***AU vs. Clemson -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

And to think people actually believed we were sandbagging last week. This is why you run your offense no matter who you're playing. This offense is clearly not good enough at the moment to be saving anything. Our next cupcake...we better score 70 or 80 if the defense let's us and the starters need to play the entire game. This is why i don't like that vanilla mess. Learn how to execute first.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FUZZYAUFAN said:

AU may have a new OC but it seems that AU still runs the same offensive plays  

Nah, we are just trying not to show Mercer too much............LOL!!

How did Gus look so good with Cam and Nick and appear so uncertain the last few years? I think the defensive coordinators have caught up.

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

I mean he's down by a score on the road against the number 3 team in the nation late in the third quarter he's not too terrible....

You think this offense can convert a 2 point conversion?  I don't.  

Just now, djg0017 said:

please please please just throw to Hastings for 10... in white lightning we trust

Yes, he is key for the short to mid range passes!

Just now, Farmer Brown said:

I support this team but not this head coach. HE is out of his league. Cam and Nick bailed him out and made him rich.

Gus CANNOT field a passing offense in the sec with a pocket passer. He will not find much better good pure throwers than stidham. Joey Gatewood is someone he needs to make HIS offense go.

I've said it since 2014, we need to hand a blank check to Chip Kelly. He would dominate with this team. He did say more with less at Oregon. 

We better get him before Texas A&M does

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

And to think people actually believed we were sandbagging last week. This is why you run your offense no matter who you're playing. This offense is clearly not good enough at the moment to be saving anything. Our next cupcake...we better score 70 or 80 if the defense let's us and the starters need to play the entire game. This is why i don't like that vanilla mess. Learn how to execute first.

Yep I didn't agree with that either:  this offense is far from good enough to do thatS. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Gus CANNOT field a passing offense in the sec with a pocket passer. He will not find much better good pure throwers than stidham. Joey Gatewood is someone he needs to make HIS offense go.

He will ruin him. He will transfer to another school and play lights out.

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

Exactly the point I was making last week.  But, I was labeled as a turd for suggesting it......SMH

Well at least we know Jay Jacobs will hire Rhett Lashlee to be our next HC - - our OC from our 2013 SEC Championship season!! 

Just now, AU-24 said:

How did Gus look so good with Cam and Nick and appear so uncertain the last few years? I think the defensive coordinators have caught up.

With Cam it was the fact that he had someone moderating him.

Think of actors like Jack Black. With the right director they can be funny but if they're allowed to run rampant it's trash.

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I mean he's down by a score on the road against the number 3 team in the nation late in the third quarter he's not too terrible....

You can thank Steele for that.

We have no clue how to put our players in the best position to be successful on offense. We're dead set on forcing and not adjusting.

Just remember guys, all it would take are 2 big plays from this offense. It's doable even if it doesn't feel that way. 

Archived