NFL Thread

aujeff11

Stids gets them to the 20 then Carlson kicks it through.  3-0 Aub... oh Raiders.  Hehe

Stidham finished with 96 yards passing on 8-15. He also added a 12 yard rushing TD on a scramble.  Not spectacular but solid start to preseason.  I think he's in a good spot as QB2 for Raiders under McDaniel (who basically drafted him at Patriots)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shannon Sharpe is spot on. 

This Prime pre-game is great. Gonzalez, Fitzpatrick, and Sherman are really good. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

One of the three (White Cowboy with the blue star and any version of the Raiders) most beautiful helmets in the NFL. 

4 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

One of the three (White Cowboy with the blue star and any version of the Raiders) most beautiful helmets in the NFL. 

🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

• 2 months later...

Bumping this thread because the Patriots found probably the most unnecessary way to flush a game that I have seen in a long time...

• 3 weeks later...

Awful, awful circumstances in Cincinnati tonight. Praying for that young man to make it. 🙏

• Sad 6

5 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

Awful, awful circumstances in Cincinnati tonight. Praying for that young man to make it. 🙏

Terrible.  Sickening. 

Hoping it's not Commotio Cordis.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Terrible.  Sickening. 

Hoping it's not Commotio Cordis.

Had to look that up because I didn't know the term. My thoughts after it happened went back to when Chuck Hughes of Detroit collapsed and died in the field. I watched that image on TV and at 11 years old it stuck in my mind for quite a while. I pray this young man is going to be okay. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The conditions for that to happen has to be perfect.  Scary scary stuff. I hope they treated him in time to recover. 

• Like 2

Based on the most recent US Commotio Cordis Registry data, 58% of individuals have survived a commotio cordis episode in recent years.Nov 29, 2022

I pray this is the case tonight. 

• Like 1

The key to a positive outcome of this condition is access to O2 via a patent airway (for brain function) combined with reactivation of heart function. I've witnessed this happen a few times as the result of MVA (motor vehicle accident) where the patient struck the steering wheel or via airbag deployment (driver too close to the steering wheel at the time of inflation). We revived all but one patient (elderly woman in her 80's). 

Edited by autigeremt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

The key to a positive outcome of this condition is access to O2 via a patent airway (for brain function) combined with reactivation of heart function. I've witnessed this happen a few times as the result of MVA (motor vehicle accident) where the patient struck the steering wheel or via airbag deployment (driver too close to the steering wheel at the time of inflation). We revived all but one patient (elderly woman in her 80's). 

Hamlin, 24, suffered a cardiac arrest following the hit with his heartbeat restored on the field, the Bills announced in a statement early Tuesday morning. The team further divulged that Hamlin is "sedated and listed in critical condition."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUnCullman said:

Very unsettling. So sad. Prayers for that young man and his family

It's incredible to see the stories of players and fans that are praying and asking for prayers for Hamlin. There's no greater physician than our Creator. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

@passthebiscuits, any thoughts?

Yeah watched this happen in real time. Looked immediately like commotio cordis. On the positive note, it looks like the staff was there right away with AED and other measures. On the negative note, he received several minutes of cpr. We can only pray that he survives this with as little anoxic injury as possible. He will need a miracle. I’m not optimistic, but we can always hope. 

I have a physician contact for the Bengals and he was on the field within the first 30 seconds or so. They are all just shaken to the core. 

just a terrible tragedy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Yeah watched this happen in real time. Looked immediately like commotio cordis. On the positive note, it looks like the staff was there right away with AED and other measures. On the negative note, he received several minutes of cpr. We can only pray that he survives this with as little anoxic injury as possible. He will need a miracle. I’m not optimistic, but we can always hope. 

I have a physician contact for the Bengals and he was on the field within the first 30 seconds or so. They are all just shaken to the core. 

just a terrible tragedy. 

Yes, I thought I heard something in the line of being worked on for 9mins.  That is a long time to resuscitate. Now I am thinking maybe actual CPR was shorter than that, and they were "working" on him. Very scary to see.  I hope he gets that miracle.  24 years old with his full life ahead of him.

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

just a terrible tragedy. 

Would this damage the SA enough that the AV takes over? 

Playing with any type of brady would be impossible and dangerous and I would think a pacemaker would be a career ender

• Like 1