Who Do You Want?

ClaytonAU

3 hours ago, Mims44 said:

What is it about this joke of a man that people like?

Why not get carrot top instead?

L O L. you got to be kidding me. He is dabo without a natty. I mean that in the nicest possible way. He is winning at a place that is harder to win at than clemson as well. Yah he is a little out there and crazy and honestly probaly downright weird but guess what?! Our head coach is awkward AF but NONE OF THAT MATTERS if you win and He has done plenty of that at a job that is really hard to win at. They are the Auburn in that state and he has five 10 win seasons since 05 and 2 more 9 win seasons in that time. He has completely overhauled that whole program and changed the culture of the program. So he has a mullet. Big freaking deal. He is not strictly a air raid guy like Leach. His offenses are a lot more balanced and usually have 1k yard rushers each season complete with 4k yard passers and 1k yard WR's. Unless the wheels completely fall off and they choke they will most likely have another 10 win season this year. He is not winning with elite talent like dabo either.  Check their recruiting rankings. He is doing it because he is a great x's and o's coach and his system is really good.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched Memphis and UCLA play last weekend.  Mike Norvel has Memphis playing really well on offense. I was jealous to see how well they moved the ball. They mixed it up and kept the Bruins confused a lot. The Tigers defense was not that good though.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

L O L. you got to be kidding me. He is dabo without a natty. I mean that in the nicest possible way. He is winning at a place that is harder to win at than clemson as well. Yah he is a little out there and crazy and honestly probaly downright weird but guess what?! Our head coach is awkward AF but NONE OF THAT MATTERS if you win and He has done plenty of that at a job that is really hard to win at. They are the Auburn in that state and he has five 10 win seasons since 05 and 2 more 9 win seasons in that time. He has completely overhauled that whole program and changed the culture of the program. So he has a mullet. Big freaking deal. He is not strictly a air raid guy like Leach. His offenses are a lot more balanced and usually have 1k yard rushers each season complete with 4k yard passers and 1k yard WR's. Unless the wheels completely fall off and they choke they will most likely have another 10 win season this year. He is not winning with elite talent like dabo either.  Check their recruiting rankings. He is doing it because he is a great x's and o's coach and his system is really good.

This guy referenced carrot top. 

Can't take someone like that seriously.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

I like Fisher a lot, but he's 59 years old and has been a pretty average NFL coach. 

Yeah I like him too but have never understood the fascination with him.  He got the Titans to one Super Bowl 20 years ago and thats pretty much his whole claim to fame.  Could he recruit?  Would he want to recruit?  Lots of legitimate questions about him. 

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I like Fisher a lot, but he's 59 years old and has been a pretty average NFL coach. 

Im being tongue-in-cheek, I'm not a good coach search guy. But I will say- I hope they're thinking outside the box here- Ordinary to good coaches will get us an up and down team, especially if the conference rises to the challenge. I want the wow factor- a left field hire that is designated to do nothing but RUIN NICK SABAN.

Just now, jAUSon said:

Im being tongue-in-cheek, I'm not a good coach search guy. But I will say- I hope they're thinking outside the box here- Ordinary to good coaches will get us an up and down team, especially if the conference rises to the challenge. I want the wow factor- a left field hire that is designated to do nothing but RUIN NICK SABAN.

I'm not a good coach search guy, either. But, we certainly need to do our due diligence, and I hope we're at least looking into things now, regardless of what happens this season. 

5 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Yeah I like him too but have never understood the fascination with him.  He got the Titans to one Super Bowl 20 years ago and thats pretty much his whole claim to fame.  Could he recruit?  Would he want to recruit?  Lots of legitimate questions about him. 

I always had a bad taste for Fisher, but I saw his meeting with the staff on youtube videod minutes after he was fired.

Just now, jAUSon said:

I always had a bad taste for Fisher, but I saw his meeting with the staff on youtube videod minutes after he was fired.

I saw that too. Classy guy for sure.  I just don't know about his ability to build a college program.  Seems like he would have a very short BS meter too and not sure he would handle the Auburn "politics" well lol. 

12 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Stoops ain't comin to Auburn...

Gundy...maybe but he has it pretty darn good in Stillwater. 

