***FINAL: Auburn 6 Clemson 14***

RunInRed

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I've already bought my Mizzou tickets and UGA tickets.. and I don't even want to go to either anymore. 

Maybe you will be lucky enough to be attending both of Gus' "career saving" 2 good games a year...

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

I'm not sure why any HS QB would want to play for Gus.  I mean honestly it's not QB friendly at all.  

Therein lies the rub. I can assure you that the recruiting is about to take a nose dive, along with attendence.

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Therein lies the rub. I can assure you that the recruiting is about to take a nose dive, along with attendence.

That's why this needs fixin' asap. Auburn cannot allow the program to erode. 

I wanna get this on record before it happens and the sunshine pumpers return in full force.  I can easily see us not losing again until the LSU game or beyond.  I can see a scenario where Gus and Chip figure out just enough to move the ball on lesser teams like MSU, Ole Missy, Arky etc. and win those games like last year.  We might even get LSU on the road but I doubt it.  So we roll into Amen Corner with one loss and everyone is gushing over Gus again and all is right with the world...and then uga comes in and slaps us around JHS....again...and then uat comes in and slaps us around JHS ...again.  And we are a rousing 9-3 with now 8 consecutive losses to our two biggest rivals.  And the sunshine pumping Gus lovers will tell us how great a season we had and how Gus is just one more piece away from 15 national titles...and we will be right back here having these same discussions next year after an embarrassing loss and a tidy 10 straight to uga and uat. 

56 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Bama looks very beatable for the first time in years.  Unfortunately it won't be Auburn who beats them.  Not playing with this level of ineptness.

Who are you kidding. I haven't seen anyone who looks like they could beat them. Maybe Oklahoma and Clemson is not as good as last year. Unfortunately Alabama is the top team in college football for the forseeable future.

Just now, Tiger Scout said:

Who are you kidding. I haven't seen anyone who looks like they could beat them. Maybe Oklahoma and Clemson is not as good as last year

Jalen Hurts has not improved as a passer their defense is Bama level but id take Clemson, Oklahoma, Ohio State and maybe Penn State over them.  If we had a pulse on offense I'd take us too.  I was never sold on FSU this year.  

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

I don't think a coach has to be a sleaze bag to win in the SEC. Petrino is trash and always has been. Chip Kelly was in NCAA hot water....no thanks. Freeze was trying to beat nickster and the REC in the cheating game but he wasn't smart about it and didn't have enough power behind him. And then he had a blackmail worthy secret so....no. But he did get the best of ol' nickster a few times and that was good. Jimbo Fisher and Briles have the pretty much the same moral failings and that's no good either. We do not need another team full of thugs that just bring heartache and bad press to Auburn. Not sure about Patterson.....but out of all of them he seems to be the best one. I doubt he'd take the job though. 

There has to be a guy out there somewhere who is capable of SEC caliber coaching and isn't full of rot on the inside. 

Gundy? 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

I'm not saying we should do this. I just wonder what the team would look like if Steele was named interim HC. That's all, just wondering. Would we get worse? 

1 hour ago, AuMarine said:

maybe he would hire his own offensive co and let that person run the offense and he could run the defense .. the same way he is doing now. 

Al Borges is on our support staff...  could help coach ANY offensive position.  CCL could take / coach the QBs n WRs... and should takeover play calling.

OLine and QB ALL O positions should be opened back up... there should not be a RED jersey on a player and they SHOULD HAVE had to prove themselves against our 1st string D in the fall... LIVE scrimmage... that would have prepared them for Clemson.... or any SEC team.

Malik Willis should have been / and should be seriously considered.

I'd take Steele as our head coach any day btw.

3 minutes ago, JGLEATON said:

Al Borges is on our support staff...  could help coach ANY offensive position.  CCL could take / coach the QBs n WRs... and should takeover play calling.

^^^ This.  I would love to see some Borges plays thrown into our inept offense

4 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

Im reminded of the 2003 Tigers. It is painful to watch and just pray something happens on offense. Stidham needs to just take a shot and trust his receiver. I had rather watch him throw 2 or 3 pics than end up with 11 sacks. We have some talent at receiver and I would like to see us throw a jump ball and let our guys make a play. Most of his sacks came with man coverage down the field.

