***FINAL: Auburn 6 Clemson 14***

RunInRed

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make Steele interim head coach.

Promote Borges to interim OC.

See what shakes out. Immediately. That's my vote. 

If that doesn't work out, throw the entire bank at Franklin and Dabo (pipe dream) and see if one will bite. Franklin might listen if money was really talking.

37 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep that would have been nice to see but guess they needed KP for pass protection though I give him credit that earlier in the game he punched out some decent runs but 2nd half was hard to watch him.

Once we got into the pass almost every down mode, not sure that Kam M would have been much help. But I thought we had more depth at RB than has been displayed so far though this is only the 2nd game. 

True , there in lies the problem with this offence. Keep trying the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Oh well the season isn't over yet but it started off abysmally similar to the past few. 

5 hours ago, Cooper said:

Petrino made one mistake he isnt trash and to be honest its thinking like that is why Auburn lost last night.  Maybe Auburn gets a choir boy yes sir guy again but they gonna get same results.   

He has made more than "one mistake" so before you jump on a post you need to get the facts first and comprehend the issues. AU cannot have a coach like BP for many reasons. And Terry Bowden was certainly no angel but AU still was not successful. We had Coach Chizik....a man of honor.....and won a Natty. Look at where Ole Miss is right now because of Hugh Freeze. Do I need to mention Art Briles? Hiring a scum bag is absolutely no guarantee of success but it is a sure way to get a program in deep trouble. Then you'd be whining about that. There's a lot more to it and your perception of the issue is very shallow.

3 hours ago, AubieAH3 said:

Make Steele interim head coach.

Promote Borges to interim OC.

See what shakes out. Immediately. That's my vote. 

If that doesn't work out, throw the entire bank at Franklin and Dabo (pipe dream) and see if one will bite. Franklin might listen if money was really talking.

I really don't think this is out of the realm of possibility if Gus doesn't do something DRASTIC and make immediate long term changes on the field next week that will also translate to SEC and more elite teams we will play later in the season...  the WAY we win or lose in those games will determine his future sooner than later I'm thinkin...

5 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

He has made more than "one mistake" so before you jump on a post you need to get the facts first and comprehend the issues. AU cannot have a coach like BP for many reasons. And Terry Bowden was certainly no angel but AU still was not successful. We had Coach Chizik....a man of honor.....and won a Natty. Look at where Ole Miss is right now because of Hugh Freeze. Do I need to mention Art Briles? Hiring a scum bag is absolutely no guarantee of success but it is a sure way to get a program in deep trouble. Then you'd be whining about that. There's a lot more to it and your perception of the issue is very shallow.

Pretty clear to me you are the one dont know the whole story dont preach to me.

5 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

What happen to forgiveness.  Preach on you dont have a clue about whats goin on Petrino better than any coach on Auburn sideline besides Steel right now.  Oh Im sorry he didnt praise Dye enough.

On 9/10/2017 at 2:39 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah the people who kept on praising the fact that he never threw the ball away just cause it was a pick were thinking pretty small scale. In a half where you literally cant push a drive for more than 2 or 3 plays before going backwards, what the hell is a pick going to do for you? Clemson had several favorable drives where they could've ended the game, the defense was up to snuff to handle just about anything. You might as well show why we got you, throw a pinpoint deep ball to where our FIVE STAR receivers have a chance of making a play. What does holding the ball for a sack 2, 3 straight times just to get off a clean punt on 4th and 19 do for anyone? 

Dion Cain was covered several times - but Bryant took the shot. It ended resulting in just enough for Clemson to win the game.

On 9/11/2017 at 8:11 AM, AUcivE09 said:

Dion Cain was covered several times - but Bryant took the shot. It ended resulting in just enough for Clemson to win the game.

Wish we had enough time and interest in allowing a shot to go to our physical beasts vertically 

Archived