Patterson- probably doesn't want to put up with the mess in Auburn

Then you get into maybe a Venables or another up and comer type. 

Both Gundy and Patterson have it made at their locations.......they aren't going anywhere anytime soon unless the wheels fall off in their program.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Wasn't he a better NFL coach than Sabin?  He doesn't have the college pedigree, but his NFL experience is definitely better than Sabin's

10 hours ago, Mims44 said:

What is it about this joke of a man that people like?

Why not get carrot top instead?

lol that made me laugh.......carrot top would look good in a visor.......and vest

11 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Both Gundy and Patterson have it made at their locations.......they aren't going anywhere anytime soon unless the wheels fall off in their program.

All I will say is that you really don't want to be so sure concerning Gundy.  A guy reliable guy on the rant sad this so I asked around.    Oh. by the way, my grandsons wife attends Okie State

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You pretty much sold me on Gundy just now lol. Didn't know much about him before but now other than the fact that he's a man...and over 40 at this point. But I'm liking what you said on the offensive side of the ball especially with the 1k rusher and 4k passer. Sure maybe those stats won't be as inflated in the SEC but it signifies he's using all of of his weapons. Does he call the plays or does his OC do that?

I don't care if our coach has a damn mohawk if he's winning. I mean damn UGA has a bowl cut on the sideline and they're off to a good start this year

28 minutes ago, Tiger said:

You pretty much sold me on Gundy just now lol. Didn't know much about him before but now other than the fact that he's a man...and over 40 at this point. But I'm liking what you said on the offensive side of the ball especially with the 1k rusher and 4k passer. Sure maybe those stats won't be as inflated in the SEC but it signifies he's using all of of his weapons. Does he call the plays or does his OC do that?

I don't care if our coach has a damn mohawk if he's winning. I mean damn UGA has a bowl cut on the sideline and they're off to a good start this year

He gave up play calling a couple of seasons ago I believe. The team has not missed a beat. TAKE NOTES GUSTAV! haha

Mason has too many good attributes to overlook and building a heck of a resume at Vandy.  Vandy?   SEC HC

Mullens wins with inferior talent, in the middle of Mississippi (enough said)!  SEC HC

Venables will be a rock star, mark this down.

I like Gundy, but he has better talent in all his games except one or two.  maybe...

PLEASE NO NO NO on Jeff Fisher. He is the Les Miles of the NFL. He has a offensive system that would of done well in 1997 lol. The rams on offense look massively better through 3 games this season with McVay as Head Coach. Fish refused to adapt. He last had a winning season in the NFL in 2008.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Fisher He did well when he had Air McNair as his QB but without him? 2 winning seasons in 10 years without Air McNair as his QB.

14 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Mason has too many good attributes to overlook and building a heck of a resume at Vandy.  Vandy?   SEC HC

Mullens wins with inferior talent, in the middle of Mississippi (enough said)!  SEC HC

Venables will be a rock star, mark this down.

I like Gundy, but he has better talent in all his games except one or two.  maybe...

I LOVE gundy! But they do not recruit great at OK ST. Here is where they placed the last 5 years in the big 12 when it comes to recruiting rankings according to the 247 composite. 4th, 7th, 7th, 4th and 5th. So I would not say he has better talent than all of the teams he faces. He absolutely gets more out of his talent year in year out than anyone in the big 12 because his system is great and he is a awesome teacher and developer of talent.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I LOVE gundy! But they do not recruit great at OK ST. Here is where they placed the last 5 years in the big 12 when it comes to recruiting rankings according to the 247 composite. 4th, 7th, 7th, 4th and 5th. So I would not say he has better talent than all of the teams he faces. He absolutely gets more out of his talent year in year out than anyone in the big 12 because his system is great and he is a awesome teacher and developer of talent.

IF <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Gundy is a possibility, I would assume that aTm would move on him first, while our admin is sitting around with their thumbs up their butts.   Knowing our illustrious crew, they are hiding behind locked doors lighting farts

Just now, doverstutts said:

IF <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Gundy is a possibility, I would assume that aTm would move on him first, while our admin is sitting around with their thumbs up their butts.   Knowing our illustrious crew, they are hiding behind locked doors lighting farts

L O L!!! IDK if I should keep laughing or just be really sad?

Archived