHL rink. The Coyotes had traded him to the Canadiens before the game in what many thought was an attempt to keep him out of the game. Montreal sent him to its minor league affiliate in St. John’s, Newfoundland, and he spent much of the rest of the season there. He played one game for the Canadiens in April and was then allowed to return home to Michigan instead of going back to the minors. He retired the following December.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol VERY VERY WWE esque. Your description was spot on.

If you’re not familiar with Scott’s story, it really is one of the most delightful things to happen in the NHL in recent years. Though he had scored only five goals in 285 career NHL games, a massive online campaign made the veteran enforcer the top vote-getter in 2016 All-Star Game balloting. Despite initial efforts by the NHL to keep Scott out of the game, the league caved to public pressure and allowed him to participate. He ended up winning All-Star Game MVP honors as a write-in candidate and took home a new car.

The All-Star Game ended up being the second-to-last time Scott ever played on an NHL rink. The Coyotes had traded him to the Canadiens before the game in what many thought was an attempt to keep him out of the game. Montreal sent him to its minor league affiliate in St. John’s, Newfoundland, and he spent much of the rest of the season there. He played one game for the Canadiens in April and was then allowed to return home to Michigan instead of going back to the minors. He retired the following December.

Like, NHL brass basically strutted down to the ice with "No Chance" playing while the fans booed. And then they demoted Scott from Raw to Smackdown because he accepted the title match when Vince wanted Roman Reigns in there instead. And then after his minor league stint, the glass broke in Montreal and he skated down the ramp for one last match while the crowd went nuts. Now he's a ring announcer. (He's got a podcast.)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Like, NHL brass basically strutted down to the ice with "No Chance" playing while the fans booed. And then they demoted Scott from Raw to Smackdown because he accepted the title match when Vince wanted Roman Reigns in there instead. And then after his minor league stint, the glass broke in Montreal and he skated down the ramp for one last match while the crowd went nuts. Now he's a ring announcer. (He's got a podcast.)

BEST SUMMARIZATION EVER!!!!!! Love it loofy!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!

• Haha 1

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Anything to take out the Pats...….sounds good to me.....

34 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And they will probably both lose to the Pats!

• Sad 1

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

At least the Saints didn't make it in

I don't care for the Aints but I would have liked for Brees to go off into the sunset with one more ring. Respect and like the guy. 

Just now, Zeek said:

I don't care for the Aints but I would have liked for Brees to go off into the sunset with one more ring. Respect and like the guy. 

Yeah. That is bittersweet. Also like and respect him.

It makes me feel better that Mark Ingram is also a New Orleans lifer. Eff that guy. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. That is bittersweet. Also like and respect him.

It makes me feel better that Mark Ingram is also a New Orleans lifer. Eff that guy. 

True, he's an average NFL back at best they've just used him well. One of the worst turds I've met in person.

Maybe Tom winning another one would bring him closer to sitting on the couch.

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

True, he's an average NFL back at best they've just used him well. One of the worst turds I've met in person.

Maybe Tom winning another one would bring him closer to sitting on the couch.

Oh, really? Feel free to share.

Yeah. Even as a guy who genuinely wants his wife (and in-laws) to be happy, I'm very anxious to live in a post-Brady/Belichick world. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, really? Feel free to share.

Yeah. Even as a guy who genuinely wants his wife (and in-laws) to be happy, I'm very anxious to live in a post-Brady/Belichick world. 

Does your wife have a thick boston ma**hole accent?! lol

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Does your wife have a thick boston ma**hole accent?! lol

Haha, no, but her dad does. I love that accent though. I used to work for a Massachusetts company and I loved going up there and hanging out with the ma**holes.

• Haha 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

Haha, no, but her dad does. I love that accent though. I used to work for a Massachusetts company and I loved going up there and hanging out with the ma**holes.

They seem like rednecks just with a different type of accents and in a different part of the country. How would you describe them?