NFL Thread

aujeff11

Dallas defense is can’t get off the field tonight. Bears are just eating them up slow and methodical. 

• Like 1

Wow, this is a pathetic showing by the Boys. They pulling a Jets from last week. Jerry gonna fire everyone on the plane back. 

All of a sudden Manning likes Slayton as well.  I didn't know Eli could still throw that deep.  

Edited by AUBwins

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

All of a sudden Manning likes Slayton as well.  I didn't know Eli could still throw that deep.  

I saw that. On another note, I like Booger McFarland, but he is ruining MNF. 

22 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

I saw that. On another note, I like Booger McFarland, but he is ruining MNF. 

Yes he is much better as an analyst. 

On 12/5/2019 at 9:14 PM, AUBwins said:

Wow, this is a pathetic showing by the Boys. They pulling a Jets from last week. Jerry gonna fire everyone on the plane back. 

Dallas Stars upset Cowboys fan by firing head coach leading to headlines Dallas Head Coach Fired...... lol angry that it got up their hopes.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Dallas Stars upset Cowboys fan by firing head coach leading to headlines Dallas Head Coach Fired...... lol angry that it got up their hopes.

Oh yea it's coming this year.  Does Riley come? 

Vaughan Johnson, former Saints Pro Bowl linebacker, dies at 57
Mike TriplettESPN Staff Writer2 Minute Read

METAIRIE, La. -- Vaughan Johnson, a member of the New Orleans Saints' legendary "Dome Patrol" linebacking corps, died Thursday night at age 57 in North Carolina, according to Saints Hall of Fame general manager Ken Trahan.

The four-time Pro Bowler had been battling kidney disease for several years and lung failure most recently, according to Trahan's report for CrescentCitySports.com.

Johnson began his career with the USFL's Jacksonville Bulls in 1984-85 before spending eight seasons with the Saints and one with the Philadelphia Eagles. Known as a punishing hitter, the 6-foot-3, 235-pounder finished his career with 669 tackles, 12 sacks and 11 forced fumbles.

Denver Broncos coach Vic Fangio, who was Johnson's position coach in New Orleans, told ESPN's Chris Mortensen: "He was a great teammate, loved by everyone. He was a ferocious hitter and great all around ILB. And feared by the RBs in the league when he played. Ask Roger Craig."

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2019%2F1213%2Fr640956_1
Vaughan Johnson was a key cog in the Saints' vaunted "Dome Patrol" linebacking corps, making the Pro Bowl on four occasions. He died Thursday at age 57.USA TODAY Sports

Johnson is the second member of the Dome Patrol to die at an early age, following Sam Mills, who died of intestinal cancer 45 in 2005.

Pro Football Hall of Famer Rickey Jackson and Pat Swilling were the other two members of the fierce foursome, which produced a combined 18 Pro Bowl selections among them. They made history in 1992 by all being selected to the Pro Bowl together.

"He was one of the best players and best people I ever played with," Jackson told Crescent City Sports. "He was never fighting with anyone, the most generous guy I ever knew. He loved everybody. He was the greatest teammate I ever had. He would hit so hard. He was a great player and a great man. I am truly going to miss him. He was my brother. He was more than a teammate. He was my great friend for life."

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

I reckon this explains why the Pats cut him loose given the current state of their receiving corps. 

What is with Detroit bringing KJ back at this point in the year...?   They ain't going anywhere...so why risk it? 

• Like 1