NFL Thread

aujeff11

Wow.  Garett deserved to be stomped at the end Even though the Steeler missed.  I can’t believe what I just saw.  Here is the full incident. 

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Wow.  Garett deserved to be stomped at the end Even though the Steeler missed.  I can’t believe what I just saw.  Here is the full incident. 

Could have killed Rudolph. Glad he didn't make contact. 

5 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Does Myles Garrett play again this season? Does he ever play again period? 

No way this season. I'll bet he will play again, eventually. They may give him a lifetime suspension, but allow him to apply for reinstatement.

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

“No doubt” going to get suspended too???

hahahaha sorry. GUS talk is ingrained in me after all these years!!! I NEED TO USE OTHER PHRASES!!!! lol. WOW! I thought everyone involved in the melee would get suspended at least one game. Just saw Rudolph is not getting suspended

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Could have killed Rudolph. Glad he didn't make contact. 

Such a stupid moment man. Game was essentially over at that point. Throwing punches happens every now and then but swinging a helmet is not pretty man. Especially when both teams are all but out of playoff contention in the first place.

How much you wanna bet the GoFundMe is already up for Pouncey's and maybe even Rudolph's financial losses?

Would love to think that our OLs would stick up for our QB like that. Not saying that wouldn't. Just saying I hope they would. 

2 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

Feels like there are more offenders than this. Still, the playoffs part cracks me up. Like the Browns were storming into the playoffs this year.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahaha sorry. GUS talk is ingrained in me after all these years!!! I NEED TO USE OTHER PHRASES!!!! lol. WOW! I thought everyone involved in the melee would get suspended at least one game. Just saw Rudolph is not getting suspended

All good. War damn brother 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

How much you wanna bet the GoFundMe is already up for Pouncey's and maybe even Rudolph's financial losses?

Would love to think that our OLs would stick up for our QB like that. Not saying that wouldn't. Just saying I hope they would. 

I’m assuming Pouncey can appeal this?

Being a Panthers' fan means I'm currently waiting on two different head coaches to get fired. Frustrating feeling.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Zeek said:

Being a Panthers' fan means I'm currently waiting on two different head coaches to get fired. Frustrating feeling.

As a fellow Panther's fan I have a genuine question:  Do you feel this is Ron's fault or the GM's?  For me, I believe the poor drafting and not going after OL's is what got us in this position and ruined Cam.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

WOW.....gutsy.....

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

As a fellow Panther's fan I have a genuine question:  Do you feel this is Ron's fault or the GM's?  For me, I believe the poor drafting and not going after OL's is what got us in this position and ruined Cam.

All the above. The Panthers have NEVER had back-to-back winning seasons. That’s enough to clean house including the water boy. It’s a shame Cam’s generational talent has been all but wasted there. 

28 minutes ago, Zeek said:

All the above. The Panthers have NEVER had back-to-back winning seasons. That’s enough to clean house including the water boy. It’s a shame Cam’s generational talent has been all but wasted there. 

Yep.....generally that is a product of the NFL draft system.....best QB goes to a poor team and just has to be lucky to ever have an OL in front of him.    And of course, he only had on OC who knew how to use his talent.    I figure he's "gone" from Charlotte …..too bad but generally Panther fans have lost confidence in him and are mostly looking for a change. 

Tom Brady listed as questionable vs. Cowboys due to elbow injury but expected to play, per report

The longtime Patriots quarterback hasn't missed a game due to injury in more than a decade

by Cody Benjamin

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is in "miserable" spirits, would rather not discuss his team's moves at wide receiver and is drawing criticism for his so-so performance in one of the NFL's most inconsistent offenses.

Now, he's at least in some jeopardy of missing a start due to injury for the first time in more than a decade.

