NFL Thread

aujeff11

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm absolutely guilty of minimizing Brady's impact on Tampa, but I was only responding to the tweet about the playoffs. 

That said, though, what do you think the score is if the two teams swapped QBs for the SB? I know that's a loaded and perhaps even silly question in a vacuum, but I don't think it is in response to that particular tweet. 

I don’t know. It’s tough because of the different offensive systems. Mahomes has never really operated in a pro-style offensive system and Brady definitely not in a multiple almost spread system. I think both would be successful but that be really tough to gauge. 

I had brought up how far behind the NFL is with society and right on cue Urban tries to hire a coach with a bad past......and it almost happened

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

I had brought up how far behind the NFL is with society and right on cue Urban tries to hire a coach with a bad past......and it almost happened

Thank you for being ever vigilant in your service to society and this board, if not for you...nobody would've noticed.  That would have been tragic for certain.  

Ocasio-Cortez attacks Biden on climate change policy ...

On another note, I'm really curious how much time it takes a fellow to make in excess of EIGHTEEN THOUSAND posts to a single message board.  You take this AUFamily thing lifer or death serious I guess.

• Dislike 1

• 4 weeks later...

Words cannot fully express what Drew Brees meant to Louisiana, and especially New Orleans.  He truly is a caring person that wants to make others happy.  I'm sure he will still be making a difference for years to come.  I will still wear my Brees number 9 jersey on Sundays.  

Edited by AUBwins

• 4 months later...

Bruh I heard the hullabaloo about someone saying this on first take and I find out it's him...of course of all players why wouldn't it be him. Smh.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone want to join our Fantasy Football league?  Mostly AUFamily guys on there. We have 1 spot left looking to fill.  

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I know the Bengals have been bad more often than they've been good, but to not get your first-ever road playoff win until your 54th season is fairly incredible.

Now let's see how this 49ers-Packers game finishes up.

Both top seeds sent packing...pun semi-intended.

Packers pretty much did nothing after their first drive.

image.gif.fb86fb80eeebd509e7622927244cdcd5.gif

image.gif.2cc02f9a8c5cd963c8e2eb08a20430dd.gif

image.gif.bb3c4fccb960d9720ca06692c88267e1.gif

image.gif

Real Talk

• Angry 1

Joe Burrow

Jimmy Garoppolo

Matt Stafford

One of them is going to be a Super Bowl champion.

I don't imagine too many folks at the beginning of the playoffs had those three as the last ones standing.

13 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Joe Burrow

Jimmy Garoppolo

Matt Stafford

One of them is going to be a Super Bowl champion.

I don't imagine too many folks at the beginning of the playoffs had those three as the last ones standing.

I've always thought Stafford doesn't get the respect he deserves. I'm not terribly surprised to see the combination of him, McVay, those receivers and that defense win big this season. 

This was the realistic expectation for Burrow but not this soon. Wow.

Love the youth movement, though. Allen, Mahomes and Burrow as the heirs apparent to Brady, Rodgers and Roethlisberger... gotta love it. 

And let's just give a shout out to these playoffs, period. That was the best 6-game run in the NFL playoffs we'll likely ever see. 5 straight games decided on the last play and then the go-ahead field goal in the 6th with just over a minute to play. Even without the KC-Buffalo all timer, I'd love to know the total number of lead changes with less than 2 minutes of regulation left. 

Could be an amazing Super Bowl. 

Interesting note that I read on Twitter this morning. The AFC is the home team this year, so they will occupy the Rams' locker room and the Rams will be in the visitors locker room.