Who Do You Want?

ClaytonAU

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

To all that was happy with the hiring of Gus and mad when other fans made fun of our High school coach's offense.   How does it look now????

At the time (and I think I posted this), I felt Gus (or Kirby) was the most we could expect from Jay Jacobs.  I also thought at the time that Gus and Kirby were interchangable in terms of who would be more successful.  I am afraid I am going to be wrong as it pertains to Kirby.

wde

57 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

I really wish this would happen. 

"If wishes were whores, then beggars might ride" [or something like that?]

Every coach has holes in their "game" so there will be an argument to every name thrown out there. Shoot, if we wanted Saban there would be a faction of people saying "no, he's too much of an A-hole I don't want him". I'd rather take a guy with holes in his resume that has proven he can win consistently than a guy who has only proven to call plays really well. This may be idealistic but damn we are Auburn not some stepping stone program. We literally have a program where a coach with new ideas can step in and make the damn playoffs in year ONE.

I'd take a Jimbo Fisher, Gary Patterson, type of guy. But if JJ makes the hire he will try to meet us halfway and try to get Larry Fedora.

If you want any possibility of keeping the D staff, then you need a young offensive minded coach. An established coach will bring in his entire staff and a defensive coach will install his defense with his assistants.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If you want any possibility of keeping the D staff, then you need a young offensive minded coach. An established coach will bring in his entire staff and a defensive coach will install his defense with his assistants.

Yep.  It would be a shame to finally have the solid foundation of defense we have and the mix of veteran and up and coming coaches and get rid of that.  The question I have is whether CCL is capable of producing an offense without being hamstrung by his crazy uncle Gus.  If he can, send Gus packing along with Burns, adjust coaching responsibilities by promoting a GA or analyst for a few months and buy time to the off season. I think Steele is capable of leading this team and inspiring confidence in the players and coaches.  It is clear Gus cannot.  

Just now, WDEIke said:

What about the Mad Hatter?

you just named the 1 offensive mind worse than gus out there right now. congrats.

44 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I agree, but so be it if we can get an established coach.  The right young coach keeping the D staff = an established coach who starts with a clean slate.  I think with the right person making the hire, either approach can work.

wde

Just now, wdefromtx said:

This is not a reflection of who I want to be hired but.....

Based on JJ's previous hiring pattern our next coach is gonna be Will Muschamp. 

Rhett Lashlee if he was actually a head coach somewhere but yes. I agree. The man has a pattern for football hires and it is disturbing.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Rhett Lashlee if he was actually a head coach somewhere but yes. I agree. The man has a pattern for football hires and it is disturbing.

LOL, RL would be after WM gets canned. 

That way he keeps true to DC/HC, OC/HC, DC/HC, OC/HC pattern. ?

Just now, wdefromtx said:

LOL, RL would be after WM gets canned. 

That way he keeps true to DC/HC, OC/HC, DC/HC, OC/HC pattern. ?

Is there a laughing then crying selection?!?! because that is true and how I feel right now! spot on.

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

Every coach has holes in their "game" so there will be an argument to every name thrown out there. Shoot, if we wanted Saban there would be a faction of people saying "no, he's too much of an A-hole I don't want him". I'd rather take a guy with holes in his resume that has proven he can win consistently than a guy who has only proven to call plays really well. This may be idealistic but damn we are Auburn not some stepping stone program. We literally have a program where a coach with new ideas can step in and make the damn playoffs in year ONE.

I'd take a Jimbo Fisher, Gary Patterson, type of guy. But if JJ makes the hire he will try to meet us halfway and try to get Larry Fedora.

I would have went after Saban after we fired Chzik, if for no other reason than to make the turds pay out the a$$ to keep him then hire someone else.

6 hours ago, aubaseball said:

To all that was happy with the hiring of Gus and mad when other fans made fun of our High school coach's offense.   How does it look now????

The other candidate that was being called for was Petrino and I still prefer Gus to him. Now I'm not a Gus defender, it's time for him to move on but I still want someone who isn't going to get caught banging an assistant or prostitutes in his spare time. 

Get me a Jimbo Fisher (unlikely) or Brohm. If Troy has another good season I'd take a long look there too.

Sticking with Gus until end of season, then will evaluate. We're 1-1 and have no SEC losses and have lost to the defending national champions at their house by only one score. 

HAVING SAID THAT.... if Malzahn were to be dismissed for some reason at a close point to this time, I don't care how weird it is - I want Les Miles. He's got nerves of steel and football would be exciting. Championship experience and wins a bunch of ball games. I'd be so much fun 

16 minutes ago, VAtiger12 said:

The other candidate that was being called for was Petrino and I still prefer Gus to him. Now I'm not a Gus defender, it's time for him to move on but I still want someone who isn't going to get caught banging an assistant or prostitutes in his spare time. 

Get me a Jimbo Fisher (unlikely) or Brohm. If Troy has another good season I'd take a long look there too.

Pardon my English, but Jimbo ain't no choir boy, either.

I will say this for the people that want to keep KS and the defensive staff around. If we were to get venables as the HC I have enough faith that he knows how to build great defenses as well. Again not sure how he would play out as HC but like Muschamp I would think his defenses will be fine regardless of who the DC is. At least he'd stay out of the way of the OC ?

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205529403

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:45 PM, ToraGirl said:

Dabo may have Bama history, but he has the moral...no, I'll point blank say it, SPIRITUAL temperament Auburn seeks.  I can't help but like him.  

I just puked a little. Dabo sounds like damn bingo marker.

Archived