***FINAL: Auburn 6 Clemson 14***

RunInRed

"But we were holding back last week to be vanilla for Clemson" I don't ever want to hear that again.  Auburn doesn't have a clue offensively and it showed big time tonight.  Offensive line got whipped which is hilarious since there is so much depth there.  WRs I can't blame bc a.) they were put in horrible position by coaches and Stidham b.) they were hardly given a chance bc of Stidham and the o line outside of the coaches.  Kodi Burns shouldn't be coaching WRs. Gus Malzahn should not be calling plays ever again.  He's embarrassed any reputation he has left regarding offense.  Carlton Davis got exposed and needs more work.  Not a lot of optimism here except some great work by Kevin Steele who is only one earning his pay. 

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw...

1. An O-Line that could not run block or pass protect with consistency.

2. Offensive coaching that refused to adjust or to put the O in a position to succeed. 

3. A QB that would not throw the ball away, electing to take the sack (run OB or go down) instead. 

...am I wrong?

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Well interesting to see all the folks bailing on this team....hope that means that for the rest of the season we won't have to put up with all the P and M from the negative Nancys....and Debbie downers.....kind of ruins the thread having to jump over all of that stuff.

Great game Defense.......O needs serious work but not sure how much Clemson affected things...maybe a lot?

LMAO

1 minute ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Soooo......you want him to throw into double coverage while on the run with multiple defenders in his face? Cause that's a great plan. Picks are points right? 

No but when the D is in man you have to lead the reciver to the open field. MULTIPLE times he wouldnt throw it bc wr wasnt open atm. Throw him open

I feel we have the best D in the country. To constantly be on the field and play with that effort and still hold to two scoring drives is just incredible. We even won turnover battle. Clemson D is right up there as well. Only a few of their sacks were not coverage sacks (or JS know throwing the football)

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

I haven't seen anyone bailing on the team, just our inept Head Coach. Be real man.

Offense sucks and that is on Gus! Defense played hard and did not quit. However, we need better play by the secondary. They need to find the ball and make a play on it. 

Always will support my alma mater.... But gus must go! The defense played lights out and the offense was offensive. How long must we look inept on national tv? War Eagle and i hope these players win despite gus. Tommy tuberville is free. WDE

In a pre-game interview on the Auburn Network, Slayton made the comment that he was comfortable because he had been in the offense longer than others.  I just hung my head because this means we haven't changed anything offensively.  

1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

3rd game out of last 5 we've been held under 200 yds total offense (UGA, turds and tonight)

Unbelievably bad

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Our Run Sack Option offense is off to a fantastic start. RSO BABY! 

I'm out of likes so I had to laugh at this.... Run sack option... that is funny.... and sad,,, and true.

6 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Nothing but praises to the defense. I'm officially done with Gus! I can handle losing but i can't handle constant loses do to inept offensive coaching. We're wasting a championship defense b/c we can't put together a couple TDs a game to beat Clemson.

Unless we're headed to Atlanta to play for the SEC Championship...i'm done with Gus! 

I can't stand losing to opponents we're visibly better than. Nick Saban coaching our current roster for two weeks would have hung 45 points on them.

The OL got whipped all night but play calling did nothing to help. Quick slants and underneath crossing routes could have forced the lbs back and cut down on some of that blitzing. They ate our lunch.  That D was fun to watch. I like where our D is.  War Eagle! Love watching the intensity our guys played with. 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I hate to say it but to take this offense over the top with Gus, we need a playmaker at QB...I know I am being a little girl right now, but I am all out of answers...Still going to support the boys full heartedly though.

Only qb left on the roster with wheels is Willis. 

3 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

But we were holding back last week to be vanilla for Clemson" I don't ever want to hear that again.  

I couldn't agree more

Sorry to put this out in public for our remaining opposing defenses to see...

Fake jet sweep with Stove, Pettway over RT...

Literally the ONLY running play they ran. I have done all I could to defend Coach Malzahn...for several years. No more.

High School Coach, High School Plays...High School Football as long as he has that **** headset on!

P.S. Was it just me...or was he calling plays again??????

Just now, Weegle777 said:

Gus has been good when he has had a definite threat to take it the distance at QB. Need one now.

Is that Gus being good or is that riding the coat tails of freak athletes.

8 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Nothing but praises to the defense. I'm officially done with Gus! I can handle losing but i can't handle constant loses do to inept offensive coaching. We're wasting a championship defense b/c we can't put together a couple TDs a game to beat Clemson.

Unless we're headed to Atlanta to play for the SEC Championship...i'm done with Gus! 

We are not heading to Atlanta. 

Just now, War Knight said:

I can't stand losing to opponents we're visibly better than. Nick Saban coaching our current roster for two weeks would have hung 45 points on them.

Gus won't survive till the end of the season it was pretty much championship or be fired and this team will be lucky to go 6-6 with this offense. 

Archived