***FINAL: Auburn 6 Clemson 14***

RunInRed

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Never came. Just like shortening the routes to help Stidham never came. Typical Gus and his offensive staff. 

Yeah, it made no sense to me

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Weegle777 said:

I'll be honest, I haven't been this indifferent about Auburn football ever. 

My brother told me a few years ago, he was tired of having a bunch of 18-19 year olds ruin his week.

He is a Clemson grad and made that statement pre Dabo and has stuck to it.

I sort of agree.  I'm not letting an idiot of a coach ruin my week.  

I feel sorry for the guys on the O side.

Only way things change is when AU begins to see changes at the ticket box- hate to say it.

Just now, Cooper said:

I agree the offense is Pop Warner.  Gus isnt a coaching guru.  I want to know who Auburn could get as a head coach willing to go against Saban.  Gonna be a short list.  We could have hired Petrino,. Could have kept Tubb, could have hired Briles as an OC, could have went after Spurrier,  as long as Jacobs and Dye are holding the strings we gonna look like we chasing our tails.  Btw Petrino is my guy.

Chip Kelly is mine.  He would have put up at least 20 on Clemson.  

1 minute ago, au1duke said:

Also a lack luster running game from one of the best running backs in the SEC last year.

I agree with you about all of the NCs we won. If we had any BDs and AD with guts, they would have come out and acknowledged these.

2 minutes ago, au1duke said:

Also a lack luster running game from one of the best running backs in the SEC last year.

KP is still injured. He was not really ready to come back but with KJ out he had no choice. If he'd been 100 % his performance might've been different. But he still would've needed the O-line to create holes for him. The O-line is the biggest issue right now. They were not prepared for Prime Time.

We have been in a slump since MS State game in 2014. It has been a steady stream of under performing and losing big games since then. That's when the boat started to leak and it has continued to leak since then. When will it finally sink?

Just now, War Knight said:

Just think, had we lost to LSU last year we probably would have been free from him.

I know you didn't state this but I will never wish for a loss to get rid of Gus. If the PTB can't see what the common fan sees, there's something wrong all the way up. 

2 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

I don't see why some of us are so high on Chip Kelly. We all saw what his offense did against good to great Ds

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

KP is still injured. He was not really ready to come back but with KJ out he had no choice. If he'd been 100 % his performance might've been different. But he still would've needed the O-line to create holes for him. The O-line is the biggest issue right now. They were not prepared for Prime Time.

So true!

1 minute ago, War Knight said:

Just think, had we lost to LSU last year we probably would have been free from him.

Nailed it. Gus is absolutely not capable of coaching in the Sec. it's too big for him and he has no idea how to evolve . 

5 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Kelly or Petrino beats this shite show

Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

I don't see why some of us are so high on Chip Kelly. We all saw what his offense did against good to great Ds

We aren't talking about the NFL.  His college offenses were explosive and if not for Cam he would have won a national title in 2010.

Just now, Weegle777 said:

Yep. It's scary that he struggles with that at this level. Dabo isn't the smartest, but he seems to have common sense. Gus can't coach after his scripted plays run out.

When you are an idea person instead of a student of personnel, you'll never analyze what's wrong with your plan. You'll just always assume no one is smart or skilled or consistent enough to accomplish it. However, that's too many if's. Meanwhile, we lose because other coaches seem willing to recognize, address, and eradicate the flaws that exist with their PLANS. Sometimes the most dangerous thing is being privy to previous press for the greatest invention...ten years ago.

1 minute ago, AU04ever said:

I know you didn't state this but I will never wish for a loss to get rid of Gus. If the PTB can't see what the common fan sees, there's something wrong all the way up. 

I agree. The school should have an AD that can see the problem before it gets out of control and brings embarrassment to the university.

2 minutes ago, AU04ever said:

Without going into the investigation in another sport at Auburn I sincerely do think there is a problem with the PTB at Auburn starting and ending with Jay Jacobs. 

3 minutes ago, AUTiger2012 said:

Yall ready to finally hear it? Stidham is not that good and Gus still sucks.

I agree.

Sean has a better pocket presence and is about equal with the foot speed.

He has a better touch on his throws and is willing to sling it and take the hit.

But play calling makes it so no QB is going to be terribley successful in big games.

1 minute ago, 1auburn1 said:

I said after last season 2017 would be 8-4 until proven differently.    No proof yet. 

No proof that Auburn's offensive mentality has changed with a new OC either

WHAT PISSES ME OFF IS WHEN WE HAVE A GOOD OFFENSE THE DEFENSE SUX. WHEN WE HAVE A GOOD DEFENSE THE OFFENSE SUX......... DEAR LORD CAN WE PLEASE HAVE BOTH IN THE SAME SEASON.........  GOOD O AND D THAT IS.....

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

Just saw the bottom line stat on tv.   15 total yards in 2nd half

Matches last years UGA game in futility.

Nice job Offensive Guru!

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

I agree.

Sean has a better pocket presence and is about equal with the foot speed.

He has a better touch on his throws and is willing to sling it and take the hit.

But play calling makes it so no QB is going to be terribley successful in big games.

I'm not sure why any HS QB would want to play for Gus.  I mean honestly it's not QB friendly at all.  

Archived