Yeah the people who kept on praising the fact that he never threw the ball away just cause it was a pick were thinking pretty small scale. In a half where you literally cant push a drive for more than 2 or 3 plays before going backwards, what the hell is a pick going to do for you? Clemson had several favorable drives where they could've ended the game, the defense was up to snuff to handle just about anything. You might as well show why we got you, throw a pinpoint deep ball to where our FIVE STAR receivers have a chance of making a play. What does holding the ball for a sack 2, 3 straight times just to get off a clean punt on 4th and 19 do for anyone? 

8 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I don't think a coach has to be a sleaze bag to win in the SEC. Petrino is trash and always has been. Chip Kelly was in NCAA hot water....no thanks. Freeze was trying to beat nickster and the REC in the cheating game but he wasn't smart about it and didn't have enough power behind him. And then he had a blackmail worthy secret so....no. But he did get the best of ol' nickster a few times and that was good. Jimbo Fisher and Briles have the pretty much the same moral failings and that's no good either. We do not need another team full of thugs that just bring heartache and bad press to Auburn. Not sure about Patterson.....but out of all of them he seems to be the best one. I doubt he'd take the job though. 

There has to be a guy out there somewhere who is capable of SEC caliber coaching and isn't full of rot on the inside. 

Petrino made one mistake he isnt trash and to be honest its thinking like that is why Auburn lost last night.  Maybe Auburn gets a choir boy yes sir guy again but they gonna get same results.   

7 hours ago, Tiger Scout said:

It takes a perfect game to beat Alabama and their qb took them to the nc last year and Clemson got lucky. Alabama will be in playoff this year. You can count on it

They're not the same team from last year.  They will make it not because they are so great this year but because no one else is even close to being elite in the SEC

I'm completely amazed that after the offense we saw last week that anyone here thought we would actually win this game. I'm just as amazed that anyone here thought Chip was going to be some great SEC coordinator.  The man was 3 years removed from being an "analyst" and was already under Gus's thumb before stepping foot on campus. This was NEVER a recipe for success.  This was always just a way for someone to come in to run Gus's system with a few wrinkles added.

Quote from Malzahn when Chip was hired. Tell me again why people didn't see this coming?

"He understands -- he was with me a year and he understands the core philosophy. I'm very excited about him coming in and kind of spicing up our offense"

10 hours ago, AU64 said:

Well...I missed KJ.....could  have used him and his wildcat down at the goal line early in the game and no question that KP was gimpy;....was just tip toeing into the line on his running plays.

Might have looked like a winnable game but not really with KJ out and KP about 70% there was no way for the running game to help take pressure off JS

Looks like you would give somebody else a couple of shots at running the ball.

22 minutes ago, Aucater said:

Looks like you would give somebody else a couple of shots at running the ball.

Yep that would have been nice to see but guess they needed KP for pass protection though I give him credit that earlier in the game he punched out some decent runs but 2nd half was hard to watch him.

Once we got into the pass almost every down mode, not sure that Kam M would have been much help. But I thought we had more depth at RB than has been displayed so far though this is only the 2nd game. 

Whoever let the cat out of the bag, "Jetgate", needs an a$$whipping.    If he were in charge and would have stayed at Auburn,  just think of the sustained success we would be having

9 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

I wanna get this on record before it happens and the sunshine pumpers return in full force.  I can easily see us not losing again until the LSU game or beyond.  I can see a scenario where Gus and Chip figure out just enough to move the ball on lesser teams like MSU, Ole Missy, Arky etc. and win those games like last year.  We might even get LSU on the road but I doubt it.  So we roll into Amen Corner with one loss and everyone is gushing over Gus again and all is right with the world...and then uga comes in and slaps us around JHS....again...and then uat comes in and slaps us around JHS ...again.  And we are a rousing 9-3 with now 8 consecutive losses to our two biggest rivals.  And the sunshine pumping Gus lovers will tell us how great a season we had and how Gus is just one more piece away from 15 national titles...and we will be right back here having these same discussions next year after an embarrassing loss and a tidy 10 straight to uga and uat. 

I don't see Gus surviving if we get slapped around by UGA and Bama again, especially combined with a loss to LSU 

Archived