After partaking in Patriots practice earlier this week as normal, the 42-year-old signal-caller was a surprise inclusion on Friday's injury report, listed as a limited participant with an elbow issue. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported later Friday that Brady is still expected to play on Sunday and is simply resting his elbow more than anything, but the single "limited" designation was enough for New England (9-1) to classify Brady as questionable for its anticipated Week 12 tilt with the Dallas Cowboys (6-4).

Admittedly or not, teams frequently attempt to use injury reports to their advantage, and Brady has played through most "injuries" -- real or exaggerated -- throughout his lengthy career. The last time the six-time Super Bowl champion missed a single game during a regular-season schedule was 2016, and that was because of an NFL-mandated four-game suspension. Before that, Brady only missed time in 2008, when a Week 1 torn ACL and MCL prematurely ended his season -- and streak of 111 consecutive starts.

Still, a questionable tag officially suggests a 50-50 chance of missing action, and during a Patriots season that's not been short on drama despite a familiarly sterling on-field record, it's hard to rule anything out. If Brady's elbow injury were actually serious enough to make him a last-minute deactivation against the Cowboys, rookie backup Jarrett Stidham, a fourth-round draft pick who starred in New England's 2019 preseason, would be in line to start against Dallas.

Edited by Auburn Kev

NFL to reportedly reconsider possibility of implementing wild onside kick idea that was originally shot down

The NFL could have a crazy new rule for the 2020 season involving onside kicks

by John Breech

Back in 2018, the NFL's 32 owners voted to implement a new set of kickoff rules that ended up having one major unintended side effect -- the new rules basically killed the onside kick. Since the new rules went into effect, it's become almost impossible to recover an onside kick. During the 2018 season, NFL teams combined to recover just 7.69% of all onside kicks (four out of 52). This season, things have actually been worse, as teams have combined to recover just 6.25% of all onside kicks (two out of 32). To put that in perspective, in the five years before the rule change, the onside recovery rate never fell below 13%. 

To add some excitement to the onside kick, it appears that the NFL's owners are going to reconsider a rule that was originally shot down back in March at the Annual League Meeting. According to the Washington Post, the league is going to revisit the possibility of implementing a pretty wild rule that was proposed by the Broncos earlier this year. 

Basically, the rule would allow teams to try and convert a fourth-and-15 play from their own 35-yard line, instead of attempting an onside kick. If they get the 15 yards, the team would get a first down and keep possession of the ball. If they don't get the 15 yards, the other team would take over possession from wherever the play ended. 

The original rule proposal came with several stipulations, including the fact that the fourth-down play could only be attempted once per game and that the one attempt could only come in the fourth quarter. The play could be attempted after any score, including a touchdown or a field goal. A team could also attempt the fourth-and-15 after giving up a safety. Regular onside kicks could still be attempted at any point in the game as well.

If you're wondering how exactly the play would be officiated, all normal rules would apply, so if a defense got called for defensive holding, the five-yard penalty would result in an automatic first down for the offense. Also, if the offense got penalized, they wouldn't be allowed to then kickoff after the penalty is enforced. They'd have to run a fourth-down play from their new line of scrimmage. 

Although the rule got shot down by owners in March, there's definitely a possibility that it could get approved this time around. For one, the NFL's competition committee seems to like the rule. The committee actually voted 7-1 in favor of the proposal back in March, and they could try to push it through again. The other reason the NFL could approve the rule is to spice up the fourth quarter of pretty much every game being played. Since onside kick recoveries have become basically impossible, this would give trailing teams a viable way to make a comeback. 

For the rule to pass, 24 of the NFL's 32 owners would have to vote on it at the next Annual League Meeting, which is scheduled to be held March 29-April 1 in Palm Beach, Florida. 

Man Jackson is crazy....when you have a guy that can do things like that if you tailor the offense to him you can really have something special.....or you can not let them throw the ball.....or not believe in them and turn them away!

On 11/15/2019 at 1:25 PM, McLoofus said:

Pouncey yes, Rudolph? Heeeeelll no

• Like 1