***FINAL: Auburn 6 Clemson 14***

RunInRed

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Well...I missed KJ.....could  have used him and his wildcat down at the goal line early in the game and no question that KP was gimpy;....was just tip toeing into the line on his running plays.

Might have looked like a winnable game but not really with KJ out and KP about 70% there was no way for the running game to help take pressure off JS

Agree completely. 

Nothing but praises to the defense. I'm officially done with Gus! I can handle losing but i can't handle constant loses do to inept offensive coaching. We're wasting a championship defense b/c we can't put together a couple TDs a game to beat Clemson.

Unless we're headed to Atlanta to play for the SEC Championship...i'm done with Gus! 

Bring on the moral victory Gus defenders who love 8-4 seasons...sadly I can see them figuring out enough on offense to beat the MS schools, arky, a&m and maybe even lsu and all the Gus lovers saying how great we are....then losing to uga and uat again. Then they will tell us it was a great season and we will be right back here doing this next year.

It's like ground hog day year after year but keep getting worse..gus has sucked since day one he came to auburn as a offensive coordinator. If we hadn't of had a quarterback like cam he still wouldn't have a nc.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Stidham still didn't play great. Just saying

It's scheme, not personnel. How they had everyone locked down but a free rusher almost every play reflected that. 

Just now, DAG said:

Hats off to the defense..

This is what I got to say. Open up the QB competition. In fact, all three QBs should see time next week. WRs could not get open, but part of that is the terrible WR tree. JS has terrible football IQ. I don't care if no one is open, throw the freaking ball out of bounds. I hate to say it but the fast-paced Baylor offense made him a star. There is still time for him to develop, but simple things like that are taught at the HS level. The offensive line needs some work, but they played against a great team, attacking an imploding offense. Lastly, CGM is in some serious trouble. I am not going to go any further than that...

Amen, can't praise the D enough. They've played as well as any D in the past decade but now the O is holding them back

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Stidham still didn't play great. Just saying

WR's weren't open and he had no time in the pocket. Nobody under center could've succeeded. 

You can try to save face for Stidham but he dropped 4 deep from the start in a Shotgun. That is where the ends are carrying their players. Next he then stepped up late in to the collapsing pocket. Which he should have been in to step up. He also has no arm, Several times he threw and it was not there. Last weekend was the same. He is not the answer but we do not need to burn a redshirt on this Offensive Coaching staff. Gus got lucky and Cam carried him can we all just admit that now? 

Well interesting to see all the folks bailing on this team....hope that means that for the rest of the season we won't have to put up with all the P and M from the negative Nancys....and Debbie downers.....kind of ruins the thread having to jump over all of that stuff.

Great game Defense.......O needs serious work but not sure how much Clemson affected things...maybe a lot?

I've never felt this hopeless in a game. I have always felt like our team had a shot under Gus. We look completely unrecognizable, where was the leadership and backbone? There wasn't any. This better change quick, or some changes with the program will be made. 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

WR's weren't open and he had no time in the pocket. Nobody under center could've succeeded. 

Still doesn't take away that he crumpled with his eyes at the first sign of pressure and that he continually took out of the pocket sacks. Had will for a TD and over threw him. Sal for a big gain but didn't see him

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Love this team. But we need a new coach. Our defense deserves so much better

How many years now has Gus (Our Head Coach..not someone from an opposing team) been lying about injuries, lying about allowing his OC call the plays? As much as I like the man, he should have stayed an OC somewhere else. He has to go...the damage has been done too long.

Simply ef'n pathetic offense. No excuse for that performance outta the talent we have on the OL and WR. Offensive staff needs to be apologizing to the team and fans for getting the players better prepared and not making any adjustments.

Defense is stellar. I'd go as far as elite. Offense is as bad as I've seen it. To put it in perspective, the Georgia Southern team that we "dominated" was also dominated by 1AA New Hampshire today. 

This offense needs a miracle and I think we spent all of ours in 2013. 

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Bring on the moral victory Gus defenders who love 8-4 seasons...sadly I can see them figuring out enough on offense to beat the MS schools, arky, a&m and maybe even lsu and all the Gus lovers saying how great we are....then losing to uga and uat again. Then they will tell us it was a great season and we will be right back here doing this next year.

Literally no one in this thread is defending Gus. 

Archived