***FINAL: Auburn 6 Clemson 14***

RunInRed

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well offense crapped the bed in one of the most frustrating games I've watched in 35 plus years of watching AU football. This will be a very entertaining thread to read over though at least.  Let the games begin. 

uga '15. clemson '16. uga '16. clemson '17. The list of games I will positively never forgive Gus Malzahn for. Ever. We were the best team on the field tonight by a mile, qb included.

Stidhams parents are probably so pissed he's put in so much harms way

I hope Gus calls Art Briles on the way home and asks him how he should use his QB

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

THIS GAME WASN'T ON STIDHAM. 

No. But I was disappointed in his lack of instinct. At least 3 x he was flushed and either ran OOBor got tripped up 8-10 yards behind the line. He could have easily turned half those sacks to incompletions. 

1 minute ago, AU-Allen said:

You can try to save face for Stidham but he dropped 4 deep from the start in a Shotgun. That is where the ends are carrying their players. Next he then stepped up late in to the collapsing pocket. Which he should have been in to step up. He also has no arm, Several times he threw and it was not there. Last weekend was the same. He is not the answer but we do not need to burn a redshirt on this Offensive Coaching staff. Gus got luck and Cam carried him can we all just admit that now? 

I hate to say it but to take this offense over the top with Gus, we need a playmaker at QB...I know I am being a little girl right now, but I am all out of answers...Still going to support the boys full heartedly though.

2 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Nope but he better start pulling the trigger

Soooo......you want him to throw into double coverage while on the run with multiple defenders in his face? Cause that's a great plan. Picks are points right? 

7 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

War Eagle Always!

Agreed. Hoping for a better tomorrow.

WAR EAGLE!!!

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Well interesting to see all the folks bailing on this team....hope that means that for the rest of the season we won't have to put up with all the P and M from the negative Nancys....and Debbie downers.....kind of ruins the thread having to jump over all of that stuff.

Great game Defense.......O needs serious work but not sure how much Clemson affected things...maybe a lot?

I haven't seen anyone bailing on the team, just our inept Head Coach. Be real man.

5 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

I've officially jumped off the Gus bus...but will always pull for auburn 

He should have been fired after the Birmingham Bowl!

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Still doesn't take away that he crumpled with his eyes at the first sign of pressure and that he continually took out of the pocket sacks

When you've started 5 games in two years, took 18 months off of football... I'm sure I'd be crumpling against Clemson too.

Just now, CountStandya said:

Running game is what is lacking in my opinion. There is absolutely no imagination to the running game. Where are the sweeps, the counters, the pitch backs, the fake toss? Hell at least run left every now and then.

It all sucked. 

Charlie weiss was the most overpaid coach in history, we have #2.   This was worse than last year.   Its not like we would be firing a poor sap with 4 kids making 12 bucks an hour.   This guy has been paid multiple millions.    I don't even care anymore, thats how bad he is as a coach 

Just now, alexava said:

No. But I was disappointed in his lack of instinct. At least 3 x he was flushed and either ran OOBor got tripped up 8-10 yards behind the line. He could have easily turned half those sacks to incompletions. 

This is something I can agree on. But to blame him and ask for a new QB is silly. 

1 minute ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I agree.  Its all on the coaching.  

Absolutely on the coaching...end to end on the Offensive side of the ball. No hope nor promise for the Offensive "coaching" side of the team.

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

WR's weren't open and he had no time in the pocket. Nobody under center could've succeeded. 

A lot of that was his fault. He has no idea how to manage a pocket. Ran into pressure all night. 

I'm done. This is NOT all on the O-Line. All the happiness in JS feet is the problem. The offensive schemes are the problem. Gus  and Chip are out of their league here!!! The same ole vanilla plau calling! Where waa Kam at? Dont say he isnt fast enough either! Pett wasnt fast tonight!  Its a gimmicky offense that has been figures out. A new offensive coordinator did not fix it. And watching UGA(wifes a notr3 dame fan...poor tink-tink) we'll lose for sure. STEELE had this game close! #FireGusNow

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

When you've started 5 games in two years, took 18 months off of football... I'm sure I'd be crumpling against Clemson too.

Quit giving passes, either u can play big time college football or you cant

Archived