Who Do You Want?

ClaytonAU

If Gus were to actually be fired who do you want? Just want a realistic conversation about who you think you'd want to see in the Orange and Blue next? No Gus talk. 

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

If Gus were to actually be fired who do you want? Just want a realistic conversation about who you think you'd want to see in the Orange and Blue next? No Gus talk. 

Chip Kelly, Lane Kiffin or Bob Stoops.  Throw blank checks at them.  All 3 can develop QBs and with all 3 we beat Clemson tonight.  

Realistically, I wouldn't mind Gary Patterson. I can't see a chip Kelly coming down here or anyone insane like Jon Gruden. We are also not getting any Briles, so no need to mention that name.

Way too early for this thread. 

For now, we have Gus and will have to contend.  Plus, no one knows how the rest of the season will play out and who (coaches) will be available. 

This is always a sticky conversation with Auburn folks.  We think we can attract a big timer but usually we end up with well...Terry Bowden, Gene Chizik, Gus Malzahn...etc.  The only one of the above I think would take the AU job is Kiffen and I'm not sold he could ever run a big time program.  I have thought for a long while that Gary Patterson is a good fit but the PTB would have to relinquish the program to him much like the bammers did with saban.  

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Realistically, I wouldn't mind Gary Patterson. I can't see a chip Kelly coming down here or anyone insane like Jon Gruden. We are also not getting any Briles, so no need to mention that name.

I like GP

2 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Chip Kelly, Lane Kiffin or Bob Stoops.  Throw blank checks at them.  All 3 can develop QBs and with all 3 we beat Clemson tonight.  

I can get behind Lane Kiffin. And only because it would piss off Saban. 

Just now, OnthePlains said:

This is always a sticky conversation with Auburn folks.  We think we can attract a big timer but usually we end up with well...Terry Bowden, Gene Chizik, Gus Malzahn...etc.  The only one of the above I think would take the AU job is Kiffen and I'm not sold he could ever run a big time program.  I have thought for a long while that Gary Patterson is a good fit but the PTB would have to relinquish the program to him much like the bammers did with saban.  

That is why I went with GP. I seriously doubt we would be able to swing Chip Kelly. Bob Stoops isn't unretiring to come here.

Just now, Shift said:

Way too early for this thread. 

For now, we have Gus and will have to contend.  Plus, no one knows how the rest of the season will play out and who (coaches) will be available. 

OP:

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

If Gus were to actually be fired who do you want?

Just now, mikeholiday said:

I can get behind Lane Kiffin. And only because it would piss off Saban. 

Go back to his Tennessse team.  He probably would have won a championship had he stayed.  They were a decent football team.  

Just now, Barnacle said:

When Lane Kiffin starts winning, you let us know.

Go watch him at Tennessee when they played Bama and get back to me.  Go watch the play calls at Bama as an OC.  You can't expect him to be a world beater at Florida Atlantic in his first year.  Anyone who knows anything about football can see that Kiffin knows offense and he knows how to develop QBs. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

That is why I went with GP. I seriously doubt we would be able to swing Chip Kelly. Bob Stoops isn't unretiring to come here.

With the right amount of money both could be realistic.  

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

With the right amount of money both could be realistic.  

I love your optimism but no, no they are not realistic.  Again, we are not that program.  Neither needs the money and neither would want to deal with the Auburn politics.  

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

OP:

I read the post, thank you.

And, as I attempted to point out, most, if not all, of the names being thrown out are individuals that are currently coaching another team.  So, until the end of the season, they would not and can not be hired as a replacement.  Since I (and you) don't know what how the rest of the season will play out, there is little point in speculating on this topic.  That is all I am saying.

Archived