Null

Sign in to follow this  
aujeff11

NFL Thread

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

Black Monday comes early

Kitchens is on any short list of epic disasters as HC. Hard to imagine how it could have possibly been any worse.

4 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

Sounds like it's a only a matter of which NFL job Rhule wants to take. I do respect him being upfront with the Baylor players and not just leave them twisting in the wind wondering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ree.gif

rerew.gif

gfdgfd.gif

• Thanks 1

I'm not particularly impressed with most of the NFL hires so far.

Panthers - Matt Rhule could be a great hire but he's far from a guarantee. I think his reputation as a re-builder is likely what sold the Panthers on going all in (7 year contract loaded with incentives). Decent hire but most of the Panthers fans seem rathe unpleased. Still, better than Rivera.

Cowboys - Mike McCarthy is an interesting hire and it might be successful considering the Cowboys already have a decent starting roster to build upon. Signing Dak and handling the cap space will be an uphill battle and working under JJones has to be miserable considering how involved he tends to be.

Giants - Joe Judge... man the Giants are a terrible franchise. This isn't a pretty hire by any means. I guess he's young and coming from a program everyone wants to duplicate but this isn't the home run they were hoping for either. He apparently is far from being a "player's coach" which could be interesting. He at least has some tools to begin working with but having Gman as your GM isn't a great thing.

Redskins - Rivera will be more of the same for the Redskins. 76-63 is not a promising record and he mostly leaned on Cam to carry his career. The guy is boring, out of touch, and an excuse artist. The Redskins really just need to change names and move to London for a complete rebuild.

Browns - It's odd that McDaniels seems to be the hottest name out there (receiving the most interviews) but now he's the last realistic big name out there with only one real vacancy left. Nothing has happened yet but it would be very interesting to see him go work with Chubb/Mayfield/OBJ/Landry at the Browns. 

• Sad 1

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Good for them. Kuechly has already earned $63 million. The other guys almost certainly had earned as much or more. Take care of y'all mentals and take care of y'all chicken. 

• Thanks 1

Apologies, but I don't follow pro football.

Will there be any Auburn players on the field for this Super Bowl?

Sunday UPDATE -- Don't rush to reply. I answered the question for myself.

Edited by AURex