NFL Thread

aujeff11

Aaron Rodgers should just be traded to the Patriots for hella draft capital (not that the Patriots use their picks anyways)

38 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Aaron Rodgers should just be traded to the Patriots for hella draft capital (not that the Patriots use their picks anyways)

"Gulp."- The rest of the NFL

Interesting note that Philip Rivers has already announced he will become the HC of a high school football team in Fairhope Alabama when he retires professionally. Says he wanted to be like his dad and coach HS football and his boys like his Dad did with him. 

https://www.al.com/highschoolsports/2020/05/nfl-qb-philip-rivers-will-take-over-as-st-michael-head-coach-pending-retirement.html

Good for him. Working w/ young men.

Can you imagine playing football in Fairhope knowing your next HS football coach is going to be an NFL HOF QB? 

• 2 weeks later...

@DAG, I know you're in Packer country. What's the general feeling among fans regarding the drafting of Jordan Love? Personally I was for them looking to the future but I think they could have gotten Love a little later. Don't think he was first round worthy. I know Aaron's got a few years left but his body is starting to show some age. I think Green Bay will end up doing the same thing they did with Favre. He'll be gone within a year of two at the most. It's logical. I just think they could have drafted smarter. I'm so tired of the year in year out struggles where if we score we can't stop anyone and if we stop people we can't score. I know we had a decent run last season but there was no way we were going to make the SB. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

@DAG, I know you're in Packer country. What's the general feeling among fans regarding the drafting of Jordan Love? Personally I was for them looking to the future but I think they could have gotten Love a little later. Don't think he was first round worthy. I know Aaron's got a few years left but his body is starting to show some age. I think Green Bay will end up doing the same thing they did with Favre. He'll be gone within a year of two at the most. It's logical. I just think they could have drafted smarter. I'm so tired of the year in year out struggles where if we score we can't stop anyone and if we stop people we can't score. I know we had a decent run last season but there was no way we were going to make the SB. 

Majority of them hate it because they know AROD needs many more weapons  around him. However, it is known that AROD is very hard to work with. I have no doubt that the coach used this as a message to show, you can be replaced too. I find it a bit ironic though after the Favre saga. With that being said, love is a huge project . AROD was a damn good QB out of college who just dropped. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Majority of them hate it because they know AROD needs many more weapons  around him. However, it is known that AROD is very hard to work with. I have no doubt that the coach used this as a message to show, you can be replaced too. I find it a bit ironic though after the Favre saga. With that being said, love is a huge project . AROD was a damn good QB out of college who just dropped. 

Exactly. They drafted to replace Graham and did get some OL help but I've not heard of any of these guys because I really do tend to concentrate on the SEC mainly and don't watch a lot of other leagues, especially out west. For the draft to be so SEC heavy, we didn't even tap that market. That may not mean anything in a couple of years or it might, hard to say right now. Hopefully Jordan pans out, for a first round choice he better. Anyway thanks for the response. I'll still love 'em regardless. 

On 5/20/2020 at 10:07 PM, gr82be said:

I’m not up there, but I’m the offspring of someone who lived in Wisconsin in the glory years and still have a ton of family up there. I’m hearing that it’s a little more split within the fan base. Some fans went into the draft expecting a high round receiver to be a part of the plan and were furious when we walked away with no receiver in the draft and a QB drafted in the first round. Others were initially surprised by the draft, but felt better about it after the organization explained their decision. Love was apparently drafted because he was available. The original plan was to pick up an elite receiver in the first round, but, when they got to their first pick, they didn’t feel like any of the receivers that were left were any better than what was already on their roster. So they instead grabbed a QB that they felt could be AR’s eventual successor.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/23/2020 at 10:05 AM, Paladin said:

Loved watching him run he just seem to glide while running I believe he was the youngest person to get inducted to the NFL HOF. I also got to play golf and have a beer with him by accident at Grand Cypress Golf Resort here Orlando. The nicest guy you would ever want to meet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

🗣🗣🗣

• Like 1
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn wish we had more like him

Indeed. All the Watt brothers seem really solid. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

TB12!!!

Crazy that TB12 first Super Bowl win was 19 years ago! Looks like he's the best he's ever been.  Assassin!