Week 2 College Football: Around the Nation

War Knight

College Game Day is slipping.

Desmond picked Pitt over Penn State, said Georgia will win the SEC, and none of them picked us against Clemson. Majority of them chose Stanford over USC.

Should be a fun week!

Oklahoma State murdered poor University of South Alabama last night. Interesting that it was held at USA.

Louisville gashing North Carolina already. Might not be that close of a game. Lamar Jackson would be so perfect on our team.

Iowa against Iowa State always goes the opposite direction of what I predict.

Not sure how to phrase this but it's interesting to see more and more white receivers and running backs starting to emerge across the country. Seen a number of players this season and it seems to be on the upswing a little bit.

North Carolina has an Aussie punter who just booted the hell out of the ball. Can we get one of those please.

#8 Michigan 14 Cincinnati 0 // No surprise here. Should continue to get more and more ugly for the bearcats. Although, they're close to scoring right now!

#9 Wisconsin 14 Florida Atlantic 7 // Again, pretty boring game here. Wisconsin looking to strike again. Their schedule is quite favorable this year.

#17 Louisville 10 North Carolina 7 // They seem to be trading blows for the most part. Neither team seems to want to play defense consistently. Jackson needs a better team around him. Graduate and transfer dude!

#19 Kansas State 21 Charlotte 7 // Too much of a talent-difference for this newly minted division 1 team. Heres hoping they continue to grow though!

FSU/Miami/USF/Florida all have cancelled games with their soft opponents

Jackson threw one of the most beautiful passes I have ever seen just now. Wow. Might have just flicked it 40 yards with minimum effort. Man I wanted Jaylon Smith as a receiver.

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I hope Jarrett makes me forget about him, but thanks Gus for not going after Lamar! :banghead:

I think Stidham will be a solid quarterback but I'll never forget what could have been! Especially with him throwing to Smith who we really pushed for as well.

UT Martin RB just busted a 59 yard run down to the 2....and they score on 1st down easily. PAT pending will be 16-7 UT Martin over Ole Piss.

31 minutes ago, War Knight said:

North Carolina has an Aussie punter who just booted the hell out of the ball. Can we get one of those please.

The Auburn high punter was booming it over 60 yards. I assume he did the kickoffs as well and they were going to the back of the endzone against Central high last night. The Central announcers were gushing over this guy. 

Come to think of it, didnt we get the Ledbetter kid from AHS that was an excellent field goal kicker? Wonder if he is next up or if it will be the younger Carlson....just thinking out loud.

9 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

The Auburn high punter was booming it over 60 yards. I assume he did the kickoffs as well and they were going to the back of the endzone against Central high last night. The Central announcers were gushing over this guy. 

Come to think of it, didnt we get the Ledbetter kid from AHS that was an excellent field goal kicker? Wonder if he is next up or if it will be the younger Carlson....just thinking out loud.

Not sure but we need an answer at punter for sure!

14 minutes ago, War Knight said:

Not sure but we need an answer at punter for sure!

Looks like his name might be Barrett Rush and he is a senior....if maxpreps is accurate, he just joined the team a few months ago. Could be the reason he is an unknown talent. 

Not a good start for Arky. Allen stripped on 3rd down attempt, but Arky recovers. TCU then drives the field for the TD. 

OT: Brad Nessler is a HUGE upgrade for CBS over Verne. :clap:

Archived