***FINAL: Auburn 6 Clemson 14***

RunInRed

Stidham can Throw the ball. He played a almost perfect game. He ran the plays. The offensive line was overmatched. Pettway is not a every down back. We need a speedy back. Play calling sucked. Defense is the best I have seen in auburn in a long time.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Offense looked vanilla but it was quite understandable with a big game against Mercer next week. Gus didn't want to show his hand in advance. Words that I thought I would never have to say again... I miss Sean White!  To think a gun slinging QB from the "no defense" Big 12 Could actually step out of conference and actually succeed against better defenses was really quite laughable in the first place.  Game ball goes to the defense who played their hearts out. The offense was pathetic, the playcalling was laughable and Stidham was a train wreck.

I'm sure people are going to be all over Stidham. I actually feel bad for him. Now we know what Sean went through. We deserve better. The announcer said at least 15 times that we needed to help him by working the middle with some short throws. WR screens wasn't getting the job done.

KP needed to be subbed more often as he wasn't the same. He did good but it was feeding right into Clemson's defense

Clearly, in the 2nd half Gus took over calling plays and even with Chip was calling the plays it looked like Rhett on the sidelines

I'm tired of this song and dance by Gus and i'm ready to move on. It's the same crap over and over. Our team deserves better. We have a HC that's a one trick pony that can't adjust to anything. Gus's learning period as a HC is over. Sure this may be a melt but i'm more mad b/c our players deserve better b/c with a competent HC they would soar! 

2 minutes ago, au1duke said:

He should have been fired after the Birmingham Bowl!

Always an Auburn Fan...just took tonite's effort by the OC Staff to get me to finally wish Gus was somewhere else. BUT longterm lucrative contracts allow a lot of the lesser coaches to hang around long enough to get one large contract payout and they seemingly become untouchable.

Any of the experts that posted in last weeks post game thread about how we would see our "real" offense this week against Clemson wanna raise your hand and tell us why that logic makes anymore sense this week than it did last week?

Just now, Tigercj said:

We are not heading to Atlanta. 

We're not heading to the Bham Bowl with that type of offensive performance 

2 minutes ago, madkat7 said:

I saw...

1. An O-Line that could not run block or pass protect with consistency.

2. Offensive coaching that refused to adjust or to put the O in a position to succeed. 

3. A QB that would not throw the ball away, electing to take the sack instead. 

...am I wrong?

I'd bet most on here know way more about football than I do, but I'm a quick study, and that's what I saw, too. Unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, madkat7 said:

I saw...

1. An O-Line that could not run block or pass protect with consistency.

2. Offensive coaching that refused to adjust or to put the O in a position to succeed. 

3. A QB that would not throw the ball away, electing to take the sack (run OB or go down) instead. 

...am I wrong?

You are not. Number two caused much of number threes issue. Just like it did for Jeremy and Sean. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Scout said:

Stidham can Throw the ball. He played a almost perfect game. He ran the plays. The offensive line was overmatched. Pettway is not a every down back. We need a speedy back. Play calling sucked. Defense is the best I have seen in auburn in a long time.

He needs to learn to throw ball away you can't keep taking the sack.  

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

When you've started 5 games in two years, took 18 months off of football... I'm sure I'd be crumpling against Clemson too.

Nobody forced him to take a year off. It's his decision to sit on his butt for that long and be a waterboy for the local high school team. 

Les Miles can start tomorrow as head coach.....................

we sure as h*** do not need the one we have 

totally pitiful.

Just now, WeagleAU said:

We're not heading to the Bham Bowl with that type of offensive performance 

I am not even thinking about a bowl I just feel for these young men who Gus conned by tell them he knows how to coach.

Just now, mikeholiday said:

Nobody forced him to take a year off. It's his decision to sit on his butt for that long and be a waterboy for the local high school team. 

So he should've stayed at Baylor where they were literally sexually assaulting women? You serious bro? 

I really try not to get my hopes up but this season something felt different so I let that hope in. Tonight it is definitely gone. That was extremely embarrassing and I feel like later in the season when a different offense comes along and shows up Clemson's defense that it will be even more embarrassing then. I see a lot of people blaming Stidham and I honesty feel like he's the last person to blame. Yes he definitely holds the ball too long and over thinks things but the play calling is abismal as is the receiver play. IDENTICAL to last year this is a coaching FAILURE. I am so sick of watching other college teams do the simpiliest of things and wishing we could do something even remotely close to that. It's ugly. I'm embarrassed by this. There's no excuse. Last year Gus skirted by on a few wins and injuries. The pieces have never been more in place for it to come together this year. I do not want to have to start from scratch with a new HC. That causes too many issues but if it's got to be done then let's get it going. I'm over being optimistic. 117 yards of offense? Should have stayed home and forfeited and conserved our defensive players from any injure. Maybe I'm melting down but the truth is the truth. 

1 minute ago, CountStandya said:

This is simply a matter of money. We have the money...NOW let us go and do what we should have done in the first place....buy a coach that is a PROVEN winner. Go straight to the Patriots and steal some Boston magic.

Ha. Ha.  I suggested this years ago before Gus was hired!  Ain't gonna happen, apparently.

1 minute ago, Tiger Scout said:

What would a speedy back do? Seriously, that DL tonight shut down everything. I dont believe KP was 100% tonight but he is by far the best vack that has playes so far. 

1 minute ago, War Knight said:

I just feel bad for the players. Such an amazing roster going to waste.

Just like last year. That's why i'm so mad right now. Wasting very good talent. These guys work so hard and do everything they're asked to do. They deserve better than this. 

1 minute ago, Shift said:

Any of the experts that posted in last weeks post game thread about how we would see our "real" offense this week against Clemson wanna raise your hand and tell us why that logic makes anymore sense this week than it did last week?

I was called out by one of the moderators on here for criticizing the offense and was basically told that we were saving everything for Clemson and that I have been too pessimistic and being a troll.  But I think it's obvious I was right there are glaring problems offensively and I am not certain when people are going to see that the problem is Gus.  As long as he's the HC, Auburn will not be a championship contender.  

Archived